Does Skype and FaceTime work in KSA ?

Hello everyone,

I'm moving to Jeddah next week from Dubai on a work contract and was wondering, are VoIP apps such as viber ,whatsapp blocked is Saudi Arabia as well ?
We have same problem here in Dubai and I use NordVPN since it provides a very decent service in there, but my subscription is about to expire and I was wondering do I need to extend it ?

Hi Susan,

Welcome to Saudi Arabia. The WhatsApp calls used to work but I just tried it now it didn't. Viper is blocked. FaceTime works if you use iPhone.

I will double check the what's up and let you know.

Skype, facetime, IMO and facebook messenger work here.

Whatsapp and Viber doesn't

Facebook messenger works but quality is so so.  Skype works sometimes and at others, it doesn't.

Best option I have found, speed and reliability wise, is google duo.

Google duo works perfectly and it is for free. Second option is to download super VPN and use whats app for calls

hi susan everything will works here and I already use all apps dont worry KSA is bigger than Dubai

skype and viber doenst work here. You can use the whatsapp messaging but the calling facilities doesnt work unless you use the VPN

every thing is working here don't worry, you can use any free vpn and start using any voip service.... i have been using whatsapp,imo ,skype,google duo, facetime, etc since long time without any hassel.

and imo works with out vpn.

To eliminate the confusion and to put it another way:

With VPN - Everything works
Without VPN - Google duo is the best option.  Followed by IMO.  Skype and Facebook messenger work sometimes and at others, do not.

Many Thanks!

You are most welcome Susan. Glad to be of assistance. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hello Susan ,

Well Skype and Facetime does work without VPN access in KSA ..

Dear, wellcome to Jedah saudi Arabia.