IPhone 5

Itechnia is selling the iPhone 5 for 5500.

The market sells it for 3000+

I bought one it turned out to be used.  When I opened the phone it was in Chinese. I demanded my money back.

Are all the phones sold for 3000 used? Is that why itechnia is selling it for 5500.

Izone supposedly is an official apple product seller but that's where my incident took place.

Jarir bookstore is selling it for 3300. So could it be used...

Am I not going to be able to get a phone?

The price of the iPhone 5 has drastically dropped within less than a month.  From 4999 all the way to 3000.

I'll probably wait one more month hoping that it will go down to 2500... Lol

In the meantime where can I get a phone that is not a replica ... Used.... Decent.... Etc

iPhone 5 was not officialy launched here in Saudi Arabia till today and the official price for the 16GB is 2799SR.

All the iPhone's being sold here prior to that have been imported one's. And coz the demand was high, was sold at whatever price the company saw fit.

The prices of iPhone 5 will not go down from 2799SR for sometime, coz this is the official release now, and therefore the official price.

there are no, NO NO NO NO NO Apple authorized DEALERS in ksa.

There are resellers only. Even the carriers arent a DEALER per say. just a seller

Freshlikesushi wrote:

There are resellers only. Even the carriers arent a DEALER per say. just a seller

That being said Apple officialy launched thie iPhone through the resellers/distributors today for 2799.

the 3000/4000/5000 SR was a looting scam. 2799 is the real deal.

but not really a deal
750.00 usd is quite alot for a phone

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Omg ur sure right.  :(

So I shouldn't get one right...

johnkuriakose wrote:

iPhone 5 was not officialy launched here in Saudi Arabia till today and the official price for the 16GB is 2799SR.

All the iPhone's being sold here prior to that have been imported one's. And coz the demand was high, was sold at whatever price the company saw fit.

The prices of iPhone 5 will not go down from 2799SR for sometime, coz this is the official release now, and therefore the official price.

So where do I get this from???   If there's no real dealers.

What about the UAE.    What's the prices there.   My friends are there maybe I can make some arrangements.

Did the apple store start selling them?....

Ok apple.com.ae says it will arrive soon... So the others are not real rigth?

Thank for your guidance you guys..

t.unit wrote:

So where do I get this from???   If there's no real dealers.

What about the UAE.    What's the prices there.   My friends are there maybe I can make some arrangements.

Did the apple store start selling them?....

You can get it from shops like Jarir and STC/Mobily/Zain

The 2799 is the best price you are going to get here in Saudi Arabia for a factory unlocked phone. Can you get it cheaper outside the country, of-course yes, but that was not the question. Im not sure about the prices in UAE, it never hurts to check.

every country has different release dates

there is nothing wrong from buying from a reseller, but they cant generally do repairs or work that doesnt void the warranty unless they are an authorized repair center

since the cost of apple products generally includes the fantastic customer service for repairs and replacements, the costs you are spending here is rather just to have it and say you have it.

especially since the new iphone cant really compare with items like Note 2, Galay S3alpha and a few others.

t.unit wrote:

It arrived today. And thts what I am trying to tell you. You can buy genuine warranty covered iPhone from Jarir Book store, carrefour STC/Mobily/Zain and the like.

The warranty depends on the provider but your product will be covered under warranty and replaced/repaired if there is a fault.

If you have been waiting to buy an iPhone, this is the time. Go for it.

johnkuriakose wrote:
t.unit wrote:

It arrived today. And thts what I am trying to tell you. You can buy genuine warranty covered iPhone from Jarir Book store, carrefour STC/Mobily/Zain and the like.

The warranty depends on the provider but your product will be covered under warranty and replaced/repaired if there is a fault.

If you have been waiting to buy an iPhone, this is the time. Go for it.

Ok here's comes another question.

Jarir had it before today.  Since the authorized ones arrived today how do I recognize it.  Now they ve got 2 batches right.

I'm sorry for being soooo ignorant.

