Error in Evisa Application

Dear Friends,

I have applied for the renewal of self sponsor visa electronically with necessary documents but after submitting the application I noticed that i have entered the passport number with minor error. e.g. instead of 1234455 i input 12344455. After i noticed this, I sent mail to self sponsor visa department and they replied that they may send new link or may be i need to re-apply. But this is only after it reaches their deparment post review by the first department. Does anyboby have any such experience as to if this minor error is acceptable or I will need to reapply and pay application fee again?

Not sure.  This electronic application for self sponsorship visa is new.  Let us know what happens.

Yes e-visa in self sponsorship category is comparatively new but in general, how such an error is dealt with in regular Evisa applications?

That's what I was trying to say - in the normal EMS system, such an error is not possible if you are renewing due to system auto checks.  I think the self sponsorship system is basically just a form.

My gut feel is that the application will be rejected due to wrong passport number and they will ask you to apply again - but no fees.   They are probably not clear on it themselves.

By the way, how long did your renewal for self sponsorship take?

Yes its an online form basically and then we have to attach the necessary documents. Last time in 2019 it was not online and so after submitting the application personally it got renewed in 5-6 weeks. If they dont charge application fee ( BHD 4.00) again its good. Lets see.

Still visa is in process...nowadays they are taking too much time

Wow it is taking a long time.

Last week they had sent me link to rectify the error and within 1 week they approved the visa. Does anyone have idea as to now payment is online and the visa sticker to be collected from Muharraq branch? or payment and visa sticker collection both are at Muharraq branch?

Just to inform all that when visa was renewed and I was asked to go to Muharraq branch for visa stamping, I did go after taking online appointment last year but now they are not allowing expats to come and only locals are allowed so i had to get it done through agent by paying his fees per passport!
Two quick questions:

1) This time with online, how long did the self sponsorship visa renewal take?

2) They have stopped putting stickers for other visa types since last 2 weeks.  But for self sponsorship, they still put?
1) It was done in three months after applied online, July to Sep 2021
2) For our case they put stickers in Oct 2021. Not sure now if there is any change.
Thanks. It makes sense. Stickers were only stopped in April 2022.