Non "O" 90 day visa

Hi does anyone know documents needed for 90 day non"O" visa based on retirement?

thanks
Dennis

Dennis uk wrote:

Hi does anyone know documents needed for 90 day non"O" visa based on retirement?

thanks
Dennis

There is no such thing.

The only truly official visa based on retirement is a 1 year visa only available through an embassy outside of Thailand and the embassies all have the documentation requirements listed.

I haven't looked up the status of Scottish citizens in Thailand so I don't know if you have the same automatic Visa free entry as US citizens.

American citizens have been able to get 45 days of Visa free entry over the summer, although it's unclear if the Thai government is going to continue the extra 15 days or have the Visa free period revert to the previous 30 days (15 extra days has been added because of the requirements of quarantine, especially in Bangkok).

Now having said all of that, there is another method that people are using to remain in Thailand for an extended period.

I'll let someone else give you the specifics but according to my cousin who lives there you will need to initially extend your Visa for 90 days (and I think that means 60 days for a total of 90 days normally) and then during that extended period, you will need to deposit the necessary funds in a Thai Bank.

I believe that amount is currently 80,000 Thai baht.

Then you will be able to apply for the non O visa which is supposed to allow you to be able to stay for one year.

I look forward to somebody correcting me and maybe giving you more specific information.

Leeds?

ive read in a few forums that  you get a 90 day non immigrant visa based on retirement before you apply for  the one year non "o" visa extension  so that you can transfer funds needed for year extension.

Thai Retirement Visa
The Thai Retirement Visa is a type of long term Thai visa popular among retirees aged more than 50 years old. To obtain a Thai retirement Visa, the applicant must obtain an initial visa called Non-immigrant O visa. It is valid for 90 days and it can be issued by the Thai consulate or embassy from the country of residence or it can be issued in Thailand. Once the applicant receives this visa, he/she must open a bank account in Thailand and transfer the required funds of 800,000 THB. After 2 months, the applicant may convert to a retirement visa which is valid for 1 year. This type of retirement visa does not require a criminal background check, medical certificate, and health insurance. The extension of stay will be issued at the local immigration office of the applicant.
just copied this from siam legal website.
just looking for details of documents needed for these visas as i already have thai bank account with bangkok bank.

this is from siam legal also describing non "O" 90 day visa.

90-Day Non-Immigrant Visa
to Thailand
The 90-Day Non-Immigrant visa is issued to foreigners who wish to enter Thailand for study, business, investment, retirement and other purposes. This type of visa is valid for use for 90 days from the date of issue. The holder of this visa is also given a period of 90 days stay inside Thailand and can be extended for 7 days.

Furthermore, this type of visa grants the holder the option to convert to a 1-Year Non-Immigrant visa stay (i.e. work visa, marriage visa, retirement etc) which can be processed and obtained inside Thailand

i think from october 1st 30 day VOA is back.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Dennis uk wrote:

thanks
Dennis

There is no such thing.

The only truly official visa based on retirement is a 1 year visa only available through an embassy outside of Thailand and the embassies all have the documentation requirements listed.

I haven't looked up the status of Scottish citizens in Thailand so I don't know if you have the same automatic Visa free entry as US citizens.

American citizens have been able to get 45 days of Visa free entry over the summer, although it's unclear if the Thai government is going to continue the extra 15 days or have the Visa free period revert to the previous 30 days (15 extra days has been added because of the requirements of quarantine, especially in Bangkok).

Now having said all of that, there is another method that people are using to remain in Thailand for an extended period.

I'll let someone else give you the specifics but according to my cousin who lives there you will need to initially extend your Visa for 90 days (and I think that means 60 days for a total of 90 days normally) and then during that extended period, you will need to deposit the necessary funds in a Thai Bank.

I believe that amount is currently 80,000 Thai baht.

Then you will be able to apply for the non O visa which is supposed to allow you to be able to stay for one year.

I look forward to somebody correcting me and maybe giving you more specific information.

Leeds?

Yes, there's a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa based on retirement. You apply for it at an embassy or consulate back home. That's the visa you use when you're going for a 1 year extension based on retirement 60 days after arrival. Check the embassy website for documents needed,the requirements might differ between countries because of the pandemic. You can also apply for this visa at the local immigration office in Thailand if you enter on a 60 days tourist visa. You use the TM86 which is the "Change of Visa"-form. A lot of paperwork,though. Better to apply for it back home.

i was just going to arrive on the 30 day VOA then 90 day non immigrant visa based on retirement which gives me time to sort out banking etc. and apply for year extension in thailand.

Dennis uk wrote:

i was just going to arrive on the 30 day VOA then 90 day non immigrant visa based on retirement which gives me time to sort out banking etc. and apply for year extension in thailand.

