Can foreigners purchase property in Cuba?

hello Suncastatsea,

I am new here. My husband and I are Canadians and we are looking to move to Cuba. We both can work remotely. As I was reading Cuban real estate laws and regulations, foreigners can purchase property in Cuba from other foreigners, is that correct?

Lana

@4lanochkalana

Hi,  Property ownership in Cuba for foreigners is only available with permanent residency status through marriage to a Cuban citizen. I would assume two foreigners with permanent residency could sell to each other.
Hello everyone,

@4lanochkalana, please note that I have created a new thread with your post on the Cuba forum. 1f603.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team.
@4lanochkalana...

Hi, there is one possibility even if you dont have the pemanent residency; some foreigners bought condominiums in Havana, and Cuba gave them a temporary residency . From someone like that you can buy without the permanent residency. Buying one, you will get the temporary residency for one (year i think) and they will renew it every year.

@caliniancu

Thank you for much for the information.  Where can we find foreigner owners of Cuban properties?

@4lanochkalana

Read the Foreign Investment Act and you can see what is required to purchase property in Cuba. There's a lot of foreigners that own both condos and homes there. Originally it did start with just condo's being available to foreigners that worked in Cuba but it has since expanded.

Also don't pay asking price. They markup homes by as much as 400% when they think a foreigner wants to buy it. All of this can be done through putting the time into research.

I have a house that I want to sell in Cojimar, but unfortunately my wife is the owner and we live in Finland Egon

hello Suncastatsea,

I am new here. My husband and I are Canadians and we are looking to move to Cuba. We both can work remotely. As I was reading Cuban real estate laws and regulations, foreigners can purchase property in Cuba from other foreigners, is that correct?

Lana
-@4lanochkalana

Greetings from Santiago de Cuba my name is Dannier if you can buy properties here as long as you have legal documents anyway if you want some advice here I am or if you are thinking of investing here in Cuba I can also help you with several businesses that leave good profit in a short time

@egon49 " I have a house ... but unfortunately my wife is the owner ... " so, unless the house is on both names which suppose you to be permanent resident in Cuba or Cuban citizen), your wife has a house and you have ...a wife who is the legal and only owner of a house

Hi,

I have listed my clients 1 Bedroom condo for sale in Cuba. It's not too far from Club Havana.

He too is a Candian citizen and was given this exceptional opportunity to buy this unit from another foreigner.

You also get the benefit of Cuban Residency when you buy this unit.

@Ray Khadem

Hello Ray,

I'm interested in the property you have for sale, is it possible to get some more information?

Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact the poster in private by sending him a message. Click on his photo > send a message
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

very interesting.

@healthyfolksmcseo please see my listing here for more information:

[link moderated]

I'm happy to help if you have more questions.

@eugmto there are plenty of great properties available. It's important to not overpay and make sure you make it a legal purchase. In order to do this you will need to invest in the Cuban economy.

If you need further information you can email me at ***

Nick Falcone

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : Contact details should be shared in inbox
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Ray Khadem Hello, Is you apartment still for sale?  I would be interested in getting more informaiton.

Thank you. Annie