Motorbike Trip to Cambodia

I'm more interested in the road trip to the Cambodian border, by bike (do you mean bicycle, motor scooter, or motorcycle). Is it a long, rough trip; can it be done in one day? Would a bus ride be better? Can you do it for the purpose of renewing the 30 day visa at the border town?

You previously posted that you are interested in Đà Nẵng.

The common border run from this area (Đà Nẵng/Hội An) is to the Lao Bảo crossing.

It's 4 1/2 hours each way by car or bus, though I've heard of bikers doing it in 3 1/2 hours.

Most people do the 30-day eVisa run there by private car or a van arranged by a local visa agent.

Or, Is it better to go by plane to Phnom Penh or Vientiane? Thanks.
-@jwdtw.
That's pretty expensive because there aren't any non-stop flights from Đà Nẵng to either country.

Instead, an option would be to fly non-stop, round trip Đà Nẵng/Bangkok, currently available for about $165 USD

Only the airlines schedules can tell you if you could swing that on the same day.

However, some people who don't require a regular apartment are staying one month in Vietnam and one month in Thailand (or, Cambodia or Laos) and making that their regular routine, staying in an affordable hotel/apartment with kitchenette for a month at a time.
-@OceanBeach92107

Lao Bảo is quite a distance from Cambodia, though. It is, however, good for a crossing in to Laos.

The same crossing restrictions apply.

@Aidan in HCMC

Visa on arrival (VOA) is available at Cambodia Vietnam international land border crossings (there are 5)..........................Cambodia e visa is also available on line & its a small stamp when you enter/exit & does not take up a full page of your PP. If you plan to live in Vietnam doing monthly visa runs that can a big factor I think.

@Aidan in HCMC Tigit dudes are correct, apart from this:

"A Cambodian or Laos motorbike (or any motorbike outside Vietnam) cannot enter in Vietnam"

I have seen 4-5 days ago in Ha Tien town scooter with Cambodia license (Kampot), obviously it is allowed! I went from Phu Quoc via Ha Tien border crossing to Phnom Penh. Nothing excited about this route trust me road full with potholes, trenches and traffic police cops in Phnom Penh preying on white people with scooters to make better financial situation for themselves. I do not know how is Cambodia coast or traffic police there, but if you just want to visit Phnom Penh for few days (why waste more time) take plane from HCMC  and back. You can easily do visa run to Ha Tien and back on scooter, nobody checks blue cards, but of course it is nice and safe to have real one :-)

Latest rapport from the field, week ago went through Moc Bai by motorbike to Cambodia and Vietnam border official asked me for blue card (bc), just glanced at  it and returned back. Got stopped in Phnom Penh by police and they asked for bc too, they checked bike plate and let me go. They do not care if bc is in your name or not, it is important to have it matching with license plate.