If you need time, it's better to start with the 60 days tourist visa,then change it to the 90 days Non-immigrant O. If you arrive on a 30 days visa exempt (not a VOA), you have only 1 week to sort everything out, because immigration wants you to apply for the 90 days Non-immigrant O after 7 days. During the pandemic there's no 30 days visa exempt. It's now 45 days, that includes 15 days in quarantine.

thanks for the advice, it probably wont be until beginning of next year, i have bank account and will have funds in before this happens.
I saw on a few channels that possibly from 1st october that 30 day visa exempt will be starting again and fully vaccinated with no quarantine(hopefully).

thanks again for the help.

sorry i thought VOA and visa exempt were the same thing .
thanks for clearing that up.

Dennis uk wrote:

thanks for the advice, it probably wont be until beginning of next year, i have bank account and will have funds in before this happens.
I saw on a few channels that possibly from 1st october that 30 day visa exempt will be starting again and fully vaccinated with no quarantine(hopefully).

thanks again for the help.

If fully vaccinated and no quarantine you must join the Sandbox program. Otherwise,there are three different levels of quarantine, 7,10 and 14 days. 7 days are for fully vaccinated with an official vaccination certificate. That would mean a 37 days visa exempt (if it exists). But wait until it goes back to normal,it will happen eventually. The government here is just paranoid,mostly because of the still quite slow vaccination rate in several provinces. In neighboring countries like Myanmar,Laos and Cambodia it's much worse and that's where most of the migrant workers comes from.

thanks  :cheers:

Hi Dennis, I will be doing the same in December with luck.  I spoke to an agent and there was no mension of any documents.  They will do everything.  (for a fee)

Hi Dennis, I will be doing the same in December with luck. I spoke to an agent and there was no mension of any documents. They will do everything. (for a fee)
-@Raymond Kamma17

The fee starts from about 12-12,500 baht and up, depending on agency. You still have to fill in form TM7 incl a photo at the agency (if we're talking about a 1 year extension). The agency will take care of copies of this and that.

If I get the non O visa with yearly extension, and need to leave the country, do I need to go through the process again ? I read something about a permit ? to re enter?

If I get the non O visa with yearly extension, and need to leave the country, do I need to go through the process again ? I read something about a permit ? to re enter?
-@Raymond Kamma17

You just pay for a re-entry permit at the local immigration office or at the airport when leaving. 1,000 baht for a single re-entry permit.

Excellent   Thanks heaps

Hi,  Can anyone tell me if I can fly into Thailand on a one way ticket.  I have heard that the departure card has been  abolished.   

If you arrive on a 90 days Non-immigrant O or O-A Visa a one way ticket is allowed. The departure card = TM6 is just cancelled temporarily when arriving by air.

How about if I arrive on 45day visa exempt?  My plan now is to get O visa  and later 1 year extension with agent in Thailand.  I am concerned that I may need a return ticket within the 45 days.

I just answered for which visas you don't need a return ticket. So,a return ticket is needed when arriving on a tourist visa (an official requirement at embassies/consulats) or a visa exempt. People have arrived on a visa exempt without a return ticket without any problems but others weren't that lucky. It's up to the immigration officer. Don't you meet the requirements for the 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa based on retirement? That's by far the best visa if you're going to extend your stay another year.

@raymond kamma

I flew international to DMK on 01 Oct without a follow-on ticket. No problem. Immigration stamped my "45  days" with a smile. Although the airline check in counter (AirAsia) did ask...but I explained I was applying for a 1 year visa upon arrival (Ok Sir).

You can always buy a Throw-away ticket if you still have a bad feeling. Most of you budget airlines over here with have international flights tickets that are very Cheap (less that $50), just book one of the these cheap flights 6 month - 12 months in advance, and you've now check that box.

To get non immigrant O based on retirement in Australia,I will need health insurance which is problematic.  Other than that I can fullfill all requirements.  If I do it through agent in Thailand I can get around that , somehow, or so Iam led to believe.   Maybe I can book cheap flight to Laos or Cambodia to use as departure ???

Just read your post wired tight  OK thanks.

To get non immigrant O based on retirement in Australia,I will need health insurance which is problematic. Other than that I can fullfill all requirements. If I do it through agent in Thailand I can get around that , somehow, or so Iam led to believe.  Maybe I can book cheap flight to Laos or Cambodia to use as departure ???
-@raymond kamma

There's no mandatory health insurance required for the 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa based on retirement in any country in Europe or the US. Are you really sure you didn't misread the requirements? The O-A Long stay Visa requires it, though.

