Dating with Vietnam women

I met an amazing women from Vietnam. She is  so cute and I couldn't resist myself . Finally I falling love with her. We don't have problems. As I read from the forums I saw that they are so loyal and trustworthy. but I would like to get more Intel to understand her and her culture. She is not a gold digger (I hope she is not). any suggestions ?

Ha ha ha......great stuff Sid.
You couldn't resist yourself. 😆😆

Fasten your seatbelt and hang on tight. 

Nothing more can be done here,, move along people.

There was this bloke walking along a beach in Sydney.......................................

She is so cute, After I lost my girlfriend (Car accident) 9 years ago I never got into a relationship. But after talking to her and spent a day time with her in Phuket, I spent alone about thinking her in Patong beach five days after she went to Vietnam. I hope you can understand how much I like her. Didn't sleep with a girl after I met her and I was in Patong for 5 days. I think I should move on. We will meet in Singapore next week. But no idea what to give as a gift... I'm new to this site.. Thanks for suggestions guys ..

Popcorn, beer. I'm all set.  :)

Interesting

The best gift you can give ATM card.

Yogi007 wrote:

Ha ha ha......great stuff Sid.
You couldn't resist yourself. 😆😆

Fasten your seatbelt and hang on tight. 

Nothing more can be done here,, move along people.

Fasten your seatbelt and hang on tight.  (Word of the day)

Ok Sid,,,
Looks like your the real deal.    Old school type of guy huh...

You've stuck solid after that day you two had together and didn't look sideways at another woman for 5 days .    I hope you told her that....if you didn't ,,do it right away before you,get to Singapore.   

By the way,,,,,Singapore is a good place to meet Vietnamese woman.  A lot of them are attracted to the place for all sorts of reasons.  And ...you being a business traveller will probably pass thru there again and likely meet up.   

You are so lucky in that Vietnamese women are masters at long distance relationships.    It doesn't worry them.    So long as you can help support them and reassure her your in this for the long term you'll be fine.

As for a gift,,,,,how can you put a price limit on true love.    You've been in the wilderness for 9 years now .....don't let something as trivial as monetary value limit what you offer her to impress.

Whatever you can afford will be fine.

Just going to get some more beer....

Oh, ask her if she knows Orchard Towers in Singapore........

Coll-Wing .. She is not interested about the money so ATM will not work. There are some good women's around I hope you didn't found one . Even in Phuket she paid for her stuff.

Yogi.. Thanks for the advice. She is coming from Vietnam to meet me. I don't mind about negative stuff. I'm an asshole I know that. But I changed myself after I met her..

Eodmat.. for your information she is not a hooker.She will travel from Danang to Singapore to see me. I hope you think all the Asian women's are hookers. But it's not..

Sid890 wrote:

Coll-Wing .. She is not interested about the money so ATM will not work. There are some good women's around I hope you didn't found one . Even in Phuket she paid for her stuff.

Yogi.. Thanks for the advice. She is coming from Vietnam to meet me. I don't mind about negative stuff. I'm an asshole I know that. But I changed myself after I met her..

Eodmat.. for your information she is not a hooker.She will travel from Danang to Singapore to see me. I hope you think all the Asian women's are hookers. But it's not..

If you knew her well then you shouldn't ask this question on the public. we guys just can give you and advice on here and it's totally up to you. All of the guys gave you some suggestions on here because I believe they all have much more experience about Vietnamese culture more than you.  Giving ATM card doesn't mean just only money. if you really want to buy a gift for her then you don't know what to buy, so give her your ATM to buy whatever she wants. Wish you Good Luck for your lover.

Sid890 wrote:

She is so cute, After I lost my girlfriend (Car accident) 9 years ago I never got into a relationship. But after talking to her and spent a day time with her in Phuket, I spent alone about thinking her in Patong beach five days after she went to Vietnam. I hope you can understand how much I like her. Didn't sleep with a girl after I met her and I was in Patong for 5 days. I think I should move on. We will meet in Singapore next week. But no idea what to give as a gift... I'm new to this site.. Thanks for suggestions guys ..

You met her in Phuket, Patong bar area................now she will work in Singapore??????  hmmmmm my advice to you is fly to Vietnam, go on vacation by yourself, Saigon, Nha Trang, Danang.  Gift??  tell her you wanted to buy her a gift but didn't have enough money, lost your job, but would be willing to live with her and her parents in Vietnam so you can be together.     Then see what happens.  just curious, what is your nationality??

tunnelrat69 wrote:
Sid890 wrote:

You met her in Phuket, Patong bar area................now she will work in Singapore??????  hmmmmm my advice to you is fly to Vietnam, go on vacation by yourself, Saigon, Nha Trang, Danang.  Gift??  tell her you wanted to buy her a gift but didn't have enough money, lost your job, but would be willing to live with her and her parents in Vietnam so you can be together.     Then see what happens.  just curious, what is your nationality??

