Starting a business

Hi

Just joined the forum as Im thinking of starting a new business in Indonesia.

I am a little confused about the investment requirements. I thought i understood that the minimum investment was 100 billion idr, 25% required immediately on commencement and the remainder after three years, and property purchase/building works couldn't be included. However an article on here suggests its only an initial investment of 2.5 billion.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks

Olly

Hi
Just joined the forum as Im thinking of starting a new business in Indonesia.

I am a little confused about the investment requirements. I thought i understood that the minimum investment was 100 billion idr, 25% required immediately on commencement and the remainder after three years, and property purchase/building works couldn't be included. However an article on here suggests its only an initial investment of 2.5 billion.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks

Olly
-@Olly75

Hi, i just want to share a little bit information

Requirements for Foreigners to Establish a Company in Indonesia

If a foreigner is to become an investor in Indonesia, then:

Must establish a company based on the business sector listed in the KBLI or Indonesian Standard Classification of Business Fields.

A company in the form of a PT owned by at least two shareholders

The minimum amount of foreign investment in Indonesia is IDR 10 billion (not including land and buildings) and the capital deposited into banks in Indonesia is at least IDR 2.5 billion.

Can only carry out business activities on large businesses

Usually mr fred is more informative than me

😊

Olly, hi!  This is way, way too complicated a topic for forum discussion. If you are serious, come over to Indonesia and spend some time on its two most important islands, Java and Bali. Mix with, and get to know some expats here and get their input. What you dream of can be incredibly fulfilling and amazing, or, it can be the worst nightmare of your life. The old adage, "many are called, but few are chosen" is the primary message I'd leave you with for now. Cheers and good luck.