Good Salary in 2012 in Abu Dhabi?

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and offer all of you my greetings and regards.

I'm a reasonably successful Surgeon (Laparoscopic and General) working in the south of India. Fairly comfortable, working from home and with hardly any expenses to talk about and a very loyal patient profile.
I've about 15 years experience in my job and have a Western Qualification (FRCS).

I just got a job offer out of the blue from an organisation in Abu Dhabi.

They offer per month 22000 AED Basic Salary + 13000 "Supplementary Allowance" (Don't know what that is!!)
Also 7000 AED extra p.m. for accommodation and 3000 for Transport.
Total works out to 45000 AED.

My wife is a MDS Dentist who might also join me later. A son completes my family.

Three questions:
1. Is that salary par for the course?
2. Will a decent central a/c, fully furnished 3 bed flat in, say, the Hamdan area fall within 84000 AED annually?
3. Without any extravagant purchases or expenditure, how much of the 45000 AED could one expect to save per month after accommodation, electricity, schooling, transport and daily expenses like food, telephone, internet, cable etc?

Thanks in advance and great to be here!! :)

45 000 AED And you are not sure if you will accept ???? , believe me if you will not accept you ll never get the same proposition , because with 15 years experiences you will not get 45 000 aed , max 30 000 .

Hello adrid,
Thanks for your message.
Are you sure that the total salary for 15 years surgeon is less than AED 30000?
Could you answer the three questions please! :)

Hi There,

Even though I'm fairly new to Abu Dhabi, I have to disagree.  For someone with your qualifications I don't think that 22000DHS as a basic is good enough.

The housing allowance also does not sound very attractive. For sure it is decent for a single individual but not for family of three.

If you want a some really good feedback, I would recommend that you check out a forum called abudhabwoman.com
They really know the ins and outs of life in the UAE. Just by doing a basic search you will find a wealth of information because many expats have asked the same questions.

Best of luck!!

Hi... accomodation in Hamdan will cost u not less than AED 10 K per month for a good 3 bed room falt in a good relatively new buidling...

But this is depend in ur style of lvining ..

In general 45 k per months is good

Hi everybody
I just joined this forum to get more information about Abu dhabi average salaries;
My husband has a Phd and 4 years of experience and have just been proposed a contract as Assistant professor and as a monthly salary in Abu dhabi
1 basic salary 11000 dhs
2accomodation 8000
3 Transportation 1000
Experience allowance 8000
the contract mentions a yearly travel allowance (2000dhs) and health insurance;
as per me, as I'm still preparing my Phd they proposed me 11000 Dhs and will go to 18,000 upon getting my Phd;
We did not yet answer and my husband said it's maybe not enough for both of us with a 2 years baby;
we are Tunisians and having a comfortable life style although we can not afford big savings per year over here;
Please I need some hints and thank you in advance!!

Thanks for your replies friends.
Much appreciated.

Hi, I'm an Operations Technician living in Trinidad and was offered a job in Abu Dhabi by a company called Al Hosn Gas Company which is 60% owned by ADNOC and Occidental. The offer is 14000 AED per month, i'll have medical coverage for myself and my wife, they're providing a place in the city worth AED 110000 per annum and I'd be commissioning a plant while working four days on and four days off. Is this salary/package sufficient to live and save in Abu Dhabi? All assistance is greatly appreciated