Cairo the perfect place and probably the perfect place to make new friends just by being stuck in a traffic jam.
You are sitting in the cab and the only thing that is moving is that blue horse in that meter and those piasters going up it's 10 pounds then you check your phone bam its 11.30 pounds now in few seconds no you are sober there's nothing wrong with you.
There are two types of meters: The blue meter with the running horse and The red one.
The Blue meter with the horse you can find it in:
- Hyundai verna http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/wp-conte … r-2011.jpg
- Daewoo lanos https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … teTaxi.jpg
- Shahin https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … -Sahin.jpg
Some or most of those meters can be manipulated easily by any mechanic or technician to calculate small distance for the same price ex: for every 400 meters it charges 0.25 piasters now for every 100 meters it would charge the same
As for the red meter found in:
- Speranza https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … o_taxi.jpg
- BYD http://images.memphistours.com/large/23 … _taxi2.jpg
- Lada http://taxi-photos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/1008.jpg
The red meter can't be manipulated as there's a certain company that does the maintenance of the meter and if there's any problem with it
From my personal experience since I don't own a car and most of the people. you spend around 25 to 40% of your salary on transportation or taxi so you can save just a little and never be manipulated again . Hence always check the timer cause sometimes they activate it while the car is moving and not stuck in a traffic jam and that would charge extra.
Be patient spend less.