I can't get it from zain because they would require it to be post paid.  Can't deal with another bill.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

every country has different release dates

there is nothing wrong from buying from a reseller, but they cant generally do repairs or work that doesnt void the warranty unless they are an authorized repair center

since the cost of apple products generally includes the fantastic customer service for repairs and replacements, the costs you are spending here is rather just to have it and say you have it.

especially since the new iphone cant really compare with items like Note 2, Galay S3alpha and a few others.

Ok thank. Very useful.  :)))

the iphones in country prior are known as "grey market"

they are bought in bulk from other countries (ie UK) and shipped here and resold. they are by all means real, but NORMALLY not covered or warrantied by apple without an authorized dealer proof of purchase in most cases.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

they are bought in bulk from other countries (ie UK) and shipped here and resold. they are by all means real, but NORMALLY not covered or warrantied by apple without an authorized dealer proof of purchase in most cases.

Exactly. t.unit this should put an end to all your queries.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Ok thank you for your patience.  I actually understand.:)

this also goes for a Large number of canon and nikon items in country. but that is a completely different story

johnkuriakose wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

:(

But there's one more.   How do I know they are selling me the one with warranty.  Jarir started selling it before...

no idea

This is why i buy my electronics in the US that are more than a few hundred bucks

t.unit wrote:
johnkuriakose wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

But there's one more.   How do I know they are selling me the one with warranty.  Jarir started selling it before...

Whatever jarir sells you now will be covered under warranty. regardless of old stock or new. Im sure there are no old stock left, as iPhone 5 was not avialable to buy last week in jarir or for that matter anywhere else.

if Freshilikesushi can help you bring it from USA go for it. else, if you are settled here and want to buy an iPhone 5, go to Jarir and buy one. They have the best warranty also compared to Carrefour, Xtra and the like. And just for your mental satisfaction ask em about the warranty. There are no duplicate iPhone 5 being sold in Jarir so its the real thing. If you are ready to pay the 2799. Go grab it. Else wait a couple of months and the price will come donw by a 100 or 2.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

no idea

This is why i buy my electronics in the US that are more than a few hundred bucks

I felt like an idiot asking my last question.. :dumbom: so I appreciate your last reply :):):)

Ok I'll wait till I go back home. But I'll make one stop at zain. :)

Ok. Thank you all for your patience and guidance. I learned a lot.

Grey market
Reasons of why prices go up and down
Where to shop.:top: now I'm an official shopper who can't get scammed.. If ill do I ve got u boys :whistle:  ull help out.. Take care.

johnkuriakose wrote:
t.unit wrote:
johnkuriakose wrote:

Whatever jarir sells you now will be covered under warranty. regardless of old stock or new. Im sure there are no old stock left, as iPhone 5 was not avialable to buy last week in jarir or for that matter anywhere else.

I'm in jeddah. Jarir had it since 2 wks if not earlier prices were starting from 3999.  I've been going everywhere since the day this baby was launched..

johnkuriakose wrote:

if Freshilikesushi can help you bring it from USA go for it. else, if you are settled here and want to buy an iPhone 5, go to Jarir and buy one. They have the best warranty also compared to Carrefour, Xtra and the like. And just for your mental satisfaction ask em about the warranty. There are no duplicate iPhone 5 being sold in Jarir so its the real thing. If you are ready to pay the 2799. Go grab it. Else wait a couple of months and the price will come donw by a 100 or 2.

then he would have the same problem as now.  no real warranty from apple.

sure jarir gives you a warranty.  But where is the genius bar to take it to? where is the apple store that can swap your screen?

you cant.

why are you so enthusiastic abotu the iphone 5?
its just a longer 4s?  i dont get it. and im an apple guy

johnkuriakose wrote:

Yay sounds awesome.american iPhone from America... But it's ok. I've got my bro in the UAE, and I've an option to get it from home... Don't worry I've just fallen desperate...and my phone is so ugly and old... Thank for the offer...

