New members of the Mauritius forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Greetings everyone,

I'm a qualified accountant currently staying in Zimbabwe and seeking to secure a job in Mauritius and relocate there with my family.

Is it possible to find and secure a job online without having to first go to Mauritius?

If it is necessary to first enter Mauritius before securing a job, what are the costs involved in staying there whilst looking for a job, and what is a reasonable timeframe to expect before securing a job?

Looking forward to learning the best way to make the move.

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.
@tinashealpha Gald to learn of a recruiter from Zimbabwe. I'm sure you can give me the most relevant assistance and tips.

I've, just started looking for a job in Mauritius.

I'm a qualified accountant currently staying in Bulawayo and seeking to secure a job in Mauritius and relocate there with my family.
Is it possible to find and secure a job online without having to first go to Mauritius?

If it is necessary to first enter Mauritius before securing a job, what are the costs involved in staying there whilst looking for a job, and what is a reasonable timeframe to expect before securing a job?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

@willelmine I'll need your help if possible. I'm currently in Zimbabwe, hoping to move to Mauritius. I am an ACCA qualified accountant in search of a job in Mauritius.

Hi all,

Newbie on the Mauritius forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you wink.png

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,

or to tell us more on your expat projects in Mauritius if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

- @Julien

@Julien Am Richmond from Ghana , working as project supervisor for a consultancy firm
Am currently planning to move in to Mauritius and start a living in that Country.
In other to secure a resident permit and to also get working Visa to start a new life in Mauritius, how do I go about it
Tha
@dirk_nomad

Hi Dirk. Myself kav. I would like to connect with you. I am interested in learning the German language and the culture of Germany. I would also like to help you explore the island.

Hello @kavmooroteea,

Welcome to expat.com!1f600.svg

Could you tell us a bit more about yourself? Where you come from? What do you do in life? Your likes and dislikes?

It will be great to know more about you so that our members may connect and engage with you more 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team
@Guest6789

Hello!
I am new to the forum from USA. Mauritius is on my radar for a good place to retire. I am in SA now exploring and I love being on the continent of Africa.

Respect!
Hello to all.

Thanks for that forum. I will browse and talk as much as I can.

Why am I here? I live with my family in Europe and cannot change that very fast, but I look forward to spend my future somewhere else where I can spend my money and where I can live and meet up with other people. And Mauritius is my most favourite place to do that. I hope we can realize that, spend time in Mauritius and hopefully move there in time.

Until then I look forward to talk to people and learn more from Mauritius and the people...

BR
Thomas
Hi Thomas, welcome to the Expat.Com !

Thank you so much for the introduction.

Should you need any info, feel free to create a new thread on the Mauritius forum, we will be glad to share our insights with you.

Regards,
Bhavna
Hello daltonbourne07,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

Can you tell us more about you and your plans?

What are you planning on doing here in Mauritius?

Have you been there before? Why Mauritius?

And also, how can we help you?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Julien
Hello
This is my first time on the forum, Thank you we are in the process of accepting a Job offer to relocate to Mauritius. So yes would need everything from where to stay - School for 15 year boy, to banking accounts.

Kind Regards
David
Hello everyone,

Warm welcome to Expat.com !

@ David, feel free to read the different threads of the Mauritius forum and should you need any personalised feedback, you can still open a new topic on the forum. We will be glad to help you out.

Here are the categories that will definitely be useful to you :

All the best,
Bhavna
HI everyone

My name is Willy from Cape Town SA and I relocating to the island in Oct/Nov 2022 to take up a job in the marine sector. My family will come over permanently in 2023 once my son has finished school.  I will be renting in the north, Mon Choisy, while i look for more permanent accommodation.
I am looking forward to the new challenges of living and working on the island and looking forward to meeting some of the people on the group to watch rugby, do some hiking etc and obviously have a braai or 2.

Hi all

My name is Leandra and I am currently in the beauty industry. I am a qualified nail tech and makeup artist and can do spray tanning as well.

My husband originally was offered work over there however that offer just recently fell through, I am now trying to get us over with my options I can get offered to me. We're looking at coming over in January of 2023 on a work permit of some kind.

I also have experience in admin however I was told it's quite difficult to get into admin as an expat.

If anyone is able to help me or my husband in construction in any way it would be much appreciated.

@filipstrmmen Hallo, I'm Lynne, British, just moved here with my family (Mauritian husband and son). Are you in Mauritius?

@lynnesookdawar I am currently in UK but will hopefully be moving to Mauritius in Feb 2023 on retirement visa  if everything goes well with paperwork etc. Still sifting though exactly what we need.  Which part of Mauritius are you living? We looking Northish and like Flic Flac butwill stay in a Air BnB for 2-4 weeks to decide which area. We are originally from South Africa and been in UK for 2 years which I love but my partner is struggling a bit with the colder parts of the year and the fact that we far away from beaches and we love our braai (barbeque). Tracy

@lynnesookdawar

|Hello

My name is Val ( I am French) and my partner is Ben ( half Mauritian) we just moved about 4 weeks ago from the UK. We live in Point aux Cannoniers. We have children but they adults now lol. Where about are you ?

Hallo everyone

Hubby and myself just got a house in Grande Bay. I'm from South Africa and he is from Zimbabwe.

We have soon discovered how lonely it can be without friends or family.

Looking forward to meeting new exciting people such as yourselves.

Working remotely and enjoying the Nomadic lifestyle.

@Julien

Hi everyone,

I'm David originally from Australia but have spent most of the last 11 years in Nepal as a missionary. I'm retired and live in Pereybere. I moved here in January this year and love Mauritius. I am either looking for a Pentecostal church where they preach the true salvation message or to start a fellowship that would be associated with the Australian Revival Fellowship churches. All contact welcome.

