Where to seek as social worker.

Hey Expaters.
I have just applied for 6 months study visit on Mauritius (When i say study, it is a combination of that i have to study whilst i read books and study). I have the opportunity to select where i want to go and study. My field is a combination between social worker and nurseries i study. 'i only think the excact education exsists in Denmark. I can work with kids, people with disabilities (of all kind), youth jails and other things surrounding that field.
My question is if any knows some places i can seek to come? Good workspaces in Mauritius in my field. I have found a SOS Childrens village as the only think yet ... Can you help me ?

NATRESA, Mauritus Red Cross & there are many others.......

Good morning Jonas_B!

You may as well check out the Jobs in Mauritius section and post an  advert.

Good luck:)

Francesca

hi Jonas_B! Welcome to Expat.com :)

Check out this thread, another forum member had pretty much the same question as you did and there are a couple of links there that might help you out: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151555

best of luck to you!

Thanks a lot people... So nice to get some help....

let us know how things work out for you :) take care

I dont think i can choice where im gonna work but ive but in some of your contributes, so hopefully ill have some kind of influence on where im gonna be working ...

fingers crossed that things work out your way then! :)

Dear Jonas,

You might find what you are looking for on this website: www.actogether.mu

The aim of the website www.ACTogether.mu is to encourage networking among NGOs which fight against exclusion, discrimination and poverty in Mauritius.

The website is now used daily by NGOs, social workers, CSR managers, journalists and people interested in the non-profit sector in Mauritius.

All services provided are free of charge and include:
- A dedicated corner for the small adverts from NGOs and individuals
- Articles that are sent by email twice a month through a newsletter
- Detailed information about Mauritian NGOs: contacts details, activities…

Thanks to ACTogether, NGOs have a better visibility for their advocacy campaigns as well as for their fundraising and recruitment. It also helps them to find new volunteers and new donors.

Thanks, Emilie... Can you explain to me what NGO is ?

Non Governmental Organisations = not for profit entities working for a common goal

Oh. Thank you soo much :)