It's pretty clear that he is Asian Guy. but maybe you did not get his point he wrote at first stage.

Sid890 wrote:

I'm sure that my (Vietnamese) wife will agree with your premise that not all Asian women are hookers. But I never met any woman of any nationality who didn't have just a slight interest in shiny things..... Which, of course cost money.

Anyway, let me tell you a little story about my uncle Doug, who was a railway engineer and who had travelled the world and at the age of 68 had decided to settle down, as he was quite wealthy and wanted to spend his remaining years in a relaxing retirement.

He met a girl in Thailand. She didn't want his money as she had a good job as a graduate manager with a large international steel company.

My uncle was a wise old bird and had a great knowledge of Asia so, after a year or so, he married his Thai girlfriend and decided to build a very nice bungalow to the north of Bangkok (about 60 km north). However he knew the Asian ways very well. So he built two bungalows, each one with a swimming pool, and each  one set in half a hectare of land.

He and his bride moved into one bungalow and his wife's family moved into the other. As he told me with a chuckle, "her family are welcome in my house but ...... At 9 in the evening they bugger off to their own place next door and take all their kids with them!"

Now, where's me popcorn....

tunnelrat69 wrote:

This is the story .. She work in major hotel chain as HR coordinator. She had a training course in Phuket. I met her online (Italki). she had one day off after the course. So I ask her to hangout around the phuket. so we went together and shared Taxi and Attractions fee together. She didn't let me to pay for her. After the training she went back to Vietnam next day. Then we talked a lot and we tried to understand each other. I'm in Oman so I can't see her all the time. So we decided to meet in Singapore to hangout. I'm in to Buddhism so she likes more ( Because she believes in Buddhism ) . I don't know  about Vietnam culture or girls so I wanted an advice. She never went to bar with me or didn't ask money. we didn't even had sex. if she wanted she could manipulate me to pay her.I'm donating money not keeping to my self so my bank balance is zero until I receive salary.She knows it.

I'm a Sri Lankan. Working as a BIM engineer in Oman. We had a great history until Europeans wanted to taste Cinnamon and pepper(list will be bigger). We always welcome people but didn't  invade them. I'm from a nationality who did first diplomatic mission in the world and used toilets,swimming pools and hospitals 1000 years before Europe. I hope that's enough to explain my nationality.

Yogi007 wrote:

Ok Sid,,,
Looks like your the real deal.    Old school type of guy huh...

You've stuck solid after that day you two had together and didn't look sideways at another woman for 5 days .    I hope you told her that....if you didn't ,,do it right away before you,get to Singapore.   

By the way,,,,,Singapore is a good place to meet Vietnamese woman.  A lot of them are attracted to the place for all sorts of reasons.  And ...you being a business traveller will probably pass thru there again and likely meet up.   

You are so lucky in that Vietnamese women are masters at long distance relationships.    It doesn't worry them.    So long as you can help support them and reassure her your in this for the long term you'll be fine.

As for a gift,,,,,how can you put a price limit on true love.    You've been in the wilderness for 9 years now .....don't let something as trivial as monetary value limit what you offer her to impress.

Whatever you can afford will be fine.

Back in 2000 I was working in Vung Tau and since the Rex hotel internet was sh1t, I used to go to Internet Thao - an internet shop run by  a lovely lady by the name of Thao*, to send my reports and stuff.

Her internet shop in those days always had quite a few girls in it, one of whom spoke English, French and Russian. Few of the girls spoke any other language than Vietnamese, so she was highly sought after by the other girls who were busy sending love letters, which the linguist translated for them as required,  to men in various countries - the USA, UK, Russia and France, for example.

In the initial stages, a girl would ask a man from overseas to send her a few shekels so that she could buy a "cheap" mobile phone so that they could communicate without her having to go to the internet shop. Surprisingly some of the girls had three or four phones.......

They would still go to the internet shop though so that the linguist could translate their texts for them and of course it isn't surprising that in those days, phone comms by speech were very very patchy. But text worked ok - until the girls got a smattering of the foreign language of their choice after which speech coms magically improved. And of course the girls now had phones to give them some status.

