Family reunification interview questions

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea about the interview questions for the family reunification? Kindly note that I am non EU and my spouse is also non EU

Thanks,

There is interview for family reunion? Wao. I totally overlooked that. This is because the Embassies serving certain country résidents are already way far ! For example VFS in Abidjan is in charge of applications from Togo and République of Bénin. So you first book flights with all members of the family to submit applications then you book flights again to attend the interview.

Good day guys,

Has anyone experienced interview for family reunification visa application?
How often is interview conducted for family reunification visa?
Does it depend on the embassy? Or the completeness of the visa documents at submission?

Thank you for your anticipated response.

Yes, I had to get an interpreter because they cant be conducted in english. Even better if you get and interpreter in your native language.

It was okay, nothing to worry about. They will interview you separately. Questions like: where did you meet? How and when did you meet? What happened after you met? How did the relationship grow after that? (Here i talked about events like if we moved together, if we had a long distance relationship, things that happened between the moment you met and today) Do you know his/her parents? What are his/her hobbies? What are your hobbies? What did you do last weekend? When is his/her birthday? Why are you coming to belgium? Why is he/she coming to belgium? What did you study? What did he/she study?

I believe interviews always have to happen when there is a non-EU involved.

Good luck! For us everything went okay and the answer was positive :)

Oh thank you for your encouraging response.

Were you interviewed same day you submitted your application or you were called on later for the interview?

What do you mean by " you will be interviewed separately" ? The spouse in Belgium will be interviewed? Will the children also be interviewed?

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

We were called later for the appointment, not the same day.  Both you and your partner will be interviewed even if he is in Belgium.

I said separately because both my partner and I where already in Belgium when submitting the application but we had separate interviews, first him alone and then me.

I doubt they will interview the children, I really dont think so. Plus with children it is already obvious that your relationship is real :) so nothing to worry about.

Just make sure you submit all documentation correctly. In my case, the people at the city hall gave me wrong information but I researched online and made sure I sent everything correctly. (They didnt ask me for proof of income and insurance and said it was not necessary but I read on the internet that you do need it so I just brought it anyway and I was right) its better to give extra things just in case :)

Oh good.
Thank you very much.
In our case one spouse is outside Belgium with the kids.
I also would like to confirm that it is ok that only one spouse submits proof of financial sufficiency ( this case, the spouse outside Belgium with the kids) for the family reunification.
The spouse in Belgium is a student and not yet working.

@Adeyola thanks for the response ma, please I need to know if there must be money inside the statement of account, my wife is a Belgian, we got married in Nigeria last year November and I just submitted this past February 28th 2023. Presently she doesn't have any money in her account because we spent so much money for our wedding and also setting up our house to the taste the embassy wants. So please I need to know if having no money in the account be a problem for us. Less I forget, I submitted my domiciliary accounts which I have a little over a thousand dollars in my dollar account, a little over a thousand pounds in my pounds account and 2,900 euros in my euros account. Is this good???.

@MaryRead I just got married to my wife last year November, she is an EU Belgian citizen and I just submitted this last Tuesday the 28th of February 2023. What I want to know is that,

(1.) How long does it take the reunion visa D to be ready, is it 6 months or 3 months???

(2.) How Long does it take the embassy to call an applicant for an interview??

(3.) As at the time of submission I submitted my wife's 1 year statement of account which has not money it, will that be a problem??

(4.) I submitted my own 3 domiciliary account namely Dollars, Pounds and Euro accounts. In the Dollars account, I have a little more than a thousand dollars, in the pound's account, I also have a little more than a thousand pounds to, last in the Euros account, I have 2900 Euros, is that good enough???

@MaryRead I just got married to my wife last year November, she is an EU Belgian citizen and I just submitted this last Tuesday the 28th of February 2023. What I want to know is that,
(1.) How long does it take the reunion visa D to be ready, is it 6 months or 3 months???

