Purchased apartment in Egypt

Hello all
   We just pruchased an apartment here in Cairo and now need to consider the legal aspect. My wife was borm here but has US citizenship.

(1) Do we have to register the property?
(2) Do we physically have to be here
(3) understand can anticipate paying 3% of total value
(4) Can anyone recommend a lawyer with good reputation?

Many thanks and i sincerily appreciate everyones help...have great days all!
i recommend to communicate with lawyer , he will finish all legal doecuments for your appartment ,
i can recommend tow lawyers
1st one is raffat khidr  ( *** )  or  ( ****)
2nd called Naser ( **** )

but iam not sure about thier english language .

- but brfore you select to purchase an apartment fot landlord or a realstate company
the reputation of land lord must be clear and very good .

- when oi purchase an apartmentn for my self i slect a ready one and immediat delivery for the appartment
Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : Kindly share the contact numbers in private with DPGardnerj since this is a public platform
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
@DPGardnerj
Consider hiring a translator so that you can translate all documents to English and understand them. Always make sure your names are on the documents filed with the proper offices. A good honest translator is worth their weight in gold here in Egypt
@DPGardnerj (1) Do we have to register the property?
Yes to be able to get residency on your apartment and not to be taken from you and to protect your property incase buyer can resell it , primary contract ,landlords can issue for many and the one who will own jt legally is the one who registered his peoperty and assured that seller signature is right in court ( incase you will need to sell afterwards.

(2) Do we physically have to be here :
No ,you can make a lawyer authorization for by and sell in your behalf , to register the property the property owner must attend at registration,  usually both buyer and seller shoukd be present .
Now the new laws this week , is to register your apartment to be able tonre sell it , you will need a court case for that , the buyer approves his signature on the apartment contract ,then to move to civil Registry and pay 3%
(3) understand can anticipate paying 3% of total value
Yes, adding to registration expenses
(4) Can anyone recommend a lawyer with good reputation?
Kind regards
Fady Fawzy Fadlallah
[link moderated]
Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security purposes, kindly refrain from sharing personal contact details on public platforms
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Many thanks for the great info!

@DPGardnerj Did you buy the apartment through an Egyptian real estate agent? I am trying to contact them through sites like ReMax Avalon, which is an international company and they advertise thousands of properties in Egypt, but no one is answering my inquiries. Is there an Egyptian real estate agency which caters to foreigners wanting to move to Egypt? At this point I don't know how to start the buying process. Thanks.

Never buy an apartment from thief scammers  -  Red Sea Way     - you will inherit a  multitude of problems. Floods indsutrial waste dumped in from of the resort/compound  and your complaints will be ignored. Avoid!

Gangsters Thieves!

@Norce yes i read your post , i was  also in same boat as you are today , but fortunately i dodged the opportunist , it is common every where foreigners customer may be looted by locals , but i have my local fiancee who handles all buying process very efficiently she is working and associated to help and guidance to foreign buyers with all precaution and completed all formalities very well

@DPGardnerj

I may recommend a lawyer , a friend of mine