Of course in those days it was virtually impossible for Vietnamese generally to travel abroad - and it isn't much easier for them nowadays. But there is a class of Vietnamese girl who seem to have no problem travelling abroad. And they usually go to places like Pattaya. Phuket, BKK, Hong Kong (although HK is more difficult now, but I occasionally see a young Vietnamese lady called Eve in the Old China Hand bar in Wan Chai), Singpore and Dubai to name just a few.

Anyway.....

A couple of years ago when I was working in Iran, I invited my then G/F, who is now my wife, to come to Dubai for a spot of shopping and desert romance. Because of the difficulties in getting my G/F a visa - and getting her out of Vietnam, I had to construct a reason for her visit to Dubai. This involved me setting up - on paper - a series of meetings for her to attend in Dubai and all done on company letter head. I had to arrange an hotel booking for her as well as flights and transport. All of which she kept on file and took the file with her to Dubai.

I was waiting at the airport for her flight to arrive but she didn't appear for over two hours after her flight landed. When she did arrive she told me that Dubai immigration had stopped her and asked why she was coming to Dubai. She explained that she was attending a series of meetings and a job interview - and produced her file of letters, bookings and so on.

Two immigration officers then asked her for her help in translating questions from English into Vietnamese as there were two girls on the same flight as her who only spoke Vietnamese and, it transpired, could not give an address that they would be staying at in Dubai, nor the details of any contacts in Dubai. The two girls also had some interesting clothing and other items in their suitcases and unsurprisingly were put back on the plane for Saigon. For helping Dubai immigration, my G/F got a 3 month multiple re entry Visa FOC. Which was nice.

Anyway, as my uncle Doug used to say - "Travel broadens the mind"

*Thao was also a great artist and a few years later she was offered a dodgy trip to New York, to work in a place that designed greetings cards, wrapping paper and stuff for export. Of course her employer kept her passport and paid her pittance wages so she was a virtual slave. I met up with her again by chance in NY and got her a flight out of there, but thats another story.

Sid890 wrote:
tunnelrat69 wrote:

This is the story .. She work in major hotel chain as HR coordinator. She had a training course in Phuket. I met her online (Italki). she had one day off after the course. So I ask her to hangout around the phuket. so we went together and shared Taxi and Attractions fee together. She didn't let me to pay for her. After the training she went back to Vietnam next day. Then we talked a lot and we tried to understand each other. I'm in Oman so I can't see her all the time. So we decided to meet in Singapore to hangout. I'm in to Buddhism so she likes more ( Because she believes in Buddhism ) . I don't know  about Vietnam culture or girls so I wanted an advice. She never went to bar with me or didn't ask money. we didn't even had sex. if she wanted she could manipulate me to pay her.I'm donating money not keeping to my self so my bank balance is zero until I receive salary.She knows it.

I'm a Sri Lankan. Working as a BIM engineer in Oman. We had a great history until Europeans wanted to taste Cinnamon and pepper(list will be bigger). We always welcome people but didn't  invade them. I'm from a nationality who did first diplomatic mission in the world and used toilets,swimming pools and hospitals 1000 years before Europe. I hope that's enough to explain my nationality.

Well, looks like you have  found a good one! And regarding swimming pools and showers, you will be in good company since Asian women seem to shower 4 or 5 times a day.

As for Vietnam culture. How about me passing on some advice that my Vietnamese wife gave and constantly reinforces - "don't trust Vietnamese people until you have known them a very long time".

Oh and you forgot to mention the damned British stealing all your tea.  You also didn't mention that Ceylonese civilisataion with its showers and swimming pools might have lasted more than a thousand years if you hadn't spent all your energies and time fighting each other in interminable faction wars.

Still looking on the bright side, you got a decent railway out of colonialisation and, thanks to Louis Mountbatten you gained independence and an impressive economy out of trade with GB.

And speaking of women, here is a convo I had with my missus about and hour ago:
Me - I might have to go back to the Solomon islands for a couple of weeks.
Her - Oh Solomon, near Australia, right?
Me - Yeah
Her - That place you been before right?
Me - Yeah
Her - That place has a big crocodile, right?
Me -  Yeah they have big salt water crocodiles - very dangerous.
Her - Yeah, can you get me a handbag from that one......

Sid you are new here. We have these discussions all the time, you aren't the first. Study some recent ones, see below, maybe give you insights. You can search forum for lots more.

BTW, a tip: Never give gifts. Makes you look weak and desperate. Makes her feel like you are buying her. Trains her to expect more and bigger gifts. Be a man, be a leader, traditional Asian women like male/female roles in relationships.

