Car Rental May 31-June 11 2022

Hi
I  will be visiting the DR May 31-June 11 20222.
I understand car rentals can be a little tricky with insurance ect.
Could anyone recommend a reliable company to rent from at the Punta Cana airport?
Any advise on insurance?
Is it safe to drive in the DR?
I appreciate all your help! oh if you could recommend a good restaurant that would be great!
thanks again.

Welcome to the forum!

Are you planning to stay in Punta Cana? Knowing how much driving you plan to do will help folks answer your questions.

Your stay is short and depending upon your reasons for renting a car I would recommend to NOT rent a car.  Rentals are expensive, driving is dangerous and only getting worse.  Buses, taxis, ubers, motoconch are readily available and unless your plan is to drive all over the place, or moving stuff, renting a car is not advisable in my opinion.  There are only a few main roads in this area (PC) and you can almost always catch a bus.

If you do rent a car, I would recommend buying the extra insurance (zero deductible).  Using the insurance on your credit card can be problematic.  Also, everything will probably change again by May of next year.  I doubt anyone will even give you a quote so far in advance.

The chances of you having an accident are much higher than the chances of you not having an accident.

I have used Alamo with good experiences.

Restaurant - are you staying at hotel - all inclusive generally.

I have used Avis and Europcar -- both were very easy to deal with and no problems.

Agree with DMike above. Do NOT drive if you do not have to. This sounds like your first trip here? If so, get around by taxi this trip, observe the driving behavior, and determine if it is something you can deal with the next time around. DR is one of the most dangerous places to drive in the world. No joke.

Hi
No, we rented a condo so we really don't have anything within walking distance. The condo is in Capa Cana

Would you happen to know if there is grocery delivery in Capa Cana?

There is a free shuttle service from Cap Cana to Four points hotel.  Which is at the main intersection of the Punta Cana restaurant strip.  From there you can get public transportation to Downtown punta cana.  It's not complicated.  Check your map to see what I am talking about.  Check it out first...

Depending on how you are planning to spend your time, I would rent a car. The driving is not bad on that side and this is coming from one who avoids all costs driving in Santo Domingo.

Fishing Lodge has very good restaurants and supermarket is Nacional next to the Blue Mall and by the airport.

All is going to depends upon what kind of food you looking for let's say you want taste the local food , there quite a few restaurants with a vast variety of Dominican food , they have Delicias vabaro they are specialized in seafood . Jellyfish Restaurant this one is a well known restaurant in punta Cana they are good at seafood but they also serve all kind of food .