Looking for info, Aguascalientes Mexico. Retiring Thanks ahead

Me and my wife are wanting to get as much info as possible on retiring in Aguascalientes, Mexico.

We are also looking at San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.  Both have the weather we are looking for and in the mountains.  But San Miguel de Allende is more expensive then Aguascalientes.

So from what I can find Rent is 600 to the 1200 range is possible in both locations.  One has a Sams club and Walmart in town for special needs we can get in local stores. 

The biggest thing is we would like to know how much different each city is from each other. 

We are still learning Spanish so that might fit in.  I hear that 10% of San Miguel de Allende is ex-pats so we could very well find a lot of English-speaking friends.  But what is Aguascalientes like?

We found both locations have great cell service and good high-speed internet (I think anything 25Mbs down and 5Mbs up is good.  Internet for us is just to stream TV and basic searching)  Both have good medical and local food to buy.

Thanks for any info.

SMA is small and gets boring. Aguascalientes is a modern large city but is mostly working class. Much, much better with the same climate is San Luis Potosi or Querataro and very much more middle class and upper middle class with all that includes. I live in SLP and have been in the other cities many times. SMA has a closer location to CDMX and Guadalajara but not worth living there to save about an  hours drive. I consider Aguascalientes as a cow town. Catering to the farms and ranches of that state. Outside of El Centro in SMA and some nice residential areas it is dumpy and poor looking. IMO

@alleycat1

Thats not very nice. Your opinion does not concur with MOST others.  Why are you trying to divide. We are all here together. *** ***

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : no personal attack please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct