Moving

I'm moving to pattaya the 28th of auggest hoping to find work what the best visa for me to get to start with

Tourist visa on arrival.

And what about when that runs out

Work permit or make a visa run.

stumpy wrote:

Tourist visa on arrival.

He's from the UK so I take it you mean a Visa exempt entry? 30 days if arriving by air for UK passport holder.

Brett

You're from Notts right? I'm from Mansfield!

Get yourself up to the Thai Consulate in Hull. Apply for a double entry Tourist Visa (even triple if they will issue)

A double entry gets you 6 months give or take a day or two in Thailand. 60 days + 30 days ext Thai Immigration - Border run - Re-enter Thailand do the same process.

Plenty of time to get yourself organised in Thailand. Find some work, apply for B visa in nearby country etc.

You cannot get a work permit on a tourist visa.

Make sure you have a plan B in place, in my opinion Pattaya is not the best place in Thailand to find your feet. Very easy to get hooked on what's available there and end up skint!

Great yeh ill try and get up to hull struggling for that though
Really buisy at work
Yeh from notts nice to meet you !
I understand what your on  about pattata but I have a place sorted there
So I'm gonna use that as a base camp I'm hoping to find work in engineering
Eg maintenance  welding  sheet metal fabricator I'm taking a RISC leaving I'm giving up everything !

BrettMillward wrote:

Great yeh ill try and get up to hull struggling for that though
Really buisy at work
Yeh from notts nice to meet you !
I understand what your on  about pattata but I have a place sorted there
So I'm gonna use that as a base camp I'm hoping to find work in engineering
Eg maintenance  welding  sheet metal fabricator I'm taking a RISC leaving I'm giving up everything !

Hi Brett

You can do postal stuff with Hull. BUT if you ring them you can book appointment and they are very efficient. The Consulate is on the outskirts of Hull near the Humber Bridge.

You might like to read this article I wrote on working in Thailand, the link in the post( finding work in Thailand) is also worth following and reading.

Good luck.

I need all the contact I can get I appreciate your message
I'm a little nervous about leaving everything hoping to find work anywere tbh
I'm leaving literally everything behind I think sometimes things come to people
Who take a RISC but who knows