New Mums in the West?

South African homeschooling mum with boys of 7&11 would like to meet mums, that likes to be avtive, have fun and enjoy a braai. Lol

Hi,
hows the homeschooling going. Considered this but was worried my kids woukd miss interaction with other kids. I am a teacher from the uk so could do this.
woukd appreciate your advice.
take care

In South Africa homeschooling was abit different , as we belonged to a homeschool academy and got interaction with kids there on certain days. Here they have karate where they interact and I'm trying to get a few mums that does the same so we can have active days. If you ask my they don't want to go back to school, but as a mum it can get a bit much sometimes if you don't make sure you take a break from the kids every now and then as this is 24/7. I find it easier in ways that we have more time to do things, no more homework to fight about ect. We follow a school curriculum called ACE. Homeschool as in having a kid in school has it's positive and negative, most def easier if you ate a traveling family. If you want we can meet and chat about it.. Have a wonderful day.

hi. i know you posted awhile ago. i am new in mauritius and looking to homeschool my daughter in a couple of years when she is 5 y.o. i am worried that she won't be taught how to read and write in proper English in even the English-medium schools. most of the primary teachers seem to be locals who speak broken English. I am sure they are lovely teachers, though I worry about the language skills for my daughter.

thank you for any information.