Train to Aswan from Cairo airport ?

Can I catch the train to Aswan from the Cairo airport, or do I have to go into Cairo's main train station?

Good morning Oceanbound ,
Welcome to Egypt , it's great that  you choose to go to Aswan, it's a unique city , relaxing , full of history , and people are nice too , if you are planning to go there by train you have to take it from Cairo main station  in downtown , or you can take a plan to Aswan it cost more but it will short the train time .
To go to the main station use the Taxi and ask the driver to take you to it , it's called in Arabic (Mahtet Masr) ,my advice to you it to book the sleeping place in the train ,because the trip is 15 hours , I did it before in 2013 and it was nice but looooooong hhhhhh
, wish you a good luck
Enjoy
Regards
Magdy

Hello,

No, you have to go to Ramses (Main) or Giza train station. You can use Uber to transport to the station. If you want to use the local taxi service, please make sure the fare calculator is working and tell the driver that you will only pay what appears on it.

If you want to book a ticket first, you may use https://enr.gov.eg but I think it may only accept cards issued in Egypt.

If you need a help in this, you can PM me.

Welcome to Egypt.

Be carefull with train transport. Why You do NOT take a domestic flight. Easier, good Price and It takes NOT 2 hours.