Citizenship based on marriage !!

Good morning everybody.. I'm living in Brazil since 20/03/2020 and married my Brazilian wife on 20/05/2020. I applied for residence permit trice but got delayed due to corona. Finally I got my CRNM CARD in September 2021, which was issued on 06/09/2021. I applied for citizenship of brazil based on my marriage to my Brazilian citizen wife in October 2021 but it was denied for not completed 1 year residence. I'm very much confused. Please help me to get this done. Thanks

Conditions of Naturalization
Applicants must meet the following conditions:

A   Legal capacity, according to Brazilian law.                         

B   Registration as a permanent resident of Brazil.                     

C   Proof of uninterrupted  residence in Brazil for at least four years immediately prior to lodging the application.             

D   Ability to read and write Portuguese in a manner commensurate with his or her possibilities.                         

E   Exercise of a profession or own sufficient property for support of self and family. This condition is met if the applicant:

(a) receives a pension for work done in Brazil, or                   

(b) is a student up to the age of 25, or                             

(c) is married to a Brazilian citizen, or                           

(d) shows proof of support by a parent, relative or descendant who has enough resources to meet the legal requirement's for the applicant's support.                           

F   Proof of good behavior.                                             

G   Absence of any denunciation, indictment or sentence in Brazil for a crime punishable, in principle, by more than one year in prison.                                                 

H   No income tax debits in Brazil.                                     

I   Good health. No proof of good health is required from a foreigner who has continuously resided in Brazil for more than two years immediately prior to the date the application is lodged. See "reduced period of residence" below.     

Absences from Brazil
The required four year period of residence is not considered interrupted by trips abroad, provided that the motive for such trip is considered relevant by the Minister of Justice and that the total sum of the periods of absence from Brazil does not exceed eighteen months.

Reduced Period of Residence
The required four-year period of residence may be shortened to, if the applicant:

One year: has a Brazilian child or is married to a Brazilian.

One year: has a Brazilian parent; 

One year: has rendered or is in a position to render relevant services to Brazil, at the discretion  of the Minister of Justice.

Two years: is eligible because of professional, scientific or artistic ability.

Three years: owns property of expressive value in Brazil; is an industrialist, owning expressive resources; or owns expressive paid-in shares in any corporation specially and permanently active in industry or agriculture.

Special Cases of Naturalization
Citizens from Portuguese-Speaking Countries
According to the Constitution of the Federative Republic of Brazil (art. 12, II, a), citizens from Portuguese-speaking countries may obtain Brazilian citizenship by residing in Brazil for one uninterrupted year and having moral integrity.

Foreign Citizens Residing in Brazil for over 15 years
According to the Constitution of the Federative Republic of Brazil (art. 12, II, b), foreign nationals with no criminal conviction residing in Brazil for over fifteen uninterrupted years may have the Brazilian citizenship if they so request. No other conditions are required.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON NATURALIZATION PROCEDURES CAN BE OBTAINED IN BRAZIL AT ANY FEDERAL POLICE PRECINCT.

This information page is valid as of 04/03/99 and replaces all previous ones.

12/29/21

"Residence in Brazil" for purposes of naturalization is counted from the issue date of your CRNM.  You can apply again anytime starting on 06/10/2022.. 

In order to apply, you will need to update the documentation that you presented to obtain your CRNM, present criminal background checks from the Brazilian Federal and State authorities (generally available online), and provide proof of Portuguese language proficiency, usually in the form of a passing certificate on the CelpeBras exam.  See "Naturalização" on the Polícia Federal website for complete details.

Follow abthree. He has done all of this and provides the knowledge first hand  :one

Thanks you for your help and replay @ abthree&taxanbrazil.. However PF replied " As per ORDINANCE No. 623, OF NOVEMBER 13, 2020, which provides for naturalization procedures:
Immigrant must meet the following requirements:

I)     Has civil capacity under Brazilian law

II) Resides in Brazil for an indefinite period of at least 04 (four) years;

III)  Has the ability to communicate in Portuguese

In the analysis of your process, you still do not have enough time to make the request for naturalization, since you entered Brazil on, Entry Date: 03/19/2020, and became

resident for an indefinite period on 09/16/2021, thus not having 01 year of resident.

Only from 06/16/2022 can another request be made, since after that date the minimum period of 01 year of resident will have been fulfilled.

Note: The term is 04 years, and it drops to 01 year of resident if you are married" which is confusing. Also I applied first time on 06/07/2020 for CRNM CARD  and processing was delaying due to pandemic so won't I get discounts for it by PF?

12/29/21

A_KUMAR wrote:

Note: The term is 04 years, and it drops to 01 year of resident if you are married" which is confusing. Also I applied first time on 06/07/2020 for CRNM CARD  and processing was delaying due to pandemic so won't I get discounts for it by PF?

I almost never say "never" in Brazil, because anything is possible.  You may talk to the right PF agent when s/he is having an especially good day and get a break; you're much more likely, though to get a kick in the pants and maybe a black mark on your record for asking for special treatment when the rules are clear.  You're eligible one year after the issue date on your CRNM.

