Initial SEF Appointment: Long term rental agreement requirement?

My D7 visa is approved! I've applied with an Airbnb house with a month of rental agreement but extendable agreement. Does SEF look for a year of agreement? If so, I plan to stay 6 months and return to my main country, in this case, 6 months of agreement is acceptable or not? I don't want to pay for a year long agreement. What I need to do in this case?

I've seen that, people will be able to get the residence card after 14 days from initial SEF appointment. I'll land to Lisbon at 2 November, in this case I want to get SEF appointment as soon as possible, maybe for 3 November. But my current rental agreement is a month long, but extendable. If I apply at my first days, it seems like my card will arrive to me while I stay in Lisbon and don't need to find a long term house before applying to SEF.

Should I wait to find a house with a year long agreement before applying SEF?

Hi canerselim,

I'm in the same situation as yours.
Did you manage to complete the SEF appointment with airbnb rental ?
Could you share your experience ?

Thank you
Hello beni19,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that canerselim is no longer active and so might not share his/her experience.

I invite you to create your own discussion on the Portugal forum where other members may guide you more appropriately.

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team