Car import taxes calculation

Hi everyone,

I am looking to import a car into Cambodia, however, I just am not able to calculate the customs, tried contacting the custom department but they don't speak English  (Also am not in Cambodia right now). Can any please help me know how to do it, what percentage etc, its a Land Cruiser V6 2017.

Thank you

Really expensive I'm afraid.  The roads here are so dangerous - I avoid them at all costs.

Google would have brought you to this website, in English, of the Duties and Taxes of the General Department of Customs and Excise of Cambodia.

http://www.customs.gov.kh/outline-of-la … and-taxes/

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia Expert
Expat.com team

Contact me on whatsapp: ***

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security

Hello , Not sure if you can help letting me know about importation of E-motorbikes to Cambodia and the customs tax each?

I like to send my car to combudia  how is import tax and where  we can get right person to support

• @Saiff101- depend on model GX VX GR Sport ….

tax calculation by the model

@Mariyo G

http://www.customs.gov.kh/outline-of-la … and-taxes/

That link no longer works Joe. Probably the most accessed page on the entire site and they remove it. Just a reminder of how things work here.

You want to drive at 25 mph in Phnom Penh, and 5 mph in rush hour, and go with God on the national roads, go by tuk tuk it's easier cheaper and safer,

@toni345th

I love driving my 4runner 4x4 in phnom penh. Sure there are stop lights but riding in a tuktuk and shopping would be insane for me. It's so fun to pay someone a few bucks to watch your vehicle while you go in a store etc and i enjoy the chaos driving. The older and smaller the motor the cheaper the import but there is no point. Just go on khmer24 and buy yourself a car or truck. I've bought 3 so far and super happy with them all. Bought a few dirt bikes as well. If you are rich and want to import I think the price wouldn't matter to calculate ^_* . I live in a village 1 hour from phnom penh and getting a taxi there would be 45$ if you want to do shopping and play around then they would want more to wait for you. If you want to share a taxi then 5$ and wait for hours. That's fun too buying everyone in the taxi some food and chatting but it makes for a long trip while they try and gather more people to stuff in. Really cool to put out your thumb and have someone stop and give you a ride for a few bux but even cooler to drive yourself.

@BattamBoss

https://web.archive.org/web/20190113021 … and-taxes/

@Small Box

Well I have done all that even had a Ferrari 308 & an f150 lightning truck which I do miss,  but I am old now and like to avoid the( CIA )Confrontation Irritation and Aggravation, which would give me all 3 driving in Phnom Penh as there are no rules and I am to old to bother to adapt, and live in daun penh where everything is so don't see the need, but I do see your point of view,

@toni345th

Well I'm less stressed in my own car then with me and my possesions in a random tuktuk. But the people in this thread didn't come here for them to be told to take a taxi hahahaha. Nice cars btw I'd be scared to drive a Ferrari in cambodia with out a body guard or two driving behind be