New members of the Germany forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

@WilliamNZ

Hi William,

I'm Steve German nationality, most time of my life I spent in Germany, recently I've been a 5th time to NZ; I spent 1,5 years already at the south island of NZ. I have a daughter who's half french and I had her in a German Waldkindergarten between 2019-2021.

If you have some questions about schools you can contact me; with schools my knowlwdge is a bit limited, as we are on the way to settle in France and after having our daughter in school in Cameroon she'll go straight in the French system now. But my sister in law is German and studied education; she's working in a "Hort" but has her oldest daughter in school in GER.

We also could exchange about NZ, as I tried to get a foot on the ground over there; still under progress...

Cheers,

steve

Hello, I am a data analyst from Belarus.

Currently I live in Germany and consider transition to UK.

I am here to ask a couple of questions.

Want to thank everyone who answers the questions here. You are doing amazing job! Your advice are very helpful.

Hello zhuk,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

We are happy to have you around too.

Feel free to start a new thread on the Germany forum to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi

I am jules living in Cameroon with a project to study in germany. I received an admission at clausthal

@njulesromain Congratulations!

Hi all,

Im Tom, I'm from Southampton in the UK. Its been a dream of mine to move to Europe for a decade or so but brexit frustrated those plans!

I work offshore in the North Sea deep-sea diving industry which is great as I love scuba diving and all things maritime, especially sub-sea.

Here to find out as much as I can regarding my situation, the visa I need and the likelihood of getting what I need from the immigration office.

Cheers

Tom

I'm from Southampton in the UK. Its been a dream of mine to move to Europe
-@LifeTechTom

I can't help it, but have to add a snarky remark:

You are already in Europe, geographically, culturally and in many other respects. This isn't chaneg by some ignorant Brits stopping to co-operate with other Europeans (a.k.a. Brexit).

Thanks for that Beppi

Hi all,
Im Tom, I'm from Southampton in the UK. Its been a dream of mine to move to Europe for a decade or so but brexit frustrated those plans!

I work offshore in the North Sea deep-sea diving industry which is great as I love scuba diving and all things maritime, especially sub-sea.

Here to find out as much as I can regarding my situation, the visa I need and the likelihood of getting what I need from the immigration office.
Cheers
Tom
-@LifeTechTom

This thread is for people who are already in Germany. If you have questions which I am sure you can you start a new topic. Thank you, Tom.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

Thanks for that SlimCityAT.

Looking forward to reading other introductions from new members to the Germany forum.

My name is Stephen Matova, I was born in 1992. My purpose for being here is to find a job that will change my life. I have experience in two things now driving trucks and carpentry. I'm not a highly educated person, but because of my passion I was able to get the certificates, so I don't know how much help I can get to have the papers to search for a job.

My name is Stephen Matova, I was born in 1992. My purpose for being here is to find a job that will change my life. I have experience in two things now driving trucks and carpentry. I'm not a highly educated person, but because of my passion I was able to get the certificates, so I don't know how much help I can get to have the papers to search for a job.
-@wwwsmatova123

This is not a job website. We give advice. And one from outside the EU has no realistic chance to get a job and work visa, it goes in that order, without having highly demanded skills usually correlated with degrees and/or special training. It makes no sense for an employer to take the extra cost, risk and effort to recruit someone from outside the EU - even if the necessary work visa could be obtained. This has been mentioned numerous times on the site on other threads. And the hardest visa to get is a job seeker visa. Without a degree and demand for your field, and in most, to speak a high level of German, one has no pathway.

One often hears 2 arguments from people wanting to migrate for work; they are a hard worker and/or they are desperate for a new life. Unfortunately, while one might empathize with this situation it is marketable skills and usually knowing the language that count.

@wwwsmatova123 I wish you good luck in your job search. Do read the many discussions with lots of good advice given on this forum!

However, there is no chance for a truck driving job in Germany that gives wou a work visa - and carpentry is a small niche, where you can probably only find a job if you have very special skills (and papers to prove it).

@Julien I'm born in Triberg west Germany 1950 my parents both born in Triberg came to the US in 1954. GREW UP IN California . In 1970 I went to Germany worked in my aunts resturant stayed about 10 years. Came back to US , am now retired my father just passed away in May, so it's me and my wife.want to stay in Europe for extended time maybe settle down somewhere. I want to go back to the hometown for awhile,  haven't been back for about 10 years.

Anybody have similar experience?

Bertram

am in Nigeria and am looking for a job I won't to relocate to Germany

@solajide144 hello and welcome !

You should provide more info on your qualifications, profession and if you speak/understand German.

Also, feel free to read the Living in Germany guide for expats for detailed info about requirements to expatriate to Germany.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna  hello madam I can speak English  Urdu Punjabi and little Arabic also

I am underground electrician . With over 20 years experience I have done various roles in my life. I have  also  two years industrial work experience. I can also do plumbing work. I have good knowledge of safety rules.

@Abid g Thanks for your introduction and welcome to the forum.

Are ou actuallylooking for a job in Germany? If so, what efforts have you already underatken towards this? How many job applications did you send out and what were the replies? Are you learning German, or already speak it?

@Julien Am Mohammad Hussein , Syrian Nationality , live and work in Kuwait , have 7 years experience as adminstration assistant , as well as ten years experience in the field of travel and tourism , book air tickets , hotels , resorts , cruises , and all modes of transportation , with high level of English language .

my family are a wife and two children , they live in Turkey , and I would like to shift and work in Germany

Best Regards

@Mohamed Hussain90 Julien is the international site owner, lives in Mauritius and is unlikely to be able to help with Germany-specific topics.

To find a job in Germany (especially in your field, which is heavy in communication), the most important factor is language skills: How well do you speak German?

