Ausbildung - new law passed last march of 2020

Hello I am really concerned about the new law passed last march of 2020. I am  25 years old (will be 26 this October)and I'm currently studying to get a B2 Zertifikat in preparation for applying for an ausbildung. The new rules implied that in training in Germany I have to be not older than 25. Please help

Which law do you mean? Where did you find it?
I never heard of this!

This one
https://www.germany-visa.org/news/new-r … explained/
Please tell me about this

It's the German skilled immigration act

Dee.fferent wrote:

Hello I am really concerned about the new law passed last march of 2020. I am  25 years old (will be 26 this October)and I'm currently studying to get a B2 Zertifikat in preparation for applying for an ausbildung. The new rules implied that in training in Germany I have to be not older than 25. Please help

There is no need to post it twice, the duplicated post has been deleted.

Dee.fferent wrote:

This one
https://www.germany-visa.org/news/new-r … explained/
Please tell me about this

Here is the German text from the new law.

„Wer unter 25 ist, kann auch zur Suche eines Ausbildungs,- oder Studienplatzes für sechs oder neun Monate ein Visum beantragen.“

Source: https://fachkraefteeinwanderungsgesetz.de/

Translation: One under 25 can apply for a 6 or 9 month visa to search for a vocational place or University acceptance.

The translation on the Germany-visa(dot)org site seems to be misleading, although they are usually a pretty reliable site. One over 25 is not disallowed from doing a vocational training; they just don't qualify under the new rules to get a visa to come to Germany to search for such training. They could still search and apply for one from abroad.  It is always possible that some vocational training programs have their own age limit but it is not a standard limit. The whole purpose of the law has been to make easier conditions rather than more restrictions.

Thank you for the info. But can I ask? Will it be hard for me to apply to any ausbildung in DE if i shall we say in late 20s?

Finding a company that accepts you as apprentice depends on too many factors which we here do not know, so we cannot comment on it.
But speaking at least intermediate German and selling yourself well in your applications will maximize your chances. Maybe you can also come here on another kind of visa and do the apprenticeship search during your stay?

Dee.fferent wrote:

Thank you for the info. But can I ask? Will it be hard for me to apply to any ausbildung in DE if i shall we say in late 20s?

The question is too general to be answered. Such things depend on the kind of training and specific program. And of course at the moment, nobody can answer if and when things will happen due to the Covid-19 situation. But it would seem to be rather simply for you to just search the internet for fitting training programs and read what their requirements are. Why should one speculate? Nobody knows better than yourself what you are really looking for.

Yes I agree with TominStuttgart,

dont't give up! You still have good chances to get into a program, but right now you should be patient because of the current situation. As to your age that will not determine your chances or at least not a lot. Good Luck!

Thank you all so much for your infos and support.

What one should know is that in Germany some benefits are dependent on age. For example, if one is insured through a public health care option, then their spouse and any children who are not working are insured along with them for no extra cost. But there is an age limit of 23 that is extended to 25 if they are in university or doing a job training. If they need their own insurance there are also special rates for students but this is also limited to age 30. I think private health insurance companies can offer a higher age limit.

Or there is the system of BAföG which is money given as a cheap loan or grant or combination of both for students, pupils or trainees. It is considered on financial need of the family rather than academic accomplishment. It is available to foreigners as well but one must start the degree or training by age of 29 or by age 34 for a master's degree.

Here is a link about BAföG. The site is in German only but it also has a version in simpler German.
https://www.bafög.de/de/fragen-und-antworten-715.php

This is a site for comparing insurance but it gives a good overview of the rules for insurance students and trainees.
https://www.check24.de/gesetzliche-kran … studenten/

Hi! I have a question , i will start an ausbildung in germany in september 2021 , in it possible for students enrolled in an ausbildung program to bring their wifes with them in germany through a family unification visa ? Thank you !

Endritcaka wrote:

Hi! I have a question , i will start an ausbildung in germany in september 2021 , in it possible for students enrolled in an ausbildung program to bring their wifes with them in germany through a family unification visa ? Thank you !

Unfortunately not. A study visa for university allows this but other kinds of vocational training don't. I don't have a link offhand but this subject has been covered on other threads in the past. If one does a training that later leads to a permanent job in Germany then the situation will be different

Thank you very much !

Those attending an apprenticeship (Ausbildung) are not considered students, but apprentices, but the legal situation is the same:
Yes, your spouse and kid(s) can apply (at the German embassy on their home country) for family reunion visa. The requirements are that you have sufficient income (approx. €10k/year per person), living space (e.g. rented apartment) and health insurance for all.

Oops, my answer crossed AND contradicts Tom's.
I guess you'd have to contact the embassy to find out what really applies.

Thank you very much , i appreciate your effort to help a stranger .

I cannot contribute to the spouse question as I have no idea sorry! Dee if you are around on this website still I would love to hear an update and if you managed to get an Ausbildung or not from wherever you are located. I am 32 years old and am over the 25 age limit also. I have to apply for Nurse Ausbildung directly from Canada.  I hope you got what you were looking for!

Hello thank you for you comment.
Iam 26 years old in this October and i am looking for Ausbildung in March.
I thought there was a age limit up to 25 .
Thank you for clearing that one.

I know a couple of friends who switched from student to apprenticeship status within the last two years, maybe they were affected by this law. One is 34 and I think the other is also over 25, but their conditions may not help you. They are doing apprenticeships in gastronomy and health-care (old-age care).

I would suppose you need to find an employer for the apprenticeship who is also likely to employ you long-term. This might be possible in certain fields which are considered undesirable by Germans generally, such as health care employees in old-age facilities. These generally have minimal monthly salaries. As a matter of fact it seems most of my friends are employed in this field. However, it is possible, once one has completed the basic training, to go on for further training, as for a management-type position in such a health facility. Theoretically, I suppose a second apprenticeship in nursing might also be possible after obtaining settled status.

If you were interested in more desirable apprenticeships such as electrician, plumber or home-builder, then probably you should have been prepared for such decisions before age 25. Because the possibilities to convert from student status to apprenticeship have considerably narrowed, one must choose to start an apprenticeship prior to age 25. Electrician might seem a good field, because then one can also obtain computer training and obtain technical university-level qualifications and so forth. Nursing might be another good possibility, because a qualified nurse theoretically could then study medicine after they already have settled status in Germany. But these are simply theoretical possibilities, and there would not be any guarantees how the legal situation might change. Wishing you the best with your future choices and experiences.