Insight into VN Culture as a Westerner Dating a Vietnamese Woman?

Old men with young Vietnamese wives/girlfriends

Dating in HCMC - is this normal or am I being scammed?

Vietnamese wife?

Understanding Vietnamese girls

Hello Sid,

I like to share with you my own experience.

I am American-Vietnamese, I have been in US for 43+ years. I have heard all kind of stories about bad Vietnamese ....etc............. therefore I had somewhat form a prejudgement to the "current/new" Vietnamese. To make it short, here is my story.

I met a 40s woman at Colombia university, we had coffee but not exchange any info, a week later I met her again at Harvard University, we had lunch and talked then said good bye w/o exchange personal info again. A few week later we ran into each other in Budapest, Hungary....... What a surprise??  We both came there to give lectures but at different universities. Three times is a charm so I invited her for dinner, during dinner I found out we have the same time in Poland, Brittan, and France so we planned to have time together if it was possible. We had great times together for around two months in Europe but not having sex nor intimate times.

After I returned to US I found that she mean a lot more to me so I called her to say that I would come to Vietnam to see her, In Hanoi I told her that I would like to know her better and meet her family, she invited me to her parent home and her home. I was surprised to see how modest she live and felt guilty to let her paid for a few dinner in Europe when she insisted.

Before I left I gave her a large sum to buy a better place but she did not buy or spend any money and the same happened when we move to Saigon, she told me she wanted to live normal, she did not wear any jewelries I gave her because unless I asked her to wear when we attending parties or going to dinner meeting. I thought my choice of the jewelries were not  her taste so I took her to shop for what ever she like but she said she like what I bought and do not want to buy any more jewelry. One time I was transferring money from my bank to Vietnam she stop me by saying she still have all the money I gave her.

I asked her to marry me and move to US and her answered  was yse she would marry me but she wanted to stay in Vietnam.

I believe in karma and fate so do what you believe and enjoy your life.

Sid890 wrote:
tunnelrat69 wrote:

Thanx for the eye opener, as you see from some posts, a few of us are skeptical because we read these kind of posts very often, and a good amount of them turn out badly.  No, of course not all Vietnamese or any other culture girls are prostitutes, keeping in mind, if this gets serious, you not only marry the lady, you also marry the family.  Go in with this in front of you and you will be fine - after 45 years of 'dating' Asian women, I find a good Vietnamese gal is a "One Man Woman'  I have been in a happy relationship with a Vietnamese lady for 18 years. 
Good Luck and Mea Culpa on my previous post.

stddl wrote:

I like to share with you my own experience.  ....
I believe in karma and fate so do what you believe and enjoy your life.

Wow amazing story, stddl, I see how one would believe in fate after that!

Follow your head, not your heart.

colinoscapee wrote:

Follow your head, not your heart.

Nor your appendage  ;)

Always use the big head, not the little head.  :top:

Seen so many guys here get done over due to their own stupidity. :dumbom:

FYI

We have been together over 5 years, we have had disagreements and due to our works schedules we have to stay apart for up to 6 months but we are very much in love and committing to each others. Who know what tomorrow will be but as far as I am concerned, I will stick with her for the rest of my life unless she changes her mind.

If it happened (I hope not), I love her enough to honor and respect her choice and still thank my lucky star to have her as a part of my life. I believe, loving is giving without any reservation or expectation and be happy that there is someone for you to love.

I am going to resign and take my early retirement so I can be with her and I will do my best to bring her happiness.

Sid890 wrote:

I had to come back to you on your final point . You say that you "hope I think all Asian women are hookers". A strange thing to say. But let me give you some advice:

Men pay for sex. Its a fact. Doesn't matter whether you pay for a torrid coupling in a room paid for by the hour in a fornacatorium, or you pay for it with a mortgage, a car, private school for your kids, holidays abroad..... whatever. You pay.

So whats the difference?

It's like this: You aren't paying for sex when you hire a hooker. What you are paying for is for her to smile cutely and go away when you have finished.

eodmatt wrote:

I had to come back to you on your final point . You say that you "hope I think all Asian women are hookers". A strange thing to say. But let me give you some advice:

Men pay for sex. Its a fact. Doesn't matter whether you pay for a torrid coupling in a room paid for by the hour in a fornacatorium, or you pay for it with a mortgage, a car, private school for your kids, holidays abroad..... whatever. You pay.

So whats the difference?

It's like this: You aren't paying for sex when you hire a hooker. What you are paying for is for her to smile cutely and go away when you have finished.

