Price of private health insurance

Good Day all,

I am moving to Kuwait soon and need advice on approximate prices of private health insurance and which companies are the best...I am covered by the company by my wife, 4 year old son and 1 year daughter are not. want to find out how much it will roughly cost me per month to insure my family.

Thanks.

best option is to see if the company can add then on your behalf and you pay for them; heres how it works out:

it'll cost you about 300KD per person per year, now the reason i say try to add them with your company is because insurance companies are not fools, the more you use the more they abuse. whereas in a company of XX individuals, the ratio of users and non-users can make it so the premium (price you pay for the service) is always kept low.

What insurance companies do is they divide the amount you paid by the amount you used and multiply it by a number. they then see if based on this number they should increase your premium.

for example, you pay 300KD. everytime you go to a private clinic you pay 25KD for a consultation, 15 for an x-ray and 10 for meds (you only pay 10% of the amount, the rest is covered by insurance, but they look at the total number). so thats 50KD. lets say your wife (heaven forbid) visits the Dr. 3 times that year, so thats 150KD. you paid 300. 300/150 = 2, times their multiplier, lets say its 1.2, puts it at 2.4. then based on this number, they can say next year your insurance premium is 320.

I audited insurance companies so i know a thing or two ;)

Thank you very much Legacy...you have been a great help  :top:

Adding to what legacy said.. to give you an approximate cost for your 2 children.. I will share with you my experience. my wife is covered by my company insurance my company pay 220 KWD for each of us. I have requested my company to add my 1 year boy to my health insurance. I paid 70 KD per year to my boy. Its important to note for you that there are two types of insurance in Kuwait there is the health insurance to be used in the private hospitals and that is what "legacy and I" talking about and there is the health insurance with cost around 25 kwd per year for the government hospitals. To be honest I started to avoid private hospitals. Government Hospitals are better in my opinion.  The reason is that they provide you with consultation and medical treatment that is not affected in any way with money.

If you go to a private hospital the doctor will try his/her very best to do all the tests and x-rays ans stuff that you need or might not need because each and every thing you do the insurance will (most of the time) cover the cost only you need to pay for 10%.

Its a business of sales and commission in the private hospitals it stopped being Doctor decent job for the most part.