UK citizen moving with children to Belgium for work

Hi, I'm a UK citizen, I've been offered a permanent job in Brussels as an executive. I have two children aged 11 and 12, also UK citizens. My employer will apply for the work permit for me. My query is re visa process for my kids. Do I apply for a d-visa for them when I apply for my own? And if I have the work permit, how long is it likely to take to give the visa for all three of us? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hello,

no, you'll do it once you receive your work permit and request your visa D on your passport.

You'll get your visa glue faster than your children and as you're now considered as 3th country, it can take from 15 days to few months for your children :/

OK, many thanks for that. I'm a single parent, so it's going to be a problem if my kids visas take much more time to come through than mine, as I can't move till I have their visas. Is there any way to expedite their visas? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately there's none, you're not an EU citizen/Schengen anymore and you know the story of brexit...

Technically it can goes up to 9 months for the children as you're now a third country, but well, hey, won't be the case!

Realistically speaking, children process is kinda fast, but you might need to wait 2-3 months...