Living in Jeddah

Hello.  I am portuguese and I have a job offer to work in a hospital in Jeddah, but I need to know firts how is living in Jeddah. Can anybody tell me something about it! social life, hobbies, culture, etc...
Thank you very much

Best regards

you will find  a lot of info on this forum as well as other websites about Jeddah and daily life. use the search button.

rareshine wrote:

you will find  a lot of info on this forum as well as other websites about Jeddah and daily life. use the search button.

^ as said, tons of stuff to read about.

You will also read a lot of negative feedback, but that's just them. Focus on what you need to know and you will find it. I'm sure you will find Jeddah to be an interesting place.
Just to summarize quickly for your

Living: Your organization might be providing accommodation to you
Hobbies: I'll keep that open
Culture: It is Islamic, but Jeddah is liberal of all the places in the Kingdom. I'm sure others will chime in to that...

Since you're Portuguese  you will be loved as Saudis are C.Ronaldo fans....I kid...good luck.

Gents, you are now free to post your emails....

"Gents, you are now free to post your emails...."

Roger that captain !  :D

Hello,
Jeddah is a nice city, but if you don't have your own friends, you might feel lonely.
come to tell you more about Jeddah, here is my whatsapp +966505846892.
I love making new friends.
best regards

Musfer

i just got to jeddah a couple of days ago, i thought i was going to hate it here. its freaking awesome !!!! you just gotta know where to go

Jeddah nowdays is hot, and if you wanna go out for fun, do it at night.

grwii wrote:

Hello,
Jeddah is a nice city, but if you don't have your own friends, you might feel lonely.
come to tell you more about Jeddah, here is my whatsapp +966505846892.
I love making new friends.
best regards

Musfer

Bravo.  You took communication to next level. Can I what's app you also or is it limited to females ?  :D

u welcome here.
jeddah is a nice place to live in ,it is a bit more comfortable than other places,
u will many good malls to go to .but here as you know , you should cover your body with
black cloak as long as u are outside.
u will meet lots of friends and jeddah is going city .u will find every thing to be happy.

Hi Friends,

I feel extremely embarrassed and some times ashamed when I see my countrymen leaving their personal contact numbers on the forum.

Are we a nation deprived of healthy female companionship? I honestly do not believe so!

You are welcome
I welcome any friendly human being, no matter of gender

"I feel extremely embarrassed and some times ashamed when I see my countrymen leaving their personal contact numbers on the forum
Are we a nation deprived of healthy female companionship? I honestly do not believe so!"
Did i make you feel EXTREMELY EMBARRASSED and ASHAMED?
Ok sorry for that, i will delete my memebership to make you feel better.
please feel ok now.

jeddah, best place here in kingdom... :):):)

Hi everybody,

We are going off topic here. Please note that the topic here is living in Jeddah !

Reminder : For those who are not aware of it, Expat.com is NOT a dating website.

Thank you all

Priscilla  :cheers:

See as they said it's considered as a librarle city comparing to others in Saudi.  You have malls, restaurants and cafes,  and not to forget the sea.  You need to have friends or will be feel lonely.  In the end try to have access to compound and the European Consulate events.  Check with your cansulate in Jeddah.  And be sure to be with the right ppl. Good luck

yes Jeddah is a good place to live compared to other places .

you get all type of foods  . can visit malls  , and as these days are of summer  a bit hot during day so can visit malls and other places in the night , secondly as these days are of the holy month of RAMADAN the day here becomes night and the night becomes day with all facilities being open in the night including some of the banks.

regards
Ali hassan

chbaklo wrote:

i just got to jeddah a couple of days ago, i thought i was going to hate it here. its freaking awesome !!!! you just gotta know where to go

Freaking awesome?
words such as Fine, Okay fits Jeddah but Freaking Awesome fits more Dubai i think?!.. especially for a person coming from Europe?

dnt drag it out let me lie to myself loool
its pretty cool, i go from site to site, i only know a couple of people so far.
but they told me life in compounds or the villages inside jeddah is good, so working on that

Jedda is normal city, there is many activity you can do here , for example you can go to beach 12 month a year, coz the weather is always hot, you can have horse back riding , you can play tennis and every thing, my advice for you to review you contract and you have to live in compound it healthy social ... Any more info. You mor than welcome at any time .
Best Regards
Reda

i think you need to call me , just be careful with your steps do not fall down

Breavheart_rm77 wrote:

Jedda is normal city, there is many activity you can do here , for example you can go to beach 12 month a year, coz the weather is always hot, you can have horse back riding , you can play tennis and every thing, my advice for you to review you contract and you have to live in compound it healthy social ... Any more info. You mor than welcome at any time .
Best Regards
Reda

Reda: Is there a nice racket club in Jeddah near Zahra district? What about equestrian facilities? Would like to join both.

- Joe

I playing only tennis, if you like to join me   You more than welcome dear

Any body living in Jeddah and interesting to play tennis we can arrange 3 days a week at evening ...

Hello all,
       I looking for Germany language teacher, it will be Better if living at Saudi city compound. Any one knows someone please let me know.

Best regards for all

Check with the German school (on Nada compound) they may know someone who tutors. Though most of their teachers live on Nada compound itself

Hello,
      Thanks for advice, if you know someone of them, please send me contact info