VFS interview for D7 visa

Hello everyone

My interview with VFS D7 visa is on next week,
Can anyone explain it?  what's all about? what kind of questions we got to answer..etc

Thanks

Our VFS interview was this past Monday in San Francisco. It was not so much about being interviewed as it was about stepping through all of the paperwork together before they submitted it to the consulate. The VFS worker was helpful but it was not about questions they were asking. It was about ensuring clerical accuracy and that our documents all qualified according to their check list. Good luck with the submission! Fingers crossed!

Thanks Michael for the information

I'd like to get more feedback about  missing documents composing the file.
I got payments receipts for the lease agreement and the insurance required by D7 but still waiting for my solliciter to send these documents to me, should I go to the VHS appointment without these documents or better make another appointment.  (Appointment fees apply)
I've already cancelled the first one for this same reason.

Thanks.

They needed everything at one time to submit. They said that we could hold on to the paperwork and mail it in to them at one time. Have you called their service telephone number. They were very helpful with answering specific questions.

Ok, Thanks Michae

Hello
I had my D7 VFS interview a few weeks ago too (in London). I was also expecting more of an interview but it was literally someone checking off all the documents and then they took finger prints and photos. There were no questions about why I want to move etc. I would definitely wait until I had all the documents as it all gets sent off in one folder to the embassy.
Zoe

That interview is with SEF in Portugal. At the consulate they usually receive & check off all the documents.

Please see this link:

https://youtu.be/EQ6sLYQrhb4

Hopefully this post is still viable.  I currently have an appointment on November 30, 2023. I know you have to show proof of a year lease....but it's only a 90 day window from your interview time.  Currently, I have someone willing to rent for a year, but not until April....which skews my appointment date within the 90 days.  My question is, if I have a stop gap, like proof of an air b&B rental for two months (February & March....starting my yearly in April), will they accept that?  Been trying to reschedule to January, but so far, it's been very difficult.  Any advice?

Note that item 27 on the application form (mine anyway) is intended date of arrival.  That could be as far away as you want - April, August, 2026, whatever, and I assume that's when you need accommodations.  The date of the VFS interview doesn't count for anything.  [I am not a lawyer.]