Salaries for Associate Professor of Finance in Abu Dhabi

Hi

I am working as a tenured associate professor of finance at a state university in Michigan. We are family of 4, two young boys.  My current salary is $135,000. I have been approached by a university in Abu Dhabi for an associate professor position. They are offering AED 25,000 salary, AED 150,000 for house rent, AED15,000 per month for tuition up to 3 kids, medical insurance paid, air ticket to return to USA and other minor benefits.

I am not sure whether AED 25,000 is a fair salary for an associate professor of finance. I am very interest in moving to UAE. Any help is appreciated...

Hello TecHIProf :)

Welcome to Expat.com!

I suggest you browse through threads talking about salary packages and living expenses in Abu Dhabi : Cost of living in Abu Dhabi

Hope someone could tip in concerning salaries of associate professors soon :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

I think the salary should be atleast 30,000AED a month.
150,000AED for rent is also a just a bit too low, we pay 145,000 a year for rent in Al Ain. My friends have a place in Abu Dhabi and they pay 200,000 a year.
Tuition for our children in the USE is expensive, a very good to outstanding school will cost from 40,000AED to 60,000AED.

Sincerely