Pharmacy Question

I anticipate relocating to Kuwait in a matter of weeks.

I take two medications for high blood pressure.  They are available over the counter in my last two countries; Malaysia and Thailand.  I don't carry a prescription, just buy what I need.

What is the system in Kuwait?

check with pharmacies like Boots that MIGHT have presence online if the same medication is OTC in Kuwait as well. if not, you will need to visit a doctor for a prescription im afraid.

Thanks, mate.

If I come, I'll bring along a supply,  just in case.

@misterstretch,

Here you need a prescription from a doctor to get a medicine,

And i m not sure but you cannot bring huge stock of medicine with you.(Please you can also visit the website of Ministry of Health, Kuwait)

It depends on the medication.  Some things like antibiotics you can buy over the counter, other medications (free in other countries) are considered for "nationals only" and you have to find a private doctor who will prescribe these for you.  That can include the cost of a doctor's appointment kd25-kd50 and the medicine on top of that.  If you can afford it, medical insurance (from kd250 per annum) is well worth it.  Hospitals Al Seef, Mowasat, and International are excellent.  In Al Seef if you do not have medical insurance but your condition requires you see the doctors regularly they have been known to give discounts on their consultation appointments or presrcibe up to 6 months medicine.  If your medicine is readily available then it will cost you only kd1-2 to see a government doctor with your Civil ID card.  You'll have to work out something until you get your Civil ID card.  Get you new employer (if you have one) to organise this for you.  Good luck!