Where to dance Salsa in Mauritius?

Hello,
Does anyone know where you can dance salsa?
I am visiting Mauritius between mid-October and mid-Movember.
Thanks,
Chad

Hi

I am actually having courses of Salsa in Ebene.

Should you be interested, i will be pleased to bring you to this course.

Please let me know.

Regards

Brinda

Hello Brinda,
Thanks for you reply and your kind offer.

I do not quite understand the phrase "to bring you to this course"

Are you taking part in salsa classes or are you an instructor?

I am trying to find venues where you can dance salsa, merengue and bachata.

Cheers,
Chad

Hi Chad

I follow Salsa classes.  It is held at Amnezia, Ebene from 19h00 to 21h00. 

Should you be interested,please let me know.

Regards

Brinda

Hallo Brinda,

Yes I am interested.

On which day does the classes take place?

What level are you at? Professional, love to dance or beginner?

I am neither a professional nor a beginner ;)

I shall definitely get in touch with you when I am in Mauritius; which will be on the 23rd Oct. When I arrive, I shall be staying at my brother in Port-Louis for a week and then move to Flic en Flac for the following week; then ... no definite plans.

Bye,
Chad

Hi,

There is a place near Trianon shopping center where people met to dance salsa,and is free.
I you want you can have dinner, maybe some drinks, and of course to dance salsa, merengue, etc.
Send me a message to give you more details-

cheers

Big Willy's Bar in Tamarin, do free Salsa classes on Tuesday evenings, suppose they do it because the Bar is quiet on this evening.
Lots of my friends go, they are professional teachers there and they all have fun and dance for a few hours, looks like all abilities from beginners to advanced :)

Hello
Thanks for your reply.
Please send me some detials on that place in near Trianon.
Thanks.

Chad

Hi there!

Sure! Every Tuesday evening (19h30 to 22h30) at the Big Willy's bar in Tamarin.

Type "Salsa Mauritius" in Facebook, and contact Salsa Joe.

Here's one link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Salsa-So … 84?fref=ts
(there are several related pages)

See you there!

Cheers,
Emmanuel

Hello Emmanuel,

Thanks for your message.

I will need to organise some transport as I shall be staying in Port-Louis most of the time.

Bye,
Chad

Hi Chad
A dancer friend of mine from Cuba is opening  a dance studio teaching salsa in Trou aux Biches. Let me know of ypu are interested and I can put ypu in touch with her. I am in the UK at the moment but returning on the 23rd. October.
Regards , Lynn

Hello Lynn,
Thanks for your reply.
I am very much interested...Trou aux Biches is a lot easier to get to than Big Willy in Tamarin (another address I received from someone who replied to my request).
Are you a salsa dancer as well?
Cheers,
Chad

Hi Chad
Ha ha ha !! well I've tried a few times in my friend's classes which has been hilarious, I'm more like Saturday Night Fever than Salsa ! ! My friend is called Martha and is very very good. If ypu give me ypur details I will get her to contact you.  I'm back there next Thursday.
Regards, Lynn

I can also recommend Martha. She is a fantastic dancer and a great teacher.

Hello Lynn,
At least you have tried and I hope you have not given up yet :-)

Here is my email address:
[email protected]

I shall buy a sim card as soon as I am in Mauritius, i.e. on Wednesday 23rd Nov.

Cheers,
Chad

Hello Maurilady,
Thanks for your message.
Someone on this forum has mentioned Martha, she must be very good,
Cheers,
Chad

Hello Brinda,
I am now in Mauritius staying at my brother's place in Port-Louis.
My mobile tel nr. [moderated: for your security, pls use your pm]
Looking forward to hear from you.
Cheers,
Chad.

Hello,
Could someone please give me the contact number for the Salsa pub near Trianon Shopping Mall?
Thanks.
Nelle

I work in Ebene and would be interested in learning to salsa properly.

Hi,

I can recommend you to a good dance tutor. Email me on ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi, I would love to find a salsa social here in Mauritius. Haven't danced in a while and found it quite difficult to find so far.

Hi Lynn & Chad
Sorry to but into the conversation. I have been looking for Salsa dance lessons. Please send me the information for the Trau Beach lessons. My email, ***
Thank You.
Kind Regards
Puvie

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

there are dance classes such as:

dance in the city and nalini dance group

Hi Jeena. My wife is interested in learning salsa in Ebene. Could you please get me the contact?

Hi Lynn,

I would also be very interested in the Salsa classes being held in Trou aux Biches.
Where exactly is the studio or can you please give me the number so that I may call.

Many thanks,
Sue

hi , i think you can have their contact on facebook

hi,i just came to mauritius and im looking to go dance salsa with someone local somwhere nice,could you please help me?! 😊

On Facebook type/search, "salsa Maurice" and go from there.

@Cyrun Hi did you find a place in black river which offer salsa lessons or dancing venues? I am currently in Mauritius and looking for Tango! :)

@Vanessa.ap

hello, it's been a while since that member last participated on the forum. He might not see your message.

I would suggest that you dm him by clicking on his photo.

You may also create an ad in the classifieds under the classes section so that members can contact you : https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/af … s/add.html

Regards

Bhavna