My friends and I came up with a mathematical formula for this. It's actually very simple. We call it the PPF... Which mans Pay Per F..., you can guess the last word. Anyhow, sometimes a friend of mine has a sugar baby he covers in gifts, sometimes another has a "normal" girlfriend he brings to the restaurant/etc (one is married I guess it means less restaurants but also less sex!) and sometimes someone like myself will spend a few weeks going to "massages". We then compare the average PPF over a fews weeks time, and we're always amazed at how much lower the PPF is when paying for sex instead of the more standard "romantic dinners" route. The moral of the story is that I completely agree with you that's it's all pretty much the same thing executed in different ways :-D

At the end of the day, there will always be guys who get suckered.

I told a mate of mine to be careful with a girl he met in Thailand, he assured me she was a great girl. Some of the things she said to him didn't sit well with me. Two years later, it's all over, she was exactly what I told him she was, a money grubbing tart. Why couldn't he see this.......love is blind and stops you thinking straight.

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some inappropriate posts have been removed from this thread.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Would I like to know whats going on this topic? I have seen this guy give like to everyone who gave him some advice, So my question is, Is he agreed with thous recommendation? Are his relationships going well? Or is he found out there is nothing then Money?

In Vietnam we don't have gold digger, but we have mine diggers:))

My own experience of dating a woman in Vietnam is somewhat different than what many posts seemed to have found.
  I would meet with a group of friends in district 1 HCMC on Sundays. What started as a mutually beneficial exchange, they practiced English, and I could get any questions I had about life in HCMC answered, evolved into a great group of friends.
   They seldom let me pay for anything weather it was a night at karaoke, or a meal,  though they made much less than me.
   One day a friend introduced a new member. She was a little older (39) and not as good looking as a few of the other girls in the group, but she was cute, very smart, and had a good sense of humor.
After being In the group for a month, she asked to set up a private lesson and set a time to come practice English. As she didn't ask to meet elsewhere, I gave her my apartment address. From there it is a point of contention who sedoo who. I tell her she seduced me, and she says "No! You sedoo meh!" 😊 She also likes to say, "Teacher does not teach English. He just teach sex."
   A relationship (unfortunately) is more than sex, but she has been pretty great in many ways. She flew up to Hai Phong to meet me after I did the HCMC to Hanoi motorcycle trek   and paid for us to stay in a beautiful
resort on Cat Ba that was way above what I would spend. Also she is a Dr  and was super helpful gettng my brother care at a hospital in HCMC after he let a cut from biking in Cambodia, get infected. She paid for the hospital visit and the medicine as well.
   I left Vietnam six months ago, leaving part of my heart there. I was in daily contact with my girlfriend trying to decide what the next step was. As I had gotten home broke from my adventures, I didn't have a job and wasn't in any position to do much for my girl. Rather than have her try and come visit for 2 weeks, in a few months, she convinced me to come back to HCMC. She paid for my flight back and has an apartment she rented and set up for me in district one, while she will live in another apartment with her two children from her first marriage. I'll start paying for the apartment when I start teaching, after the Tet Holiday (when I'll meet her fam). She also insists on buying me a motorcycle when I get there and one that it has to be a newer and nicer than the junky Honda Win I drove her around Cat Ba on.
  I know my experience is not typical, and I got lucky as hell. I leave for HCMC tomorrow to see where this road goes with this woman a world away that I fell in love with.
   There are def woman looking to play foreigners in Vietnam and there are foreigners looking to play woman. Depending on what you are looking for, a night of fun, or something you want to last longer, its prolly good advice not to go for the woman who work in businesses catering to foreigners in Vietnam, but that is only generally true.

A lot of great Viet girls will pay for the date for sure. Took me by surprise a few times.

feloniusmonks wrote:

I would meet with a group of friends in district 1 HCMC on Sundays. What started as a mutually beneficial exchange, they practiced English, and I could get any questions I had about life in HCMC answered, evolved into a great group of friends.

Sounds like a great way to meet a social circle, and get dates, when new in town.

feloniusmonks wrote:

I know my experience is not typical, and I got lucky as hell. I leave for HCMC tomorrow to see where this road goes with this woman a world away that I fell in love with.

Sounds like a good start, and good idea following your feelings.

My GF now wife was also super generous and committed from the beginning. That helped us because there are a lot of things that aren't easy to figure out as foreigners, so we start out somewhat dependent. But she really appreciated when I took charge of organizing and guiding the relationship. That is normal there due to the concept of traditional male/female roles, something that is now taboo in the US. Rather than a battle for equality, instead a partnership where each contributes ones strengths. Good luck and hope the new family works out!