Planning to Live in Germany

Hi, I'm Anshu. I'm from Kolkata, India. I'm planning to live in Germany in the near future, withing 2 years or more. If anyone from India is planning to do the same, please connect with me. If you're from some other country and planning to live in Germany please feel free to connect with me. It'll be a pleasure to be a part of your journey.

I'm planning to go to Germany for higher studies and want to live in Germany after completing my study.

Please connect with me, it'll be easier if we go in a foreign country in a group other than alone.

Thanks in advance.

😊

Goodmorning its Poscha from Namibia,I'm so glad to meet you here I'm also planning on moving to Germany as soon as my country's borders open I'm glad I'll have friends to meet up with and can connect with I've always wanted an Indian friend and this makes it more interesting for me to meet you.

uhsna wrote:

Hi, I'm Anshu. I'm from Kolkata, India. I'm planning to live in Germany in the near future, withing 2 years or more. If anyone from India is planning to do the same, please connect with me. If you're from some other country and planning to live in Germany please feel free to connect with me. It'll be a pleasure to be a part of your journey.

I'm planning to go to Germany for higher studies and want to live in Germany after completing my study.

Please connect with me, it'll be easier if we go in a foreign country in a group other than alone.

Thanks in advance.

😊

Welcome to the site. There are Indians that contribute here; mostly IT people rather than students.

There have been many threads on this forum about studying in Germany that can provide you with information. Be aware that even if one finds a tuition free program (not all are free despite what one hears!) there are other costs to living or studying here. One needs over 10,000 Euros a year in a blocked bank account for the study visa. And while there are some programs taught in English, most are on a high C1 level of German.

And English taught programs are fine if you intend to return home or go on to an English speaking country. But getting a degree in English here hardly prepares one for the job market where well over 90% of jobs will require fluent German. The exceptions are usually limited to certain fields of high tech, IT or science related research. So, to stay and work in Germany, one is best off getting their German to a level that they can do a German taught program - or else have to learn the language parallel to their studies.

It'll be a pleasure Poscha to meet you there. It's nice to have a friend in a new country.

TominStuttgart wrote:
uhsna wrote:

Thanks in advance.

😊

Welcome to the site. There are Indians that contribute here; mostly IT people rather than students.

There have been many threads on this forum about studying in Germany that can provide you with information. Be aware that even if one finds a tuition free program (not all are free despite what one hears!) there are other costs to living or studying here. One needs over 10,000 Euros a year in a blocked bank account for the study visa. And while there are some programs taught in English, most are on a high C1 level of German.

And English taught programs are fine if you intend to return home or go on to an English speaking country. But getting a degree in English here hardly prepares one for the job market where well over 90% of jobs will require fluent German. The exceptions are usually limited to certain fields of high tech, IT or science related research. So, to stay and work in Germany, one is best off getting their German to a level that they can do a German taught program - or else have to learn the language parallel to their studies.

Thanks a lot for this valuable information.

jonaspel wrote:

Yes, it's really not safe to go alone right now

What does this mean? Who wrote anything about safety? Germany is one of the safest countries in the world and can easily be visited or immigrated to alone.

Or do you mean because of Covid? Again, one of the counties doing the best at immunization and control at the moment having gotten off to a rather slow start. And vaccines are now readily available; the fight to get appointments from some months back are over. Many countries might not be on the safe list to come to Schengen still but its relatively safe when one gets here although there are still some mask and testing requirements.

I want to job in Germany please tell me I'm from india
I don't know how and what i have to do

Rajveer Singh48 wrote:

I want to job in Germany please tell me I'm from india
I don't know how and what i have to do

Read what has already been posted on many other threads. Hardly a subject covered here more than this. And be specific when posting questions. Such broad ones tend to waste people's time and might not even give one the answers they want.