A VPN for Jeddah

Morning all,

5 weeks to go till we arrive in the 'Magic Kingdom' and now starting to take care of 'issues' one such issue to being able to access favorite British TV channels, or to be more exact my two teenage kids favorite British TV channels. On a  recent visit to Jeddah I found that I was unable to connect to sites such as BBC iPlayer etc, a friend said that I would need to set up a 'VPN' could anyone please advise of a good way of 'easily' doing this please. I have a Mac by the way, looking for ease of installation and reliability in use please, any thoughts...

BTW, the sites are not restricted sites simply ones that are generally available within the UK!

Really don't have an idea. there are proxies too to access restricted websites etc. But I can't share.

Hi Tazz1967

Well my hubby is leaving in 6 days.
I myself am wondering about satellite tv. Here in South Africa we have DSTV but it is not available in KSA. My son loves his cartoons and I hope we will be able to get something there

I do not know what a VPN is , so sorry can not help on that one
SPeak soon
Yolande

Hello again, I have just replied to your 'JKS' post :)

VPN - 'Virtual Private Network' apparently it fools the computer and 'anyone who may be watching' into thinking that you are in another country or domain eg UK.

So where in Jeddah will your husband be staying and any news on when you will follow?
If I find an answer to my question I will let you know, otherwise you better get recording your sons cartoons...:D

I am quite amazed a lot of people do not know about vpn here..Well I have a recommendation for you.but I am wondering if I will be blocked on taking a particular service provider name.What should I do??

johnsonm90 wrote:

I am quite amazed a lot of people do not know about vpn here..Well I have a recommendation for you.but I am wondering if I will be blocked on taking a particular service provider name.What should I do??

you can reply with the info you want to give just leave out those three little letters, you know the pnvvvvvv ones!

That's a tough task to do :D
I am a satisfied user of [moderated] and would recommend its services to you due to its quality service and excellent support..You can access all UK stuff as you can connect through their UK servers..Hope it helps :)