New members of the Germany forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Germany forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Germany if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all, let me inaugurate this thread and wish everybody a happy new year in 2022. Maybe international relocation be easier this year.

I live in Berlin ATM but might move soon. Happy to connect.

Hi to all!  :)

Happy new year!

I am a senior electrical engineer with 15+ years of experience of which 8+ years have been actively as an expat. One of my goals in 2022 is to relocate to Germany.  :top:

Hi everyone,

I'm a polish girl from Italy, trying to make it in Düsseldorf. :)
I have been here for a couple of years now and feel very much at home here. I am happy to help with question regarding living here!

Hello, Im Linda and Im going back to Germany, Reinland Pfaltz area, March 30.  I need help or advice about Health insurance providers for Germany , please.
Linda

Welcome to the forum, Linda!
Please have a look at the discussions about health insurance on this forum. A lot of good information is available there.
If you do not find what you are looking for, please feel free to post your questions here - somebody will surely answer!

I am Samuel Agyemang from Ghana with 10 years experience of which 3 years are actively working. I will be much greatful to relocate to Germany since it's is my dream to live and work there. I'm currently living in Ghana and ready to relocate to Germany

agyemangsamuel31 wrote:

I am Samuel Agyemang from Ghana with 10 years experience of which 3 years are actively working. I will be much greatful to relocate to Germany since it's is my dream to live and work there. I'm currently living in Ghana and ready to relocate to Germany

Dreams won't get you here. If you have education and job experience in a demanded field and preferably speak fluent German then you might be able to line up a job online with an employee willing to take the extra effort,risk and cost to recruit one from outside of the EU. It's all about what you have to offer and what is in demand.

@Julien 
 Thank you for the welcoming.  
My name is nik  I am a student in biochemistry level 5 and I would like to immigrate to Germany either through scholarships or through nursing care training.  If possible I would like to know how to access it.  Thank you
Hello everyone,
I am Varsha Thakur and I have an artist name which alongwith my Husbands last name is Rabia von Padberg.
I have two kids and we lived in Hamburg for past 13 years. Currently we are in India and will be going back to germany.
It would be nice to connect with this community here. 
Greetings,
Varsha
How you
How you
- @victor1313705
I removed your two other posts, which had only one word each.
Could you explain in a few sentences what (or who) you mean?
Or how about a short introduction of yourself?
Hello All, 

Thought I'd sign up and say Hello as someone who has plans of moving to Germany in the next 1-1.5 years.

Here's where I'm currently at: British Citizen, currently a Canadian PR (Living in Vancouver) and applying for Canadian Citizenship, which is due to come through some time in the next 10 months. Education-Wise, I have a college diploma in Computer Studies and Information Systems (2018), alongside 12 years work experience in the IT Industry, in various support and deployment roles (some with large international companies), and more recently some consulting and software implementation experience in the government and municipality sector. Language-wise, fluent English, and minimal German gained through 2 years of high school education, and more recently Duolingo. I know the sounds and certain phrases, but can by no means converse in German (yet!)

Here's where I want to go: Likely Berlin, as I know a couple of people there, but will also consider other big cities in Germany. 

What's my plan: To get my CDN citizenship, then move to Germany sometime late 2023. In the meantime, I'm planning on signing up to German school in the next week or so to start my German A1 learning, which will be two one hour lessons per week. By the time next fall comes around, I'm hoping to be at level A2, or maybe even B1 if I can excel in my learning. With this, I am planing on moving to Germany and attending German school (I have read that I can get a special visa for this) for 6-12 months, which will hopefully get me to German B2. Then I am planning either:

- Look for work in my current field of software consulting and implementation, or support if really necessary. My research shows that as a CDN citizen, I can stay in Germany to look for work without a JSV. If I am unsuccessful, then hopefully I'll be fluent enough in German to attend University and gain a bachelor degree of some kind, or do vocational training (unsure of the age restrictions on these two), which will give me time to further learn German, and put me in a better position as a prospective employee. I'll hopefully have enough money to support

Why: Many Reasons, some being: As beautiful as my current surroundings are, I miss the bustle of a bigger city (originally from London) // It is a life goal to learn and be able to converse in a second language, and to do that, I need immersion. // I miss European people. // Life is adventure, and I'm ready for my next one.

Im also bringing along a good attitude, and drive to succeed, which doesn't offer guarantees of anything, but will definitely help during the setbacks I'll most likely encounter.

Any inputs, feedback, or considerations I should make at this point would be most welcomed. 

Bye For Now.
PupMcPuppington: Welcome to the forum and good luck in your plans! If you have questions or need advice, please feel free tocome back and post it on this forum!
The housing link doesnt have a lot of listings. Can anyone recommend best sites to look for houses on rent please? 
The best rental housing search sites for German cities are

- Ebay Kleinanzeigen
    - WG-gesucht (for shared apartments)
    - Immoscout24 (for property agent's listings)

@beppi thank you. They all are in German :P. My german needs a lot of work still. But anyway i will try. 

They all are in German tongue.png.

- @zinkgforsangs
Yes, of course - what did you expect, in a German-speaking country?

If you don't speak the language, bring a German friend along for viewings - there are certain things to talk about (negotiate) and a lot of mistakes can be made when renting (rental contracts are always in German - and buerocratic German to boot!)

Or you engage an English-speaking property agent to search for you - they charge 2.4 months rent for their service.
Hi everybody, my name is Daniel Ding and I'm from Malaysia and currently living in Leipzig. I'm employed at Horbach Expats Financial Advisory and love going out with friends or colleagues after work for a cold one. My plan is to stay in Germany long-term and start a life here. Nice to meet you all!
@Julien 

Hi. I am from Azerbaijan. Currently, I am doing a Master's degree in Anglophone studies. I live in Germany and looking for new job opportunities, new friends.
Hi everybody, my name is Daniel Ding and I'm from Malaysia and currently living in Leipzig. I'm employed at Horbach Expats Financial Advisory and love going out with friends or colleagues after work for a cold one. My plan is to stay in Germany long-term and start a life here. Nice to meet you all!
- @danieldingyushan
Welcome to the forum!
Since you are "Expat Financial Adviser", a profession not always known for honesty and sound marketing strategies, please let me tell you that looking for customers is not allowed on this forum and might get you banned. You can, however, advertise your services on the site, for a fee - please contact the site adinistrators for this!