@raymond kamma
I flew international to DMK on 01 Oct without a follow-on ticket. No problem. Immigration stamped my "45 days" with a smile. Although the airline check in counter (AirAsia) did ask...but I explained I was applying for a 1 year visa upon arrival (Ok Sir).
You can always buy a Throw-away ticket if you still have a bad feeling. Most of you budget airlines over here with have international flights tickets that are very Cheap (less that $50), just book one of the these cheap flights 6 month - 12 months in advance, and you've now check that box.
-@WiredTight

I think immigration show more leniency now because of the pandemic and very few tourists in Thailand. That's the reason for the extra 15 days you get with the new 45 days visa exempt. TAT might be behind the leniency.

@Leeds forever! Are you the forum moderator or just someone who thinks he knows everything.

@Leeds forever! Are you the forum moderator or just someone who thinks he knows everything.
-@weschun2004

I live in Thailand since many years,and there's not much I don't know about immigration issues. So, if you can read, you might learn something.

Some learn quicker than others.  I can see why it took you many years...EGO.

Please name one official requirement I have been wrong about. You do understand what the term "official" means?  And fyi, a moderator doesn't need to know anything about different topics, they are just checking posts to see that they follow forum rules.

leeds  Yes I am confused with medical insurance.   The royal thai  website does not require it . But thai embassies in Canberra and Sydney do.  I spoke to a Thai lady in Canberra embassy and she advised me to get a tourist visa.   The lady I saw at agency in Pattaya said no.  You may be right. I think they are confusing O with OA.   However to be sure I will pay the agent. That way I wont have to put so much in my Thai bank as we are only getting 23 baht to the  dollar.

The O-A Visa is a so called 1 year Long stay Visa. That visa has always needed a health insurance. What we are talking about here is just a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa. I read the requirements at the Thai embassy in Canberra and they are not correct. The official requirements regarding health insurances changed July 1 then again October 1,but the embassy is still refering to the old requirements that were used during the pandemic. Very strange. If you're going for the agent method, you can actually get 3+12 months. The cost is a bit higher, but you just have to apply for it once instead of twice. Every agent doesn't do the 3+12, so you might have to ask at more than one agency. A friend of mine did it a month ago,and he paid 15,000 baht,but the price differs.

Yes  that is the quote I got 15000 and it is for 90days plus 1 year.  To me it will save me a lot of worry and hassle so I believe it is worth it.   Thanks for all your input.   Cheers Raymond.

Hello! Who got a first non-o 50 year visa (90 days) in Pattaya immigration office? Do they require that funds should be transferred to a bank account in Thailand from abroad? If I replenished my account with cash many years, can they refuse me? Do they require some documents from previous years for proof, if the last statement shows only the account balance?

Hello! Who got a first non-o 50 year visa (90 days) in Pattaya immigration office? Do they require that funds should be transferred to a bank account in Thailand from abroad? If I replenished my account with cash many years, can they refuse me? Do they require some documents from previous years for proof, if the last statement shows only the account balance?
-@finderbox

When applying for a 90 days Non-immigrant O in Thailand,you need 800k in a Thai bank account the day of application. No documents from previous years is needed. You need a bank letter from your bank showing it's your account and the balance is at least 800k.

When applying for a 90 days Non-immigrant O in Thailand,you need 800k in a Thai bank account the day of application. No documents from previous years is needed. You need a bank letter from your bank showing it's your account and the balance is at least 800k.
-@Leeds forever!

Yes, I know it. But I mean this rule "5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand". I have to show the immigration officer that the money has been deposited into the Thai bank account from abroad (overseas transfer), isn't it?

-@Leeds forever!

Yes, I know it. But I mean this rule "5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand". I have to show the immigration officer that the money has been deposited into the Thai bank account from abroad (overseas transfer), isn't it?
-@finderbox

Your bank book will show that the money comes from abroad (there are bank codes) and you need to copy the first page in the book showing your name and account number plus the page showing the balance.

-@Leeds forever!

-@finderbox
Your bank book will show that the money comes from abroad (there are bank codes) and you need to copy the first page in the book showing your name and account number plus the page showing the balance.
-@Leeds forever!

That is the problem. If I replenished my bank account many years mostly with cash, can the immigration officer reject the non-o visa (in the Pattaya (Jomtien) immigration office)?

-@Leeds forever!

-@finderbox
-@Leeds forever!

That is the problem. If I replenished my bank account many years mostly with cash, can the immigration officer reject the non-o visa (in the Pattaya (Jomtien) immigration office)?
-@finderbox

I would be very surprised if they reject your application as long as you have at least 800k in your account. The only obstacle would be the ladies at desk 7,especially one of them if she's still working there. Don't mention the money,though. You do know that you need 2 complete sets of documents when applying? The bank letter can be copied.