Non "O" 90 day visa

When applying for a 90 days Non-immigrant O in Thailand,you need 800k in a Thai bank account the day of application. No documents from previous years is needed. You need a bank letter from your bank showing it's your account and the balance is at least 800k.
-@Leeds forever!

Yes, I know it. But I mean this rule "5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand". I have to show the immigration officer that the money has been deposited into the Thai bank account from abroad (overseas transfer), isn't it?
-@finderbox
Your bank book will show that the money comes from abroad (there are bank codes) and you need to copy the first page in the book showing your name and account number plus the page showing the balance.
-@Leeds forever!

That is the problem. If I replenished my bank account many years mostly with cash, can the immigration officer reject the non-o visa (in the Pattaya (Jomtien) immigration office)?
-@finderbox
I would be very surprised if they reject your application as long as you have at least 800k in your account. The only obstacle would be the ladies at desk 7,especially one of them if she's still working there. Don't mention the money,though. You do know that you need 2 complete sets of documents when applying? The bank letter can be copied.
-@Leeds forever!

Yep, I have more than 800k on my thai bank account, but some funds came from abroad, some money I deposited in cash, within last 12 years. And in the passbook, some early transactions cannot be shown because the passbook has been updated/replaced. This situation worries me, because in some provinces (for example in Prachuapkhirikhan) the immigration office require to confirm the fact that money was received into the account from abroad.

I don't know how many sets I need. I only know what documents are required for a visa

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-conten … B8%AAO.pdf

That is the problem. If I replenished my bank account many years mostly with cash, can the immigration officer reject the non-o visa (in the Pattaya (Jomtien) immigration office)?
-@finderbox
I would be very surprised if they reject your application as long as you have at least 800k in your account. The only obstacle would be the ladies at desk 7,especially one of them if she's still working there. Don't mention the money,though. You do know that you need 2 complete sets of documents when applying? The bank letter can be copied.
-@Leeds forever!

I don't know how many sets I need. I only know what documents are required for the non-o visa:

Form TM.86/or 87

Copy of passport pages (for example, personal information page,

last entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any)

and departure card (Form TM.6))

Either one 4x6 cm photograph or one 2 inch size photograph

Application fee of Baht 2,000

5.1 Present passbook and deposit certificate from banks

in Thailand (in Thai language (Attention:

Immigration Commissioner))

5.2 Copy of all entries of the applicant's passbook showing that the

applicant has a savings or fixed deposit account of not less than

Baht 800,000 (all documents must be in the Applicant's name)

5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand

**(Documents under 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 must be issued and updated to

be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in

the Applicant's name.)

Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord; A copy

of house registration.

When applying for a 90 days Non-immigrant O in Thailand,you need 800k in a Thai bank account the day of application. No documents from previous years is needed. You need a bank letter from your bank showing it's your account and the balance is at least 800k.
-@Leeds forever!

Yes, I know it. But I mean this rule "5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand". I have to show the immigration officer that the money has been deposited into the Thai bank account from abroad (overseas transfer), isn't it?
-@finderbox
Your bank book will show that the money comes from abroad (there are bank codes) and you need to copy the first page in the book showing your name and account number plus the page showing the balance.
-@Leeds forever!

-@finderbox
-@Leeds forever!

Yep, I have more than 800k on my thai bank account, but some funds came from abroad, some money I deposited in cash, within last 12 years. And in the passbook, some early transactions cannot be shown because the passbook has been updated/replaced. This situation worries me, because in some provinces (for example in Prachuapkhirikhan) the immigration office require to confirm the fact that money was received into the account from abroad.

I don't know how many sets I need. I only know what documents are required for a visa

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-conten … B8%AAO.pdf
-@finderbox

You need two complete sets included two TM86 forms if you entered on a 60 days tourist visa (best option) or two TM87 forms if arriving on a visa exempt, with a 6x4cm photo on each form. The TM6 card is still scrapped when arriving by air. Jomtien immigration isn't same as the immigration offices in Hua Hin and even Chiang Mai. Those two offices are well known for doing everything by the book and even coming up with requirements of their own.You can always go to immigration and ask at desk 7, it's the small room to the left just behind desk 8. Bring your bank book. What else can you do? Repatriating 800k and then transfer the money back to your Thai bank is an option.

@Leeds forever! Thank you for the info!

@Dennis uk Hi myself and my husband have just received our 90 day visa  which is a pre requirement for your retirement O visa  (So YES there is such a thing) we live in the UK and move out to Jomtien in 2 weeks, you have to do the 90 day visa within three months of your date of moving, for the correct advice and to do your Visa it is through VisaHQ.com at a cost of £111. Your O visa has to applied for in Thailand.

Good Luck and I hope this information helps

@Dennis uk Hi myself and my husband have just received our 90 day visa which is a pre requirement for your retirement O visa (So YES there is such a thing) we live in the UK and move out to Jomtien in 2 weeks, you have to do the 90 day visa within three months of your date of moving, for the correct advice and to do your Visa it is through VisaHQ.com at a cost of £111. Your O visa has to applied for in Thailand.
Good Luck and I hope this information helps
-@midge6262

FYI, the 90 days Non-immigrant O visa is not a pre-requirement for the 1 year extension at the local immigration office.You can arrive on for example a 60 days tourist visa and change it to a 90 days Non-immigrant O visa,then after ~60 days apply for the 1 year extension. That extension is NOT a visa, it's a permission of stay.

There are now reports about the 800k needed when changing for example from 60 days tourist visa to a 90 days Non-Immigrant O Visa at Chonburi Immigration in Jomtien. Now it seems like those 800k has to be seasoned the same way as when applying for annual extensions using the money in the bank method, meaning the money has to be in a thai bank account 2 months prior to the change of visa.

My last post about changes regarding the change of visa at Chonburi immigration in Jomtien has been verified by another two persons.