Help for a New Life in New Zealand

Hello! Im spanish.
IŽm still living in Spain, but what i need now is a radical change in my life. Im still young (26), so i think its time to go living where i always wanted to live; New Zealand
I dont know how to start to planing my moving to there. How to find a job, which is the best city to find it, good cities, not so good cities, residence or house or flat, any advise you can give me if you dont mind...
Any thing about Spain or Perú you can ask me ok?
Thanks a lot to all!!

Hola Jorge,

you should have a look to the New Zealand expat guide, it might help ;)

Thans a lot! iŽll do it now!

Jorge1983 wrote:

Hello! Im spanish.
IŽm still living in Spain, but what i need now is a radical change in my life. Im still young (26), so i think its time to go living where i always wanted to live; New Zealand
I dont know how to start to planing my moving to there. How to find a job, which is the best city to find it, good cities, not so good cities, residence or house or flat, any advise you can give me if you dont mind...
Any thing about Spain or Perú you can ask me ok?
Thanks a lot to all!!

Hey Jorge , All the Cities in NZ are great its just that you have suburbs in them that arnt so appealling, Depending where you decide to settle down.
My personal Favourite is Hawkes Bay , Great weather close to beaches, lovely winerys and lovely fresh fruit and veges.
ohh not forgetting the laid back lifestyle.
It all depends what your looking for try searching on Trade me, on that site you can find jobs and look for accomadation....and pick up furniture for your flat /house.

Good Luck on the big move...Youll love it.

Thanks Silver!!
I like what u say about Hawkes Bay.. that life style is what i like...
IŽm talking these days with the embasy looking for the working holiday visa. I'm so ansious to gat everything!!
One question? do you think it's posible to go there without nothing and find a job relatively easy/not too hard? Maybe i'll do that. IŽm a teacher, but if it's necesary i'll work at anything till i find a job as teacher of spanish or something like that.(waiter, cleaning, etc.. i've done it before)
What amount of money do you think i need to spend 2 weeks paying a hostel or something while i'm looking for a job??
I dont have to much, maybe for the ticket airplane and 400€ more.

Maybe i'm sking too much... hehehe!

Thank u again!!

Jorge1983 wrote:

Thanks Silver!!
I like what u say about Hawkes Bay.. that life style is what i like...
IŽm talking these days with the embasy looking for the working holiday visa. I'm so ansious to gat everything!!
One question? do you think it's posible to go there without nothing and find a job relatively easy/not too hard? Maybe i'll do that. IŽm a teacher, but if it's necesary i'll work at anything till i find a job as teacher of spanish or something like that.(waiter, cleaning, etc.. i've done it before)
What amount of money do you think i need to spend 2 weeks paying a hostel or something while i'm looking for a job??
I dont have to much, maybe for the ticket airplane and 400€ more.

Maybe i'm sking too much... hehehe!

Thank u again!!

It might pay to take a tad bit more money, Try looking on the website Eastern Institute of Technology, they may be looking for teaching staff, but not sure what criteria you need to have to practice teaching if any?
It does pay to find work before you go ,becuase the recession its a bit hard to find work anywhere in NZ.
Theres alot of fruit picking jobs during the summer period and you will always find work at that time.
If your interested in bar work Google Hawkes bay winerys I'm sure youll find somthing there ,to tie you over till you find a teaching job ,(dont qoute me on this but I think you need to sit a paper or exam to teach here if from overseas).
Hostels are pretty cheep in Hawkes Bay, but I think its alot more expensive in the bigger cities like Auckland,Wellington,Christchurch etc..

Theres alot of fruit picking jobs during the summer period and you will always find work at that time.

Good Luck

Hey Jorge

One last thing I noticed this posted on another persons message on life in Napier this is a town in Hawkes Bay
might be some interesting stuff on there.

http://www.napierlife.com/index.php?cid … fe/summary

All the best