(2.) How Long does it take the embassy to call an applicant for an interview??

(3.) As at the time of submission I submitted my wife's 1 year statement of account which has not money it, will that be a problem??

(4.) I submitted my own 3 domiciliary account namely Dollars, Pounds and Euro accounts. In the Dollars account, I have a little more than a thousand dollars, in the pound's account, I also have a little more than a thousand pounds to, last in the Euros account, I have 2900 Euros, is that good enough???
-@Spencer Gee Gold

Hi spence, Family Reunion with a Belgian takes 6months maximum processing.

Interview is done just to know how deep you guys know each other and it's mostly done for non eu applicants.

Sponsor must have minimum amount of 1900€(as at Jan 2023) as net value after tax has been deducted. It's part of the requirement for visa D.

I'm not sure if the money in your account will help but might be considered. So your wife is not working? She needs to be working and be able to stand as a sponsor for you. Her employment contract, tax return, one year pay slips is required

@Ade mary No she has a very good job, she is a special children educator, it was the marriage and new apartment that we just furnished that took most of our money and yes she gave me every vital document. Her salary is 1980€ per month and she also works at her family's restaurant as a secondary job. So do you mean that she needs to fund the account as soon as possible???

@Ade mary No she has a very good job, she is a special children educator, it was the marriage and new apartment that we just furnished that took most of our money and yes she gave me every vital document. Her salary is 1980€ per month and she also works at her family's restaurant as a secondary job. So do you mean that she needs to fund the account as soon as possible???
-@Spencer Gee Gold

She's earning well and that shouldn't be a problem. As long as it shows on  her payslip after tax have been deducted

No need to show bank balance sir... Please go to Google and check what documents are required for Belgium D Visa!!!!!?

@Ade mary I made a mistake, her monthly earning is 2400€, and that is including salary from her family's restaurant too.

so if I may get your point correctly, do you mean that it doesn't mean if her account is empty in the course of my visa D application???

@likemewho But we already submitted a year bank statement of account with my application since the 28/02/2023 sir. But there was no money in the account as at then

@likemewho how many weeks or months can it take before I get called for interview???

@likemewho how many weeks or months can it take before I get called for interview???
-@Spencer Gee Gold

They call for interview when it's needed while most of the applicants didn't do interview.

processing takes Maximum of 6months which is 24weeks.

I'm also a Nigerian

@Spencer Gee Gold i dont think you need to show the exact money your wife has in her account , statement is ones expenses i think and so far as she has a permenant work ypu should be fine and you are using tls from nigeria so no interview unlike some of us who will use vfs i think

@Tachelle McCarthy Really?? So no interview for applicants through TLS contact?? Thanks so much or the information sir. Sir I noticed some people in here that got their visa D in a month, how is that possible sir? It's just amazingly fast time sir.

@Tachelle McCarthy And sir, I hope submitting our financial status and making them see she doesn't have money for now won't be like shooting ourselves in the leg??? Just curious and afraid sir

@Spencer Gee Gold i think it all to see how perfect your file is and which country you applying from ,am a woman !

@Spencer Gee Gold bank statement is a required documents ,does the statement show there is no money or expenses ? Be clear

@Spencer Gee Gold i think it all to see how perfect your file is and which country you applying from ,am a woman !
-@Tachelle McCarthy

Please I can't comprehend what you mean by this, can you please explain in plain terms?

@Spencer Gee Gold bank statement is a required documents ,does the statement show there is no money or expenses ? Be clear
-@Tachelle McCarthy

No it shows there is no money but there are recent expenses clearly shown in the statements. But like I wrote yesterday I have 3 domiciliary accounts which I included the statements too and all 3 had money in it. £1000+ $1000+ & €2900. I also submitted her work contract, her payment slips at her main work and also payment slips of her family restaurant that she works secondarily too. Her tax papers were included too and all other vital documents

There  should be no problem i think

@Spencer Gee Gold i mean perfect file is you having every required document and the fast process i saw here are mostly turkey etc

@Spencer Gee Gold  Does her pay slips shows she's being paid monthly??

