No formula1 and live rugby world cup finals in mauritius ?

This week-end I could not watch the f1 race on my satellite TV channels. Had to resort watching it on my PC with a slow internet connection.

I've been experiencing issues with my satellite tv provider who are not giving access to live formula 1 broadcasts and it seems all live rugby world cup final matches (starting form the 1/4 finals) are going to be blacked-out in mauritius. I've also heard that most live sporting events, including the next euro 2012 and Olympic games, except from one operator, will be banned in mauritius.

My satellite tv provider does not want to confirm or deny this, which makes me very frustrated as i don't know if i need to change provider or not, given i can't cancel my subscription until next july.

Any news or views regarding this issue.

Nantube - who is your satellite provider?  We get all the Rugby and F1 on DSTV no problem at all. We pay monthly not yearly and can cancel and restart the subscription at any time.

My husband is furious and had a heated discussion with the satelite company yesterday evening when we could not get the rugby. They are misleading people and it is very unfair. They simply dont want to know and keep quoting the terms of the contact.

Dstv is pretty good. Supersport has excellent sports coverage!

nantube wrote:

I think we should warn people that there are issues with the two local satellite TV operators who have been operating illegally in regards to broadcasting rights for sporting events.

The provider may have mis-sold you the package, but it is not acting illegally with respect to broadcasting rights.  If the broadcaster does not have the rights for the region, then it can not broadcast the event.

can anyone say how much the dstv subscription in MRU is per month if you want to have access to the likes of the Rugby World Cup etc