Thai Visa Agency

16Apr24. I arrived in Pattaya and went to the local Visa agency which was a tour visa agency nothing to do with Thai government. One of those small office-like, bus ticketing, border visa run, tour to cambodia etc… company. I had Non O retirement Visa, UK driving license with my UK passport to open a thai bank account. The staff told me it was 2900 baht but it will take a week to get it. I said I want it today they said it is 5900 baht for express day service I chose that one. They took me to the Bangkok Bank near by you actually have to go to the bank to get it but they drove me with their own car. waited about 40 mins the bank staff already had all my documents and details which were presented at the Visa agency before I went to the Bank. the bank staff already had all my documents and details on her mobile phone. Within 15 mins I got my bank book and debit card. No questions asked they just did it. I could not believe it. This so called visa agnevy  had all different prices and services for all customers including tourists.

@marcson72

Big news for you.

Anyone can do it themself, takes maybe 30 minutes and it is free.......

@marcson72  Why did you even bother to go to any of "helpers" in the first place???? Just go to the bank with your current visa and get it done yourself. Even alleged insurance pushed by the banks would be cheaper for the first year and you can tell the bank to fuck off for any other insurance renewals. I opened accounts in 2 different banks in Pattaya just in case if any collapses myself and did not pay any extras at all. Maybe you have different level of tolerance to bullshit  

@Vlad Doguilev i did not have all required documents such as TM30 etc. so i went to the Visa agency. if i had all documents i did not have to use this agency.

@marcson72

You mentioned you have a non O Visa..... applied from outside Thailand I assume

Only thing you would have needed extra is a certificate of address from immigration, same address

as you visa was issued on.....

@marcson72 - stay overnight at any hotel and get their address for the bank from hotel bill, buy a local SIM from any 7-11 by showing your passport. Now it is a bit too late.  For Australian passport holders giving a "fee" or technically bribing any government official could be a big problem at home. I register my tenants at Immigration in Jomtien without "gifts" and any registered at Immigration person could get Residence Certificate for opening bank account.

@martinoo2002 i did not have the certificate as i was staying at the hotel. i actually did not need Non O visa  on this trip because for 27 days i do not need a visa. but someone informed me that it would be easier/cheaper to open the bank account if i had Non O Visa. At the Visa office i paid less because i had Non O visa. Other tourists also can open the bank account but they have to pay a lot more.

Well done.Who wants to be trailing about all over the place in this weather.

@Vlad Doguilev just let you know the Hotel invoice or anything else would not be accepted. as you know you have to have TM30 which i did not have. you have to make a condo contract then the landlord will register you or whoever then the landlord will provide TM30 which is needed when you go and open the thai bank account. Once again anything from hotel would not accepted.

@martinoo2002  Other tourists also can open the bank account but they have to pay a lot more.

-@marcson72

Opening a bank account is free. It depends on rules set by the bank in combination with visa or even as a tourist... but it is free, always.

You have been punked1f600.svg

@marcson72

That is correct.. not sure if the bank requires a tm30, but a residency certificate does the trick for sure

@martinoo2002 i have been punked if i had all required documents. but i did not have the certificate of the residence that is why i went there. Yes in a way i was punked but it is thailand and you just have to pay sometimes. i am happy with my Bangkok Bank Account  at the end of the day. sure if you have all the documents and etc… i know It is free to open one bit i did not have them all. so i chose that way to get it. would i recommend to anyone ? the decision is yours.

@martinoo2002 as i said i did not have the certificate of the residency that is the reason why i chose that way. we all know the opening a bank account is free in thailand if you have all the required documents.

@marcson72

Maybe it is a good idea for you, and others that who cannot meet the requirements, to mention that so that others understand better why you are using an agent. And why an agent is not necessary when you can meet the requirements...

@martinoo2002 i explained already why i did use the agent