Does she have more than 1 credit in her name?? Having more than one doesn't help because immigration will definitely see this as a red flag.

Can she support you without the help of government? She don't have money in account, so how does she pay bills??

The amount of money you have doesn't really count because she's the sponsor and not you

you need to submit complete required  documents or risk being rejected

@Spencer Gee Gold Does her pay slips shows she's being paid monthly??
Does she have more than 1 credit in her name?? Having more than one doesn't help because immigration will definitely see this as a red flag.
Can she support you without the help of government? She don't have money in account, so how does she pay bills??
The amount of money you have doesn't really count because she's the sponsor and not you
you need to submit complete required documents or risk being rejected
-@Ade mary

Yes her pay slips showed that she's being paid monthly. Please I can't comprehend what you meant by “more than one credit in her name” can you explain what you meant by that? And yes she can support me without the government's help. Why she doesn't have money in her account as the time of submission was that we both spent a lot of money, because she had to come to Nigeria and we just got married and also got a new apartment too and had to furnish it to the government taste for a newly wedded. But every month, she earns 2300 or 2400 and that is stable.

-@Ade mary
Yes her pay slips showed that she's being paid monthly. Please I can't comprehend what you meant by “more than one credit in her name” can you explain what you meant by that? And yes she can support me without the government's help. Why she doesn't have money in her account as the time of submission was that we both spent a lot of money, because she had to come to Nigeria and we just got married and also got a new apartment too and had to furnish it to the government taste for a newly wedded. But every month, she earns 2300 or 2400 and that is stable.
-@Spencer Gee Gold

The government doesn't have taste for your apartment, they are only concerned that the house should be able to accommodate you both and in case you want to have kids later. It's not about the taste, it's just the space that is considered. For credit means is she on loan? Loan that she lend from creditors and it's been deducted from her salary monthly?? loan can be paid for 2 or 5yrs. Her salary is stable so you're good to go. The money in your account can be considered if you're working?? Meaning you have proof of employment contract and if you're self employed, you can prove with your registered business name, bank statement and yearly tax you pay. If not, don't bother with your statement and just submit the required documents you saw on the site.

-@Ade mary
-@Spencer Gee Gold
The government doesn't have taste for your apartment, they are only concerned that the house should be able to accommodate you both and in case you want to have kids later. It's not about the taste, it's just the space that is considered. For credit means is she on loan? Loan that she lend from creditors and it's been deducted from her salary monthly?? loan can be paid for 2 or 5yrs. Her salary is stable so you're good to go. The money in your account can be considered if you're working?? Meaning you have proof of employment contract and if you're self employed, you can prove with your registered business name, bank statement and yearly tax you pay. If not, don't bother with your statement and just submit the required documents you saw on the site.
-@Ade mary

So with the statements of accounts we have already submitted, if it happens that her credit is more than one, can the embassy see it in the statements of account or they will have to investigate with her bank to see it???

@Spencer Gee Gold That's why there's processing and stages

Just with her ID number they have access to all her files and paperwork. From loan,work,social integration and so on

@Ade mary please how can I track my application fine number through dofi????

-@Spencer Gee Gold

You can track with your file number and consulate post. It will only be visible after it has been uploaded on the site.

just go and check info.ibz.be

-@Spencer Gee Gold
You can track with your file number and consulate post. It will only be visible after it has been uploaded on the site.
-@Ade mary

Okay thanks Ma

-@Spencer Gee Gold
-@Ade mary

the embassy in abuja mailed me today that they have sent my application to

FPS home office and that as from now on that I should not message then again for information as they may not be able to provide me one. They said that I should contact the home office as from now on for any information needed.

@Spencer Gee Gold hello hope your decision was positive,  your questions just helped me through some things I didn't understand