@Maleeba Lebeko

Hi Maleeba,

You are most welcome to contact me on *** and come around for a coffee

Regards

David

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone,

my name is evelin and I am about to land in Mauritius. Touch down Monday, 12th September.

I will be renting in Flic en Flac, working as a digital nomad. I am now coming from London/UK, which I consider my second home, but I am originally from Germany.

I look forward to meet many new lovely people in Mauritius :)

Especially, I would love to meet people who I could snorkel with (as this is something I would prefer not to do by myself, since the waters are new to me). See you soon!

Hello begleitungmitherz,

Welcome to expat.com and welcome to Mauritius!

Thank you for your introduction1f60e.svg

I really hope you enjoy your time here.

Feel free to create an advert on Mauritius classifieds. There is a dedicated category for sports partner.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi everyone!

I'm Joffrey, french 29yo engineer.

It does a year I'm in Mauritius (Floréal) and I work as a freelancer (digital nomad) in software development.

Open to share a coffee ;)

Food and vegetables, eggs and many other items are delicious as they have great soil here and limited chemicals. I always feel like I have transported back to childhood when my father grew all our veggies and fruit.

Sorry but living now in Mauritius for a year, I doubt about the "great soil and limited chemicals" part.

@JoffreyC

hi

any Couples, here that Want, to go for Walks? And / or Coffee. From South Africa? Digital Nomads

I Will Make a Mixed: Walking, Group Age 29-45

(To be Similar Age: group to me)

Kids: are Invited.

Kate :)

@katechady

Beach also

@JoffreyC

Hi JoffreyC,

We could, have Coffee Later. In a Group. I will Try, to get Others. Floreal is Good. I go to Curepipe: it's Great. I'm in Centre, area. I like the Beach.

Kate :)

@Julien

Hello,

I'm ms Akshaya Ravindran. I'm from Sri Lanka. I was studied wolfendal girls high school. I completed my GCE A/L in 2017. After I started my job. I'm working at kv Printers pvt Ltd in account assistant. And I'm studying preschool teacher training diploma.

My fiancé is in Mauritius. He study & work there. I wanna come there and  we wanna live there. That's why i plane to come and work in Mauritius.   

Thanks you for your opportunity to tal about my self.

Hello Akshayaravindrann81,

Welcome on board !

Please read the articles of the Living in Mauritius Guide. To be able to stay here, you need to have a permit (occupation permit) and for that you need a job offer/contract.

Find out more in the Guide and if you have any question, I would request that to create a new thread on the Mauritius forum.

Regards,

Bhavna

Hi I am chris, we are a family from Germany and regularly go to Mauritius once or twice a year for a couple of weeks or months. Or long term plan is to move over to Mauritius full time in the next years.  Looking forward to any new contacts that I can make here.

also looking for Golf Buddies to play rounds with, so feel free to reach out via PM if you want to play. Next time in Mauritius from Dec to Feb.

One question:  In the forum I dont see any categories. I posted a question for parking and could select cars. But now I cannot see any categories. I only see a long list of posts. And can search. Is this how it is setup?

cheers

chris

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your introduction.

Feel free to create an advert on Mauritius classifieds> Activities> Sport partners.

There are categories on the forum. You simply need to scroll down on the forum. The categories are located at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if you are able to find them 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi everyone! My name is Rishta. I'm currently in Mauritius for a few months, working remotely for a company based in the US. I live in the North, near Mont Choisy. Some of my interests - swimming, scuba diving, stand up paddle, reading, yoga. Currently I am learning how to sail! I would love to meet new people here to explore the island and hang out!

@tinashealpha

Hi, I've decided to move to Mauritius in the next few weeks but I don't know what visa to come on, also I don't have a job yet in Mauritius or a place to stay. If you can please help me out regarding how to go about everything

Hello Emerald786,

Welcome to expat.com!

Before making the decision to move to a new country, it is vital that you have a secure job there.

Right now, you will need to gather a lot of information before making any hasty decision.

For that, you can read the Living in Mauritius guide for expats. You will find information concerning visas and employment in Mauritius.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi everyone,

I'm a frenchie originating from Reunion Island, currently living in South Africa, and considering moving to Mauritius Early next year with My family. I am eager to learn about everybody else's experience and ask 10000 questions :)

Ah and yes, I read the expat Guide :)

Hi, I am Australian and Mauritian. I was born in Mauritius, grew up in Sydney, lived in Brisbane and have now moved back to Mauritius. I would like to connect with other Australians, make friends and learn more about the transition of Australian living to Mauritian living.

Hey there,

I am a retired Canadian now living on our beautiful west coast of Canada (British Columbia), now at an early stage of investigating a move to Mauritius (or Rodrigues). Much as I love where I live (a small island community), I seem to come alive when living in another culture, and so, my explorations have led me to target to make a move to make a good life that much sweeter.

I have lived and worked across Southeast Asia and traveled across Africa to my then destination, Madagascar where I lived for six months... but that was many years ago. A quiet life is closest to my heart, but the buzz of a good market place is always a thrill. I prefer forest paths and beaches to night-time social scenes, and even more so now that I am older (60's).

It's too soon for anyone to offer me a welcome, but I would surely like to hear your story and any insights you might share. On with it!

@greensam lol, if you are looking for quiet, I would not come here. We are party people.

Hello @greensam,

Welcome to expat.com!

If you are looking for a place rich in culture, then Mauritius is it.

In Mauritius, you will find  a lot mountains, rivers, beaches etc.  You will definitely feel close to nature here.

BTW our marketplaces are called bazaars1f60a.svg

@shirley1421971 I'm not too sure if Mauritians are party people. But again you might have had a different experience.1f609.svg

Mauritians tend to work hard during the weekdays and the weekend is when a lot of us let off steam.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Closed