As I said above, your petition won't be accepted unless you've passed CelpeBras anyway.   Although it's usually given twice a year, it was only given once in 2020 and 2021 because of covid.  The last time was in July 2021; the 2022 schedule hasn't been published yet, that I can find.

Thanks you for your help and suggestions.. So I can apply anytime after 06/09/2022??

And also what PF means to say by " Only from 06/16/2022 can another request be made, since after that date the minimum period of 01 year of resident will have been fulfilled". Please explain this.

12/29/21

A_KUMAR wrote:

And also what PF means to say by " Only from 06/16/2022 can another request be made, since after that date the minimum period of 01 year of resident will have been fulfilled". Please explain this.

It's probably just a typo.  The date that appears on your CRNM is authoritative.   :top:

Thanks you very much for clarifying my doubts.. Have a nice day 😀

I have applied the Brazilian citizenship all went well

I gave my fingerprints at the PF then I have seen in the system it was in a stage of  Análise MJSP.

did not ask me any documents further during the stage of análise MJSP so it seems like all went well on the stage of Análise MJSP, but now when I see the system it came back again to the stage  of análise PF

my question is as far as I had no problem in the  both stages PF and MJSP then again came back to the stage  as análise PF in the system, it means All went well just wait  for the publication in  Diario official?

will PF inform me to come there to get the citizenship?

09/18/22 Hi, rasvi. Please see my answer to this question in your other thread. Congratulations on reaching this point!  You're still a long way from the Diário Oficial, though.

thank you .are there agencies specializing in intervening with the federal police for the naturalization process?  I mean case facilitators.  I specify well.  Aid agencies to speed up the file

@rasvi same thing happened with my application today. What was the update of your application? Please keep updating. Thank

@A_KUMAR same thing happened with my application today. What was the update of your application? Please keep updating. Thanks

I have applied the Brazilian citizenship all went wellI gave my fingerprints at the PF then I have seen in the system it was in a stage of  Análise MJSP.did not ask me any documents further during the stage of análise MJSP so it seems like all went well on the stage of Análise MJSP, but now when I see the system it came back again to the stage  of análise PFmy question is as far as I had no problem in the  both stages PF and MJSP then again came back to the stage  as análise PF in the system, it means All went well just wait  for the publication in  Diario official?will PF inform me to come there to get the citizenship?        -@rasvi

same thing happened with my application today. What was the update of your application? Please keep updating. Thanks

04/12/24  same thing happened with my application today. What was the update of your application? Please keep updating. Thanks        -@Abrahamsabuj

Once the system shows the status of your case as "deferido" -- approved -- you should check the Diário Oficial da União daily :

https://www.gov.br/imprensanacional/pt-br

In "Pesquisa Avançada", look for your CRNM number, "Resultado Exato", "Tudo", "Último Mês" or "Última Semana"

Once you find your name and CRNM number, print out the Portaria that includes the announcement of your naturalization, and your Certificate of Naturalization:

https://www.gov.br/pt-br/servicos/obter … uralizacao

Bring the Portaria and your Naturalization Certificate to the local Justiça Eleitoral, and they will register you as a voter and tell you what else you need to do.  After that, you should be able to get your Registro Nacional from your local prefeitura, and your Brazilian passport from the Polícia Federal.

No its just showing analysis PF. It was in analysis MJSP since last year July and suddenly today I got notification that the new status is analysis PF. So what does that mean? Thanks for your response

04/12/24   No its just showing analysis PF. It was in analysis MJSP since last year July and suddenly today I got notification that the new status is analysis PF. So what does that mean? Thanks for your response

-@Abrahamsabuj

My guess would be that it's been sent back to the Polícia Federal office.  What document did you submit to prove your Portuguese proficiency, and what documents did you use for your criminal background check?  As long as you've met the residency time requirement, those are the areas that are most likely to be potential problems.

I gave them FAAP university certificate for the Portuguese language and I gave both from home country and Brazilian criminal records certificate which was authenticate by Brazilian embassy in my home country

04/12/24    I gave them FAAP university certificate for the Portuguese language and I gave both from home country and Brazilian criminal records certificate which was authenticate by Brazilian embassy in my home country

-@Abrahamsabuj

Consider going to the PF office with your Protocolo, and asking them if there's a problem with your petition.  If you have the detailed course syllabus for the FAAP course, your grade report, and proof that the course was approved by the Ministry of Education, have them with you, and if they say that there's a problem with your proof of proficiency in Portuguese, offer them the additional documents.  If they say that there's no problem, just thank them and don't offer them anything else. 

They have requested me these additional documents before and I have given them all and the course is approved by the ministry of higer education and eligible for naturalization. I am in confused about my situation

04/12/24    They have requested me these additional documents before and I have given them all and the course is approved by the ministry of higer education and eligible for naturalization. I am in confused about my situation

-@Abrahamsabuj

When my naturalization petition had been hung up for six months, I went to the office and asked politely if there was any problem.  Since I was there, they asked for more documents, I gave them to them, and later my petition was approved.  I don't know whether they'll still talk to people who just walk in, but if I hadn't done it, I probably wouldn't have known there was a problem until I saw in the system that I had been rejected.