Hello,

I am living in Dubai, i am Software Engineer and want to relocate to Germany.

Thank you

@Noman Zaib Welcome to the forum!

You can find (by reading existing discussion threads and asking your ow questions) get lots of advice on how to look for jobs in Germany and what your chances might be. Good luck!

Most important of all are language skills: How well do you understand and speak German?

@Julien

Hello, i live in France but my son 15 years old is actually in Munich at European School till Christmas. I' m looking for a host family or other host solution for him.

Hello! My name is Kyndze. I just moved to Saarbrücken 3 weeks ago with my partner who is starting his master's. I'm Brazilian and I don't speak any German, so I'm really happy to find this forum to search for help. Thanks!

@Kyky Rodrigues Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll find here the answers, support and maybe friends you like.

Hello! My name is Kyndze. I just moved to Saarbrücken 3 weeks ago with my partner who is starting his master's. I'm Brazilian and I don't speak any German, so I'm really happy to find this forum to search for help. Thanks!

-@Kyky Rodrigues

Saarbrücken is obviously a university city, so plenty of young people and most will speak a decent level of English. That said, the more German you learn the more independent you'll be and be able to enjoy your stay.

One can take courses at the local Volkshochschule which is a kind of community college and usually the cheapest for language courses. At all universities there are pin-boards where one can put up adverts. One often sees students offering tutoring for specific languages. Sometimes one sees an offer for a “Tandem” situation which is an exchange. Say a German student wants to learn a language like Portuguese they will offer to help you with your German - thus each can learn the other's language languages without cost.

Hello

My name is Mitu Das

I'm from India

Hello monish1234459,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Could you please tell us more about you?

How can we help you?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

I welcome everyone who reads this blog.. I love making new friends and getting to know different people.. I sometimes describe myself as an introvert, but despite that, if I find a good person, I like to talk and go out and share most things with him.. Currently I am interested in German culture and I hope to I am traveling soon I currently live in Egypt, so if you live in Egypt and are interested in German culture, we can talk. I will leave my username of Telegram account because I do not open this site very often *** Waiting for your message

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Julien I'm interested to know about the job seeker visa status in Germany. I am 45 years old, I have 15 years of experience in import/export (food products) and hold a Master's degree in International Business approved by ZAB. Seeking export/import jobs that require English proficiency. Is this possible in Germany?

@Nitin Jain95 Julien is the site owner, resides in Mauritius and is unlikely to help with Germany-specific issues.

Please read existing discussions about the job seeker visa and come back with more detailed questions. But keep in mind that we cannot really assess your job chances here - only tell you they are low without good German skills.

Also: Please refrain from posting the same message several times - I had to remove the other one. Please read and follow the forum rules!

Hello fellow Germany forum members,

First off, a warm "Hallo" from the land of punctuality, pretzels, and perplexing tax codes! 😄 My name is Julian, and while I might not be able to help you decipher the secret to making the perfect schnitzel, I can certainly guide you through the labyrinth of German taxes.

I'm a German tax consultant with a keen focus on international tax law. Over the years, I've come to realize that while our beer might be world-renowned, our tax system... well, let's just say it's not everyone's favorite brew. And that's where I come in!

Expats, I feel your pain. Navigating the intricacies of German tax laws can feel like trying to order a simple coffee in a Berlin hipster café – complicated, slightly intimidating, but ultimately rewarding. Whether you're here for a short stint or planning to make Germany your forever home, I'm here to ensure that your financial journey is as smooth as a well-aged Riesling.

So, if you're ever in a pickle (or a sauerkraut?) about tax matters, or just want to chat about the quirks of German bureaucracy over a cup of coffee (or beer!), drop me a line. Let's make taxes a tad less taxing together!

Cheers to new adventures and keeping the taxman at bay!

First off, a warm "Hallo" from the land of punctuality, pretzels, and perplexing tax codes! 😄    -@Julian Thalmeir

Thanks for this concise description of Germany!

I agree that the German tax code is too complex for anyone's good - and that Expats are well-advised to consult a tax professional (like you).

But please keep in mind that this forum is meant for public (and free of charge) exchange of advice and experiences. You are welcome to contribute, but please do not advertise your commercial services or try to generate business from forum members. It would be a shame if we have to ban you from the forum for such behaviour, which is disallowed by the forum rules!

@Julien

Hello every one am a graduate student in agribusiness with  a bachelors degree.

I am looking forward to working with any farm in Germany because it has been my dream since I joined university here in Uganda.

Any one who can help me or guide can go on.

Thank you everyone.

@abiolahturyahumura Welcome to the forum, which is fullof good discussions about job search and pre-requisites in Germany. You should read and follow as much of it as possible.

The usual question: How well do you speak German, and which potential employers did you already find and contact?

@Julien Hey Hi Everybody. I have been living in Germany for almost 9 years now and started this Project [link moderated] where I write all the information which is necessary for Expats in Germany. Maybe it will be helpful for some

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Please note that you can not promote external website
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello all,

Newbie here. Originally from Hungary, then a few years in Canada, and now Germany. However, seeing the amount of pointless bureaucracy, how nothing works and everything is insanely overcomplicated, I may not stay very long... so far Germany failed to make any good impression, not like it used to 20-25 years ago.

But oh well, this is my introduction, y'all already know Germany, don't you! :D Ladies, take note, I'm single. I cook, write novels and have an amazingly friendly demeanor that helps me getting banned from forums where people prefer delving in sentimental delusions than facing reality. If I ever get kicked from here, remember this. :)

@W48SRQ That and your other post whining about the cost of health care are really not the best way to start. I think you can do better, can't you?

@beppi The question about health insurance was an entirely sincere one, so I don't see your problem, and this up here is an introduction, not a lie. If you took offense, suit yourself.

Closed