Freshlikesushi wrote:

I'm sure he doesnt have the iPhone4S and if he doesnt then iPhone 5 is a better option today than the iPhone 4. If he has the 4S then I am as lost as you are.

t.unit wrote:
johnkuriakose wrote:

Yay sounds awesome.american iPhone from America... But it's ok. I've got my bro in the UAE, and I've an option to get it from home... Don't worry I've just fallen desperate...and my phone is so ugly and old... Thank for the offer...

t.unit, The price difference in UAE/ Turkey is not going to be much. Also if you buy it from a different country warrnaty will be limited here in Saudi Arabia. So unless your brother is going to give it to you for free. Just go to Jarir confirm the warranty and spoil urselves. :)

Freshlikesushi wrote:
johnkuriakose wrote:

then he would have the same problem as now.  no real warranty from apple.

sure jarir gives you a warranty.  But where is the genius bar to take it to? where is the apple store that can swap your screen?

you cant.

Ok apple guy it's the new thing.  Why should I get an older version when I'm getting sth new.  I want to buy the latest.     Right now I have a Nokia e72.  Its like 4 yrs old.  It doesn't work anymore.  And it's ugly now.    I don't want to buy an older version. I think your thinking that I have the 4s.  But I don't. And if ur thinking its the same but cheaper... Well this one is newer... C'mon cut me a slack... :(

I'll be away...I've gtg.   See you guys later

johnkuriakose wrote:
t.unit wrote:
johnkuriakose wrote:

t.unit, The price difference in UAE/ Turkey is not going to be much. Also if you buy it from a different country warrnaty will be limited here in Saudi Arabia. So unless your brother is going to give it to you for free. Just go to Jarir confirm the warranty and spoil urselves. :)

It's not about the price.  :) it's about authenticity...  Integrity will resume maybe in in 30 min...

t.unit wrote:

It's not about the price.  :) it's about authenticity...  Integrity will resume maybe in in 30 min...

There are no fake iphone 5 in the market as of now, especially not in Jarir. grey market doesnt mean fake. Just go get it already.

t.unit wrote:
johnkuriakose wrote:
t.unit wrote:

That's supposed to be I will resume.

Ok I'm back.

I was planning to get it from itechnia for 5500 thinking that's the real thing and others are replicas.   I just wanted to take an opinion and be sure.  So it's def. not about where's it cheaper.

johnkuriakose wrote:
t.unit wrote:

There are no fake iphone 5 in the market as of now, especially not in Jarir. grey market doesnt mean fake. Just go get it already.

I made a list of what I learned. I understand what it means.

Quite a good info-set has been provided by mates in this thread.

iPhone, in the last three years (at least), has been a highly demanded item in the entire world. Unfortunately and irrationally it needs a good market & trend knowledge before you buy as Apple charges top dollar for it and thus risks are high.

To summarize, iPhone5 is NOW available in KSA as Zain started selling it today. Your best bet is to get it from a telecom service provider (Zain, STC or Mobily) or from Jarir/eXtra.

Jarir sells 2 kinds:
1- One with FaceTime: It's imported from outside Middle East and is usually 400-500+ on top of 2,799 SAR

2- For 2,799 SAR: Which is (again) from STC/Mobily or Zain.

Jarir started selling for 2,799 (but as I said, from Zain):

http://www.jarirbookstore.com/images/jarir_main-ad074.jpg

I think Zain may be the only provider with 4G for iPhone 5

RehabDoctor wrote:

I think Zain may be the only provider with 4G for iPhone 5

Mobily has 4G sims available, so I dont see any reason why mobily wouldnt be having the 4G service for iPhone.

Panda also selling it now. I am wating for price from Sheta & Saif and other super stores.
Carrefour offered amazing price for note 2: 2100..
lets c, if they can do that for Iphone too.

Where do hyper panda got there iPhones since they were not authorized reseller?

I bought my iphone at hyper panda and it was 11 months ago and now it currently having problem when I went to panda they said I bring it to stc, when I went to stc (Al badiah) the man there said they were not under hyper panda???

I'm little bit confused and were the hell I'm going to get my warranty??

Pleasse help?

Yanyanlunlu,

What does it say on the bill. If it says Panda take it to Panda, if it says STC take it to STC.

All the best.

Cheers,
John