LGBT (whatever other letters) in Indonesia

https://coconuts.co/jakarta/news/indone … h-embassy/

Some idiot at the British embassy in Jakarta stuck up a rainblow flag - Phew, what a loony.

It doesn't matter what your personal thoughts on sexual preferences are, advertising such things in Indonesia is likely to get expats into trouble. This one has caused a bit of a diplomatic mess, but expats engaged in pro-gay activities in this country might well see them on a plane home, regardless of what they want.

I can't remember which corner of the internet it was on, but I noticed a gay man asking about KITAS sponsership from his partner. As gay relationsships of any sort are not recognised here, that wouldn't be possible.

Saying that, there are a load of ladyboys in Jakarta and the surrounding areas. Most people leave them alone unless they go too far. Most of the time they walk around with amplifiers playing music and commonly singing, but all are begging. Some give loose change to them, but more tell them to get lost. I knew a few very openly camp guys in Jakarta - again, nobody ever bothered them.

As for expats (and tourists), chances are you'll be fine unless you start chatting up men or start advertising gay parties.
Nice job on this touchy subject Fred!  Too bad the folks at your embassy didn't think it through a little better.  1f600.svg

your embassy .  1f600.svg

- @Ubudian

MY embassy - Not any more 1f923.svg

However, I do think whomever came up with that idea was a gormless prat.
OH yeah, I forgot! 

Just out of curiosity, how much does the UK charge its citizens to give up their citizenship?  The US charges USD $2,350.00.  Having three dual citizen kids, like me, you can take pity on me for my kid's rightful decision.   

Cheers!
They cut my passport up for free but, if an old man's memory serves, I don't believe  I paid. Just sent a letter.

However, don't take that as Allah's honest truth because I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

Long day and still at least an hour before home.