STDs in Kuwait

Hi all,

I have a serious problem. I guess I got a kind of std and will go and see a doctor soon.

I was wondering if such cases are reported to the governmet institutions. Even if it's treatable like gonorrhea etc.

Is it better to not use the insurance?

Mostly the authorities are informed and your samples are sent to them, whether  the test is negative or positive. I don't think you can count on the insurance as you must get the 1 KWD stamp every time you visit a clinic.

You can go to a private clinic to have it treated, ask for a venerial desease or even just a GP doctor. It will only be recorded in your file/medical record/chart, nobody can have access to that but you, your doctor and the nurse.  If you are concerned about your case that might be a ground for you to be sent outta here, don't worry, that won't be a ground for deportation. There are certain VD's/STI's/STD's that are looked upon but your case is certainly ain't and not worth being forwarded to the authorities (provided it is only what you said it is), but if you have doubts, go to your home country, have yourself checked and be treated there. Get well soon and be careful.

Hi,
You can't just guess and you can't be sure if you didn't do medical check,  Also STD need special tests.

It's been a few days so you probably already did whatever you needed, but - I'll add an opinion to the post regardless  :D

First of all (based on your description), I don't believe a UTI is something the government is all that concerned about here, as the young lady stated earlier in the thread (and if memory serves me correctly, she works in the medical field).  Regardless of what it is, you'll need treatment and therefore basically have two choices - suck it up, walk into a clinic or hospital (stick to non governmental), and simply get the treatment (if it is simply a UTI you can use your insurance, it's no real big deal) - or - again as she stated, fly somewhere else and get checked.  Understand regardless of what you have contracted, even if it's something much more serious that does end up drawing the wrong attention and you are at some point asked to leave the country, your health is much more important then staying in Kuwait (consider it a tactical retreat - lol) - you need to stay healthy now, in order to support the family you have, 5/10/and 15 years from now. 

Hope all went well!

/  I figure your account details are generic due to the type of posting - so - do a good dead and post a bland response of what you actually did and how it turned out for others to read and understand the procedure so that 'maybe' it won't be as scary for others to seek proper treatment. 

:top:

i think some private insurances do not cover STDs, same as they dont cover diseases of the mind. check your private insurance first. and as MustaKano said, your health first and foremost.

Some postings have been removed from this topic thread because they violate the KUWAIT FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team