British female looking to move to Jeddah

Hi everyone, I'm looking to move to Jeddah in October as a nurse in King Faisal Hospital and just wondered if anyone could give me any need to know advice. I have reasearched the cultural differences there and think it will be a new and exciting opportunity but at the same time rather nervous! I'd love to hear from anyone who is there already :) Thanks Kathryn XXX

hi kathryn ...welcome to Jeddah in advance :) any particular information you looking for?

WELCOME.. if you can duck past the 10000 personal messages you are likely to get here then stick about... quite a few women around who will give you sound advice...

did they tell you where you will be living outside of work..?. that is the key thing.

With nurses like you, I wouldn't wanna be healthy ever again! Hahaha welcome to Saudi, watch out for much more cheesy remarks from the locals!

Welcome to the Forum and to Suaid Arabia..

Welcome to Saudi Arabia...

If you find living in the UK a bit dull, if you like the challenge of new experiences both good and bad, if you like the heat (!), you'll have a blast. If you spend all your time complaining it's not like the UK or that you can't get x,y, & Z then it'll be less fun. Come with an open mind, wing it and you'll be fine :)
I've been to worse places and many of them are in the UK!

hi Ill be moving soon I think, Im wondering about your accomodation. will u be in a compound?  I dont know what Ill be offered I just want to know before I have an interview.

ok i read all post.most important things to share with u is
1. Neogociate accomodation in compound only
2. Come with open mind to avail new  experience
thanks

hi,

If you need any thing call me 593300936

sajid_mss wrote:

hi,

If you need any thing call me 593300936

C'mon the post is too old and Are you sure about ANYTHING ?? :P

Manish301167 wrote:

Hi,
I am living in ARAMCO community very good sight in Saudi Arabia.Please if you need any help from me please call me on 0558538921

Yeah, I need help:  give me 10,000SAR.

BLAH! :P

Alliecat wrote:

Yeah, I need help:  give me 10,000SAR.

:o

Take 10,000 SAR from me @Allie; but let @Manish301167 complete 50,000 SAR transaction in my account :whistle:

@ TheLegendLeads lol :lol:
Good to see now a days people are very much helpful passing the mobile numbers on E-B. :P. Are this number valid after 1am if anyone got emergency question

How to Survive in Saudi as a Western Woman
1. Live on a Western Compound.
2. Learn you have to dress modestly, ie keep your legs and arms covered.
3. Keep an Abhaya in the bottom of your handbag at all times.
4. Make sure you have access to a driver, otherwise your husband is going to hate going to the supermarket in his off time.  You can't drive yourself in this country.
5. The lack of Alcohol does not worry you after a while.  It was the lack of personal freedom that got to me when we lived there.  It is hard to adjust to being in what seems an alien environment.
6. Go to the local Mums and Tots group meetings even if you don't have children with you.  It is a good way to meet other expat women and make friends... you can always make the tea and coffee.

j'ai une thèse a développer sur les microprocesseurs cisc et risc pouvez-vous m'aidé???????????

wilson_derry wrote:

@ TheLegendLeads lol :lol:
Good to see now a days people are very much helpful passing the mobile numbers on E-B. :P. Are this number valid after 1am if anyone got emergency question

For all your emergency questions 24 X 7,  login to https://www.expat.com/forum:D:lol:

wilson_derry wrote:

Are this number valid after 1am if anyone got emergency question

Depends on the gender of the caller :sleep

@ TheLegendLeads don't make me laugh i cannot control dude. :lol::lol:

IF they will pass the number than they should fulfill the duty Expat calling Expat :D

hahahah again all of the usuall guys start throwing nice words after all she is lady ... come on guys get some guts this is not a way,,,,

desertlifestyle wrote:

hahahah again all of the usuall guys start throwing nice words after all she is lady ... come on guys get some guts this is not a way,,,,

Pls explain the way also !!!:)

desertlifestyle wrote:

Do you think people here are welcoming a lady who initiated the posted on 23-July-2011??? I wish you would have comprehend what it is all about before troubling yourself commenting on it.

@ desertlifestyle we are not commenting about a lady here we respect, here we are talking about someone else who want to publish their phone no#

Netiquettes ;)