Lebanese living in algeria

Hello, I wanna know if it is easy for Lebanese to live in Algeria.
My husband wants to travel for work, I was planing to stay in Lebanon. Coz I am afraid actually to live in Algeria. I know nothing about this country, I travelled to Dubai and Egypt.. I loved dubAi but not Egypt. I am confused, I don't know if it is better that I stay in Lebanon or should I have the courage to live in Algeria for 3 years. I have a mater degree in biochemistry and planing to continue my Phd. Speak Arabic, French and English. Any helpful information plz will help me in my decision.
Thanks...

Hello Metalh.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope other members will be able to help you.

Aurélie

Hi Madame Metalh,

Merhaba(Welcome)to Algeria, well I am Algerian who lived abroad, coming back to Algiers was quiet dificult (life standards,Customer services,...) but you will like it,and meet other lebanese here.
Join this site http://www.internations.org
and feel free to inbox me.
Mc

lol why would you be afraid for its a muslim country follow your man you will love it here .
:)

Where do you want to live exactly in Algeria?

bien venus en algerie

Hi dousof & welcome to the forum, could you please post in English in this Anglophone forum?;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

hi

it depends on your life style, i have a lot of Lebanese friends over here but sure will not be as dubai or egypt, however algeria is a nice place to live in but you have to adapt ur self

regards

Metalh wrote:

Hello, I wanna know if it is easy for Lebanese to live in Algeria.
My husband wants to travel for work, I was planing to stay in Lebanon. Coz I am afraid actually to live in Algeria. I know nothing about this country, I travelled to Dubai and Egypt.. I loved dubAi but not Egypt. I am confused, I don't know if it is better that I stay in Lebanon or should I have the courage to live in Algeria for 3 years. I have a mater degree in biochemistry and planing to continue my Phd. Speak Arabic, French and English. Any helpful information plz will help me in my decision.
Thanks...

i'm a tunisian student and i live in annaba...well if u loved dubai and not egypt so i don't think that algeria will be a good choice..algerian people are nice and welcoming but u can't choose your lifestyle here..it's mechanical..house work ...work house...there is no cinema not really gastronomic restaurent nowhere to have faun with your family .u can't really have a funny life here..just work..  good luck

Hi!
I personally stayed for some time in Beyrouth I dont think it will be much different for you. Algeria and Lebanon are culturally close. USTHB university (algiers/bab ezouar ) one of the boggest in Africa(30.000 students), is prividing education in french language. You will need to obtain an equivalence of your degree to be admitted for Masters degree. Regards

Hi,

I have lived here more than a year now, we still have at least one more to go. This is the 6th country IŽve lived in and by far the most boring, dirty and difficult in every way. Yes, the locals are very firendly and have a good sence of humour, really nice people, but that doesnŽt help much, when there is practically no normal social life or anything else to do than going to the gym, or some occasional art exhibitions or maybe a movie at the French cultural centre as an example. In the evenings everybody stay at home, there is no life outside, ( I donŽt call going to a ridiculously expensive nightclub at Hilton a life )you would never believe this is a Mediterranean country. But if you get a nice home ( you will spend a loooot of time at home ) and start some language classes or something, then you will be able to manage it somehow. ItŽs very important to try and be as active as possible, just take contact with other expats through different forums on the net, if you are too shy the risk is that you will be very lonely here. I have been lucky enough to get some wonderful friends here, as well locals as foreigners, without them I would have left a long time ago. I think you should give it a go, every experience is good right, you always learn something and things here are starting to slowly get better so who knows, maybe you would like it here? If you donŽt try you will never know :-) Welcome!

Hi

i don't know why you are  so afraid of coming and living in Algeria  as far as i know and i'm pretty sure about it that Algeria is much safer and more secure place to live in than Lebanon and i think u will like it too much, Algeria is different country from either UAE or Egypt which you visited, the life style here is bit chaotic but adorable.  if any other thoughts or specific requirement please don't hesitate to ask you are welcome

I too live in Algeria and have done for over 9 yrs...I have a Lebanese friend who is married to an Algerian
living here...the place isn't dangerous,it's exactly what you make it...I would never think of leaving now!!!

u r welcom here ppl are friendly here be sure

Im jordanian  and  i live  in  algeria ... if you want  study here i say yes ,  but if u want  live  i think lebanon  is  better

hello,

how are you
this is Khalid

I don't get why people are afraid of moving to Algeria, it's really a nice country and not dangerous like you would imagine it.... You will have lot to discovere also.... Don't let you husband alone also they could take him from you hahaha I joke here

Hello
My name is hadi and i want to move to algeria to work any advice

Hello Hroumi93,

This discussion is from 2013, please create a new discussion on the algeria forum and give more details about yourself.

Cheers,
Jaisan ;)

Hello, I Joseph, an Investment Consultant. I plan to visit Algeria for a short business trip as some of my clients want to invest and do business in Algeria. I have never been to Algeria and I will be coming there just for this purpose and I wish I could meet great people here to know more and get first hand experience about doing business in Algerian before I set foot on the Algerian soil. I hope I am in the right place. Have a great day everyone.