Renting a house in Gent

Hi,

I'm Andy and I would like to move to Gent with my family from Romania. We are 4 people and are looking for a house with 3 (maximum 4) bedrooms to rent. This move will be permanent and we intend to get jobs quickly.

I have reached to a few immo agencies but none of them replied back.
Now, I'm not sure if this is true, but from what I've heard, you can't rent a house if you don't have a Belgian ID, which can be received after working for six months. Is this true, because it seems like a paradox since we need the house to live before finding work.

Anyway, I would like to know what are our chances of renting a house or apartment and what do we need in order to do it?

Thank you kindly,
Andy

Get a hotel first on your arrival. Immediately, the following day go the municipality to register your presence and tell them you want to apply for a residence permit.  They will tell you what next to do. But first thing is to arrive in a hotel.

Wish I could do that, but when we're leaving we will rent a van to bring our possessions as well. We can't keep the van until we find a place and I doubt we can keep our stuff in the hotel until we do.

My main concern was actually if there is a chance we could rent from Romania and as soon as we get the house we start packing and relocate?

Best is to call real estate people where you want rent the house. Also you can Try look for in www[.]immoweb[.]Be

Ok I understand now. It's possible. Call a contact at Immoweb. because you need the lease contract anyway to apply for your residence permit. All the best