Is 8,000 AED a good salary for a single person.

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate if some one could provide me a little guidance here with regard to expenses in Abu Dhabi.

I have been offered a salary of AED 8,000. Company does not provide other benefits like accommodation etc. I need to know whether this salary is going to be sufficient for me and can I save something out of it at the end of the month?

I am a single, what would be the cost of a single furnished room there. Not a luxury apartment and  just a reasonable one. Will I have to pay in advance for the whole year?

I can only make breakfast for myself, what would be the cost of food and all (Indian / Pakistani Cuisine)

What is the local transport options, how much they cost.

How does bear and cinema cost if I want some entertainment on weekends.

What would be the cost of utilities like electricity, water, gas and internet.

Any other expense should I count in?

Looking forward to have some advise on this please.

Kind regards.

Umair

Hi and welcome to AD

don't worry i have a friend with 9 family members he and his brother the only working persons his salary is 4500 and they are in good condition.

Am local from ad and will try to help u in ur questions

What is the local transport options, how much they cost?
By bus around ad 2 to 4 dirhams but taxies are a little expensive

How does bear and cinema cost if I want some entertainment on weekends?
Cinema usually cost 30 dirhams per movie and if u want to have popcorn u have to pay about 15 dirhams (something like that) including drink

What would be the cost of utilities like electricity, water, gas and internet?
in my house as local about 300 to 400 dirhams per month AC always on in my house
water: i dont really know
gas: to by a gas cylinder if u dont have one it will cost u 140 and to refill it 20 dirmas
internet: 250 per month if its shamel and if its e-life i dont know becuase i dont have it
Any other expense should I count in?
Am not an expat so i dont have an idea, but i think the guys will help u
take care

:up:

for single person its a good package. if u want to accomodate a room it will cost you around 3000 aed plus/month if u can manage with sharing accomodation that will be much better. other expenses are very minimal ,if u spent 50-60 aed u can enjoy ur weekend also so its all depends on the kind of lifestyle u choose,,,

U can look for accommodation in MBZ,there most of the rent have included utilityes and u can use as a cooker an electric cooking machine,that mean u won't pay at all for electricity!It's good enough 8000 aed for a single person,I have half and it is ok
.Regards!

Hi everyone,
Guys need your help .
I have a job offer to come to Abu Dhabi  they have offered 10,000 AED per month and 5,000 for house allowance , and 1,500 for transportation .
I wanted to know what kind of life I can have there ??? Is the salary ok for living there , and rental and ....,
I have no clue , I will appreciate it if you guys can help me out .

Thank you so much

Sacha

Well,a rented car u can find with 1500/month(Toyota Yaris,Nissan Tiida),30.000/year aed for a studio+furniture,good enough!

Sacha.s wrote:

Hi everyone,
Guys need your help .
I have a job offer to come to Abu Dhabi  they have offered 10,000 AED per month and 5,000 for house allowance , and 1,500 for transportation .
I wanted to know what kind of life I can have there ??? Is the salary ok for living there , and rental and ....,
I have no clue , I will appreciate it if you guys can help me out .

Thank you so much

Sacha

thats a good offer, get a cheap accomodation and pocket the extra money for savings, cost of living here is low if you want to, it really depends how you choose to live, 1500 for transpo you can get a rented car for that, but the parking here is bad, sometimes its better to commute, like ride a taxi which is cheap as well , if you are just within the city, but if u plan to drive to dubai or far away places its better to have a car ..just my two cents

Well Soledad thank you so much for your help. Is the monthly salary enough ?? And about the studio where can I find that kind of place ?

Hey jayveepb

Man I wanted to know in what way do u mean its low , how can I make it low for my self ? And how much do you think it's possible to save in abudhabi?

dubizzle.com,Classifieds,a lot of offers for studios,try to bargain,don't give them the first price what they ask.In the same time,a good way to save money it is to share rent with another person,u can find offer in the same website what I gave u,the online newspaper.Good luck.

hi Guys,

I have been offered the salary of 10000 AED. Apart from salary I have not got any other allowances. As I am doing IT Consultant job. Is this salary matches my profile as per Abu Dhabi's lifestyle.
Also will I b able to save some amount.. ??

Need help guys .. Its urgent Please..

Yes,good enough!You can save half money or more,depends by expenses.

Hi All!

I was wondering if you could help me!

I am offered a job as per the below:

7000 AED Basic Salary.
2000 AED Home Allowance.
500  AED Transport.

Friends of mine that are living abroad are saying that this is a bad offer and shouldnt take it as it wont cover my expenses!

Yet my employer said that this is a good starting salary, kindly advise and if any one can help me with the cost of the living, and if any is willing to share a flat with a Lebanese male.

Thank you! :)

Depends where u want to share with your friend,if u share one bedroom appartment or a room together.The cheappest is in Mohamad Bin Zayed,where u can find such around 34.000+2000 security fees+2000-3000 the broker tax.But in this case u need a car because is 40 min by driving to the city.In Khalifa A prices are more higher,I can tell u dailly prices because I was looking 2 days ago for another accommodation there and I was suprised,desssapointed about the offers,I was looking for a big surface of one bedroom appartment,the living was big enough(only the last what I've seen)but bedroom very small,only to be furnished with  a bed and if I want to go to the bathroom,I should cross another room,where supose to be other person.They asked me 37.000 aed for apparment +200+3500...So,do not deserve.Khalifa B it is in the middle of nowhere.And Abu Dhabi...U cannot find a room under 2000/person and what they have availlable it will be a dirty old building,full of cockroaches and a lot of bad smell.Another option can be a studio,in or out of the city,between 28-35 aed.An by the way,add the cost of the furniture and electronic stuff as cooking machine,washing machine,etc.The desirable home shell be close to work,but cannot be so easy all the time.They offer u 5000 for transportation,but if u have a car that will be only for petrol,monthly.If u are in the city u can use the bus,but as I told u ,accommodation is too hight.So,u have to negociate again the contract,in case u want to have a decent life and make some savings,as well.Iam preparing to leave the country and if anybody is interested to buy furniture in good condition,I am ready to sale for best price.I have fridge,oven,cooking machine and washing,last almost new.Pictures at request.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

So if in total i am offered 9500 AED plus the promise of 3000 AED bonus in a period of three month, you believe i should reject it?

Thanks
Nehme..

U know,I am talking about my experience,I was used with a hight level of life and money not stay too long in my wallet,but I am a woman in the end and women like shopping more than anything else,lol!I don't know what kind of level life are use to,but u can obtain as much u can and give u a try!After that u will decide if deserved or not!

Hi Folks!

I am considering relocation to Abudhabi, I have been offered an in all package of 17,000 AED per month

Can any of you guide me by helping me out with the maths if it is worth an offer?

I will be coming with a wife (not working) a 4 yr old school going and a non school going infant.

Your early replies will be appreciated

Regards,

Hello,

We are from Northern California.  My wife is a doctor and has an offer from A hospital in Abu dhabi, we have 2 boys age 7 and 12.  I will need to leave my job in the us, we are debating the move becuase we hear that it is expensive to live in UAE.  She is offered a total of 55,000 deh which includes housing and schooling.  Is there any one who is familiar with doctors compensation and let me know, if its possible to have a decent living after accomodation and schooling for the children.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi i need suggestions! I got a salary offer of 2500 to 3000 AED with accomdation and other things except food.Would this be sufficient to survive and send some savings back to my homeland INDIA ?