Germany Blue Card and FRV

HI i applied for my Blue card and FRV both at the same time from singapore embassy, they mentioned 2 weeks time and in case of any questions than i would be contacted. now i read many messages that FRV might take 6 weeks. what would be the ideal time in this case for my blue Card & FRV since we are applying this together.
The Blue Card and FRV are processed by different offices, therefore will not necessarily take the same time.
FRVs are processed by the foreigners office (Ausländerbehörde) of the town you intend to move to. Some of them are slow, inefficient and hard to deal with - especially now, that they have to process thousands of Ukrainian refugees.
Ours took three months, many years ago (also through the Singapore embassy).
@Prasad Penchala
Are you currently in Singapore? I have few Questions would be happy to connect to you.
@Plato Bose
Yes i am in Singpaore and happy to connect with you
Dear all
I got my visa and my family7 FRV approved, i received mail from embassy today.
i have applied for visa on 12-April
Approved mail received on 20 April
i have to take appointment for collection of passports which is available only on 26th.

Thanks to the group for clarifying my number of queries
I thought blue card is only issued once in Germany? You don't even apply for it, you qualify for it if you meet requirements. I didn't apply for it, it was issued automatically. I didn't even know there was anything called a blue card
I thought blue card is only issued once in Germany? You don't even apply for it, you qualify for it if you meet requirements. I didn't apply for it, it was issued automatically. I didn't even know there was anything called a blue card
- @Teima
Huh?!?
There must be some information disconnect here.
My husband travelled to Germany for work on 1st May. His office said that they will apply for blue card only 4 months later. His residence permit will expire in Oct.

Can I apply for FRV before he actually gets the Blue card?

Also, if and when I do travel to Germany on FRV, how long does it take to complete registration for dependent?
My husband travelled to Germany for work on 1st May. His office said that they will apply for blue card only 4 months later. His residence permit will expire in Oct.

Can I apply for FRV before he actually gets the Blue card?

Also, if and when I do travel to Germany on FRV, how long does it take to complete registration for dependent?
- @rb860322

One doesn't necessarily need a blue card to join their spouse with a FRV although it helps in some situations; like the spouse not needing to prove an A1 level of German.

But I don't know what reason there would be to wait to apply for a blue card. And how can the residency be running out in October unless it was based on a contract limited to that time? The question is then if it is worth it to join a partner if they are only staying some months and then returning to their home country. I have no personal experience with it but know that some companies have a probation period to see if a new employee actually works out.  But I think this would be a condition of a longer contract. Maybe Beppi knows more about such things?
He has a long term employment contract and applied for the the blue card visa from Singapore. However you can only get the blue card once you reach Germany. He has been been given a 6- month visa until then. I don't know what that visa is called.. it's confusing1f625.svg
Yes, German immigration matters ARE confusing!

But once he has an employment visa, you can apply for a FRV. Ask the German embassy what documents you need to submit and how long it will take!

Tom's comment is valid: The first six months are usually probation, during which he can be laid off very easily and for any reason they want. If you prefer to be on the safe side, wait with your move until after that!
@beppi

Im not sure U understand your comment.

For my case, I applied for a residence/work permit and Auslaendebehoerde informed me that I qualify for EU Blue card (at that point, I didn't even know what that is, I only wanted any kind of permit) that's why I indicated that I didn't apply specifically for Blue card. I applied for a permit (any eligible could do)
@rb860322

I don't know why he has to wait 4months maybe congestion at auslaendebehoerde...

You can join your husband without Blue card but you will be required to do A1 before visa appointment at embassy ( this should not be an issue, you will anyway find it a valuable asset here)

As mentioned by others might be worth waiting for probation time to end before joining him.
@beppi

Im not sure U understand your comment.

For my case, I applied for a residence/work permit and Auslaendebehoerde informed me that I qualify for EU Blue card (at that point, I didn't even know what that is, I only wanted any kind of permit) that's why I indicated that I didn't apply specifically for Blue card. I applied for a permit (any eligible could do)
- @Teima

I do understand my comment, why?

But I am sure no Blue Card is issued without applying for it.
@beppi

Maybe I was an exception...I applied for a working resident permit not necessarily Blue card, at the appointment with auslaendebehoerde they informed me that they would give me a bluecard. I had not filled anything to apply for blue card. I was already in Germany for 1yr with a different work visa. I didn't even know there was anything called blue card had the auslaendebehoerde not mentioned it in my appointment.
Good to learn that one has to apply for bluecard specifically and not a general working resident permit.
@beppi

Sorry for the typo, I  meant to write: I am not sure I understand your comment. Apologies for misunderstanding caused by my typo, its my fault.

@Prasad Penchala hello there, just wanted to ask if your spouse was asked to present proof of German language ability? Thank you!

@beppi
Maybe I was an exception...I applied for a working resident permit not necessarily Blue card, at the appointment with auslaendebehoerde they informed me that they would give me a bluecard. I had not filled anything to apply for blue card. I was already in Germany for 1yr with a different work visa. I didn't even know there was anything called blue card had the auslaendebehoerde not mentioned it in my appointment.Good to learn that one has to apply for bluecard specifically and not a general working resident permit.
-@Teima

I think it is possible one applies for a work permit and seeing the data that officilas inform one that they would be eligible for a blue card. This is NOT the same as them "just issuing" one; one still has tpo apply for it. Or one could still just apply for the standard work permit. But if one is eligible, I'm not sure why one wouldn't get the blue card - although one should not be obsessed about it. Seems many Indians in particular act like one needs to get a blue card or nothing. The actual benefits are basically just having a quicker pathway to permanent residency. But that is not every immigrant's goal and it is not a race, doesn't usually matter much if it takes a little longer.

@Prasad Penchala hi, need your quick help. Can we connect on your preferred channel of communication.