Where to start

I am moving to Pattaya to retire sometime next year. My question is, from most of what i have seen I need a visa to ship my goods there. That would mean flying there getting my retirement visa flying back to the house and shipping my goods. Is there any other options that any one knows about? What type of visa is required to ship?

You can obtain retirement visa while you are still in the US.  Contact Thai consulate in LA, NY or Chicago and obtain requirements to obtain Non-Immigrant O-A visa.

You are aware that import duty on household goods will need to be paid to clear customs in Thailand.  Many people are not happy when they get import duty bill.

Unless you cannot replace I would only bring what you can carry on the plane.

I am not in the states, I am a contractor in the middle east but my wife lives in Dubai. I have heard that you can ship personal items such as clothes and household goods  as long as they are not new. I'm only shipping clothes with some small family heirlooms my wife doesn't want to leave behind. I would be happy with just a suitcase, my wife on the other hand couldn't fit her shoes and handbags in one let alone her clothes. Hopefully the shipping company I am dealing with can help me out. just looking for more ideas.