New members of the New Zealand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the New Zealand forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in New Zealand if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Kia ora 1f44b.svg

I'm new to the forum, getting on here to do research and prepare for the move to Auckland from London at the end of the month.

Flights are booked, work visa is taking its time coming through, but the employer is being supportive with it all. Also staying with a close friend who moved out 3 years ago, so very excited to get over there.

Hello Amanda_Auckland,

Welcome to Expat.com1f60a.svg

Thank you for the intro!

Will that be your first time in Auckland?

If you want to discuss any topic with people who are already there, do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Auckland forum.

You can also read the Living in New Zealand guide for expats.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi All,

I am sherif. I have been incited to apply for residence. I am in pursuit of putting my docs together. Hope if all goes well, I will be submitting it by mid march.

I am not sure to which place I should move within NZ.  I am an Environmental Engineer by profession and any recommendations and help will be much appreciated

Hi, i am new to the forum...im from Sri Lanka.

last month i received an invitation to apply for residency from NZ immegration...so right now I'm getting all the docs ready.

I'm hopeful , my family and i will get the opportunity to move to NZ soon.

Hello SirJam,

Welcome on board and Congrats ^^

Should you need any info, feel free to open your own thread on the New Zealand forum.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Hi I am a New Zealander and still live in New Zealand

Am I allowed to visit and post on this site.

I have not been able to find any other stalking sites for New Zealanders\

Thank you

Mary

@Sherif Azmath

Hello Sherif

I tried to post some details about your occupation but it did not work.

I suggest you search for the following on the internet.

Environmental Engineer - Careers New Zealand

There was 357 environmental engineers in NZ in 2018 according to the census.

The north island namely wellington and auckland are the best cities to try.

you need up to 4 years training.

There is a shortage of environmentsl engineers in NZ

This was updated on the site on the 16th January 2023,

I hope this helps you

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Mary

@Julien

I have just joined the forum under the email address  '[link moderated]

Hello apowerfulobsession,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that for your own safety, it is not advised to share contact details on the forum.

Also, since you are new to the forum, do let us know how we can help you1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien

Thank you Julian.

I am Daniel Zobatuo from Ghana and also international students yet to come to New Zealand for a course at the New Zealand School of Tourism (NZST). Once I am looking forward to this exciting adventure, I decided research on expatriate in New Zealand so I can begin learning something about businesses in New Zealand and a lot more about immigrants.

Welcome on board, Dani !

I hope you will enjoy the forum and Otago ^^

Hi everyone, I am Sun from Spain, i just came back from Greece in January and I am working to save in order to move to New Zealand in December-January 2024. I would like to start looking for a job or accommodation, and that's why I am writing this. I will be more than happy to talk with you all and learn from you and this beautiful country. XX

Hey sun92,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I suggest you start by reading the Living in New Zealand guide for expats.

In this guide, you will find all the information and tips that you need to have a successful expatriation.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi @Cheryl thank you! I will do so :) I just applied for my visa today, I am so excited to go there

Kia Ora everyone! I just got my partner visa for New Zealand where I will move in August with my wife who has just got her work visa. Originally from the UK, I've been living in the Cayman Islands for 6 years so this will be my second foreign country move. I am a professional photographer & videographer and I plan to continue this career in New Zealand. I know there is no shortage of photographers in NZ but I'm hoping I can find out how best to do this. Any advice is much appreciated!

@Julien

Hi everyone :) I did what I was asked many years many times: "You can do everything so please bring family in New Zealand. So 30 years of my marriage is hardies way to here: two hardiest immigrations, many dollars because everyone wants to live here and now I am 52-years old and I am happy to live in one of the most best town in New Zealand. You can write me *** your mobile phone in New Zealand I will text you and I can meet you and show this best town for my opinion :) Have a great and happy day :)

Hello 750125ii,

Welcome on board !

Thank you for your kind message.

We will be delighted to read your post on the New Zealand forum if you could help our members by providing guidance : New Zealand forum

Please note that contact details should be shared through the private messaging system as it is safer.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello 750125ii, Welcome on board !Thank you for your kind message.We will be delighted to read your post on the New Zealand forum if you could help our members by providing guidance : New Zealand forumPlease note that contact details should be shared through the private messaging system as it is safer.All the best Bhavna -@Bhavna

1f607.svg

Hi. I live in New Caledonia with my husband and our 2 children.

Our dream, leave NC for NC in the next 2 or 3 years......1f600.svg

@Julien ok thanks yes I am planning to move to new Zealand with my family

@Julien thanks

@olgaaupetit1f642.svg1f917.svg1f607.svg

@mrtomtom

Kia Ora :) Maybe both of you live in my town and I can do my better photos then I have :) If you will write me your place I will think how you can do my pictures. Looking forward to hear from you. 

Hello Calista Forell,

Welcome on board !

Find the Auckland forum here : Auckland forum

You can open your own topic and post your questions to seek any advice from members already there.

Wish you all the very best in your move.

Bhavna

Hello All,

This is Kaly from India.

My wife had received 'Specific Purpose Work Visa', while I have got 'Work Visa - Partner of a worker' for 2 years.

Planning to travel soon!

Welcome on board @Kaly ^^

Wish you all the very best in your move.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien Iam Wathsala Warnakulage from SriLanka.30 years experienced teacher.I studied lots of subjects related to the field of education.I have ,science trained/Diploma in education/Master of education/& Bachelor of art.I would like to move NZ.But now Im 52 years old.                 Thank you.,                                                          Im Wathsala

@Warnakulage Warnakula

Hello and welcome !

First thing first, I would recommend to browse through the official immigration website to know more about visa : https://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Regards

Bhavna

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1056224

Thanks!

Closed