Irresponsible motor bike riders

5 days ago on leaving the central market with her weeks shopping she was hit on her right leg causing a lot of damage, as usual the rider just drove off not stopping to see if she was ok, it has cost me $400 for 3 days in the camlette hospital and she will need corrective surgery in the future, with the large numbers of people killed and/ or injured in Cambodia one would think that every motor bike and vehicle should be registered with a third party insurance policy automatically being applied to cover all medical and out of pocket expenses free to the victim, i do not think the government knows or has calculated just how much revenue it would receive if you just picked a figure of say 3 million vehicles multiplied by say $20 would equal $60,00000 per year, there is a possibility that the real number of vehicles would be closer to 10 million.

Probably Third Party insurance would be useful. The downside is the number of claims would be more than the premium!

Thank you hdgh29 for taking the time to answer,I ran my own transport company in Australia for 35 years before retiring, I have lived in Cambodia on a regular basis for the last 9, I guess I cannot get out of the habit of perusing every vehicle I see when traveling around and I shudder to think of the number of unroadworthy cars, buses and trucks I have counted, 9 out of 10 that would not even get past a spot tire check, so I was being a bit ambitious in suggesting some form of third party insurance in Cambodia and you are right it would cost more than the premiums collected in claims. Ah Kun.