Which of these cars has the best resale / general feedback?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to buy a car and have been looking at some options, finally narrowing it down to 3:

1. Hyundai Elantra - great looks on the outside, I don't like the materials used on the interior. Plus have heard from some this car is unstable at high speeds (no issue personally but worried about resale in the future)

2. Chevrolet Cruz - heavy looks, great interior that feels upscale. But have no idea about how it would do in terms of resale, or how it drives as compared to the others

3. Toyota Corolla - quite sure this has the best resale, and I know the drive is respectable too, but it's looks are nothing compared to the two above (in my opinion) - plus it is expensive.

If anyone knows anything about cars in this market, could you weigh in with what the actual resale comparison of the above cars would be? Also if you have anything to say about any other aspect of the cars in this comparison, do feel free.

Thanks!

Hyundai Elantra sucks ...... too expensive for a Korean piece of s**t ..... Looks will fade and you will end up with a piece of junk .... and the agent in Egypt (Ghabbour) is less than stellar .... Resale value is good though and spare parts are easy to find, but again, don't ..... You are better off paying little extra for a Japanese/European car.

and don't get me started on Chevrolet ..... Want to get a heart attack? Have some nerves to spare? Buy from Mansour (the agent for Opel and Chevrolet in Egypt) ...... I have heard horror stories about this agent and their service centers.

Toyota's service is not the best, but definitely MUCH BETTER than Hyundai and Chevrolet, and Toyota's are much more durable ..... resale value is also SUPER so don't worry ......

I would recommend the Toyota (if your choice has already been narrowed down to one of the three choices above)

hi ,,, like u said , the looks are great (cruze ,elantra) but i would go for the toyota (silver ;))
good luck!!

grimlock wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm going to buy a car and have been looking at some options, finally narrowing it down to 3:

1. Hyundai Elantra - great looks on the outside, I don't like the materials used on the interior. Plus have heard from some this car is unstable at high speeds (no issue personally but worried about resale in the future)

2. Chevrolet Cruz - heavy looks, great interior that feels upscale. But have no idea about how it would do in terms of resale, or how it drives as compared to the others

3. Toyota Corolla - quite sure this has the best resale, and I know the drive is respectable too, but it's looks are nothing compared to the two above (in my opinion) - plus it is expensive.

If anyone knows anything about cars in this market, could you weigh in with what the actual resale comparison of the above cars would be? Also if you have anything to say about any other aspect of the cars in this comparison, do feel free.

Thanks!

Ok...here is my opinion about your points of comparison and the price is up to you considering the latest models 2011 2012
1- is the best
3- is the worst

Resale price:

1- Elantra
2- Cruze
3- Corolla

Stability on high speeds:

1- Cruze
2- Corolla
3- Elantra

interior and exterior design:

1- Cruze
2- Elantra
3- Corolla

I would go for the Cruze !!

Corolla

well first, you can't compare Korean cars (Cruze & Elantra) with Japanese (Corolla). Japanese will always win in terms of durability, resale and stability as well.

Hyundai happen to be the number 1 wanted car in Egypt so its the easiest to sell when you want to and Chevrolet will come right after it so it doesn't make that much of a difference so I always think that you should just test drive them and pick the one you prefer its experience more.

and resale price is always a trick, what I suggest is that you visit contactcars.com and do your own research they have all new cars prices as well as used cars section so this will give you an indicator about the resale price as its always related to the mileage and model year.

and about stability,I bet you heard that comment from someone like me (Egyptian) which I don't know why all of us tend to measure stability over 100 miles (160 Kmh) and if a little shaking is felt then this car is unstable, I am not accusing anyone here but my self I am guilty with it as well, but I don't think this will be a problem for you

Hope you choose wisely at the end man.

Thanks guys. In the end, I opted for the Elantra - because well, it's the most popular car here these days, which has its advantages. And the Corolla was a) too expensive and b) a little too plain.

Hope it turns out to be a good decision in the end. Thanks again for your feedback!

grimlock wrote:

Thanks guys. In the end, I opted for the Elantra - because well, it's the most popular car here these days, which has its advantages. And the Corolla was a) too expensive and b) a little too plain.

Hope it turns out to be a good decision in the end. Thanks again for your feedback!

Drive safely and don't forget to tame the engine ;)

egyptian roads needs toyota crola you need strong car to be patient on the destroyed roads  in egypt plus its more practical

grimlock wrote:

I wonder, why don't put Lancer within the circle of your choice . It is a japanese car and less cost than Corolla.
Good Luck

[Moderated]

michka1 wrote:

[Moderated]

:blink: