Furnished pet friendly accommodation

Hope you can assist me Expat community.

We are looking for a 3 bedroom fully furnished ground level place (one storey) with a small garden/courtyard that allows two small dachshunds for a period of 2-3 months in Budapest.  We are Hungarian citizens (three adults) and family emigrating from South Africa next month. 

I'm not finding many options on AirBNB 😞 Our dates that we require are from 16 June 2021 - 31 August 2021.

Why not look here?

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/europe/hungary/.

Also here:

https://ingatlan.com/

So you're looking for a detached/semi-detached 3br home for short-term but don't want to pay the 2000$+/month on AirBNB? Good luck with that... Unless you speak hungarian and have tons of time, this might be a case where a real estate agent could help find a landlord willing to let for short-term in exchange for a premium reasonable to all 3 parties... Google will find you english-speaking real estate agencies in BP.

I totally agree with your response Short term alone is the toughest especially with animals.

FYI - It's not about the price there are just no pet friendly options. We would prefer to commit to long term once our belongings have arrived and we have looked at places in person.

Maybe compromise on the property type, condo/apartment instead of detached home, lots of pet-friendly options on airBnb...

JadeneT wrote:

FYI - It's not about the price there are just no pet friendly options. We would prefer to commit to long term once our belongings have arrived and we have looked at places in person.

Being outside the city a bit will get you a garden which is of course a happy place for the dogs.

I have a friend who is not expat but he may be able to help (almost lifelong Budapest denizen).
Name: Tamàs
Let me know!
]Jànos from Geneva]

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : please do not post personal contact details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@sicsok

It is unsafe to post any contact details here on the open forum. Please use the message system to exchange details.

Wondering why to move, is it retirement or job,? Budapest can be nice for many, but what is the consideration to choose for City life? We like and even love our dogs, a big fenced garden (and in our case pond) is great. In our village life is also good, of course no bars, no Chinese restaurants etc, but culture is just a few minutes away and so are many other things.

Budapest is expensive (on a relative basis).

cdw057 wrote:

Wondering why to move, is it retirement or job,? Budapest can be nice for many, but what is the consideration to choose for City life? We like and even love our dogs, a big fenced garden (and in our case pond) is great. In our village life is also good, of course no bars, no Chinese restaurants etc, but culture is just a few minutes away and so are many other things.

Budapest is expensive (on a relative basis).

No pub? How do you cope?  :lol:

Pub, I do not miss, but zero tolerance on alcohol on the road (ie no wine) at dinner in a restaurant I do :)
Enough wine at home though and my wife cooks very well. But to me a glass of wine at dinner in a restaurant is nice. (allowed in many countries)
A bit off topic though I think.

Going back to the topic, pet friendly to me means village and a big garden, one of our cats only stays in our garden (others move around (and 2 died/disappeared). For dogs a fenced garden is perfect and they are (in a way protected) and also seem to enjoy life.
Furnished pet friendly and Budapest to me do not match.

Being animal lovers AND retiree, my advice is village (disadvantages are clear, but animals will be happy)
please have a look at christof001 on youtube, no cats on the video, but please be sure they are part of the household.

Pluses minuses everywhere too many animals, too few restaurants, too ...., but having lived in the centre of London, a small city in the Netherlands, in the centre of Luxembourg, the way I live right now is not too bad I think.
(Just be not be mistaken, the last of our cents in the property)

cdw057 wrote:

Going back to the topic, pet friendly to me means village and a big garden, one of our cats only stays in our garden (others move around (and 2 died/disappeared). For dogs a fenced garden is perfect and they are (in a way protected) and also seem to enjoy life.
Furnished pet friendly and Budapest to me do not match.

I agree.  If you've got an animal - cat, dog, alpaca, wallaby etc - then  a fenced garden is ideal.  There are plenty of places within public transport commute of Budapest that are worth thinking about.   And it's a lot cheaper out in the sticks if one doesn't want to live in a palace.  Many families with young children move out to the burbs so the kids have access to a garden.

My own village is just a few hundred metres outside of the Budapest city limits yet we have Budapest city buses we can use.  Other commuter towns/villages around here - Budaors (blue bus), Torokbalint (train and blue bus), Biatorbagy (not sure probably Volanbus), Telki (Volan), Paty (Volan),  Solymar (train too) etc.  Quite a few really.